Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I said this to someone at work recently. However, I do think LA is one of very few possibilities.

Teams desperate to get a star could work, but Wall would need to pass a physical and show he’s healthy at the very least.  Lakers if they strike out in free agency.  Knicks as well.  Miami is a possibility as they’re desperate to be relevant again.  One star teams desperate to pair their star with a second are a possibility too.  

I suspect much of what happens has to do with how this season plays out.  If they miss the playoffs Bert and Ernie will see Wall as their ticket.  They clearly don’t want to be a lottery team.  If they can make the post season without hm, they might see a trad as a way out of the cap hell Ernie’s built.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't see the Lakers as a potential place. Wall does not fill a need with either Rondo or Ball healthy. I also think he is not really a good fit...especially at that price point. 

Healthy Wall is miles better than either of those two.  Wall can drag a team into the post season, Ball is a bust and Rondo is dependent on scorers around him to be successful.  He’s not an ideal fit next to a Lebron, but he’d certainly let Lebron reduce his usage rate without the offense grinding to a halt.  That seems to be something Lebron has wanted for a while now.  

The problem is his contract.  If they add Wall there’s no room for a third star.

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't see the Lakers as a potential place. Wall does not fill a need with either Rondo or Ball healthy. I also think he is not really a good fit...especially at that price point. 

You do know that Wall, even at 50-75%, is light years better than both of those guys, right? 

There were also grumblings that a Harden/Paul tandem wouldn't work either...we saw how good the Rockets were last year with the two of them and were EXTREMELY close to eliminating the Warriors from the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Always a plan to get rid of him. Never a plan to replace him. Getting old, but used to it at this point.

The plan to replace him is for the Wiz to sign me to a contract. John Wall can't shoot. I can't shoot. Therefore, the team would not lose anything. On top of that, I wouldn't cost them a max contract. I'd settle for half of that.

Think about it! The Wiz would lose only a little shot making ability, but pay half as much! It's a sabermetrics dream!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Davis Bertrans, who I’m sure all of you knew well prior to this game, has absolutely killed us.   

I know of him.  That's the kid who is missing a finger.  Wanted us to draft him in 2011 although I was good with Shelvin Mack.  Tall, slender shooter and we were absolutely desperate for any semblance of outside shooting at the time.  But I think he was always destined to be a Spur.  He's a pretty good role player.

55 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Wizards would be stupid to not see if new orleans would bite on a AD package with Beal on the way out. 

This is the trade to make.  Tell New Orleans to pick one of either Wall or Beal and whatever else you want.  Maybe they can find a better package of picks, but if they're looking to make a deal before the deadline, it won't come from Boston.

• Like 1

It would take substantially more than Beal and anything the Wizards could offer. Plus, AD likely wouldn't want to sign long term here so it would do the Wizards no good anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wall and AD would be nasty.

Beal and AD would be better and I don't think it's close. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It would take substantially more than Beal and anything the Wizards could offer. Plus, AD likely wouldn't want to sign long term here so it would do the Wizards no good anyway. 

No way we do the trade without him agreeing to extension, do it same time.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise is even an option.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal and AD would be better and I don't think it's close. 

Doesnt matter because we'd lose Beal in a trade for AD.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No way we do the trade without him agreeing to extension, do it same time.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise is even an option.

If you dont think Ernie would make that move with the hope that we can woo him into a long term in the future you underestimate the man 

No sane person would do that - in that we agree lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If you dont think Ernie would make that move with the hope that we can woo him into a long term in the future you underestimate the man 

No sane person would do that - in that we agree lol

Ernie is better with getting veterans then drafting rookies.  I don't think he's all there either, something tells me Ted won't let him gut this team without having AD extension done on the plan to DC.  Wishful thinking, maybe, but the madness is seeing us one step forward, two steps back.  This would be a step forward.

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The Raptors have rolled the dice with Kawhi doing that very thing. 

Which I don't agree with, but we'll see.

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

New Orleans will want assets they can control a lot longer than Beal since Beal is only signed one more year than AD. 

Find a way to add Otto then.