Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Tommy loses Beal for nothing, he’s got to be fired right?  That’s the worst mistake a GM can make.

i can’t see Beal and Harden in the same backcourt, but he’d pair beautifully with Embiid.  I’d actually like to watch them play, though I could never root for a Philly team.  Just feels wrong.  

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

If Tommy loses Beal for nothing, he’s got to be fired right?  That’s the worst mistake a GM can make.

i can’t see Beal and Harden in the same backcourt, but he’d pair beautifully with Embiid.  I’d actually like to watch them play, though I could never root for a Philly team.  Just feels wrong.  

Couldn’t they sign and trade him?  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Couldn’t they sign and trade him?  

It would have to be a sign and trade most anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

If Tommy loses Beal for nothing, he’s got to be fired right?

I would love that to happen but I doubt Beal leaves. He seems most interested in getting paid the max amount. 

I'm still in the "Free Brad Beal" camp. That's the angle I take on it. I agree with those that say he won't ever take us to a "next level" but honestly I don't fault him for that. He gave this team everything, was a fantastic employee, a darned good SG. It was the franchise that ultimately could not put a team together that could find big NBA success. 

Set the man free to find a destination with a chance at something. Washington is too far away and maybe a "never will" type of franchise.

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Good tank loss in LA last night

I'm with you on the tank but I wanted that one last night after the humiliating loss to them in DC last time. I still cannot shake that game. I stopped watching them for a lot of games after that and almost quit for the season. In fact, it's only the Staps acquisition that brought my interest back. Sickening loss and I wanted revenge. Nope.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Still too early to call Wuj a failure?

Yes, he's a first time head coach with no PG to run whatever his offense is, and the team is built around a player that is now out for the rest of the year.

I expected growing pains, call me if he doesn't show growth as a coach after another year or two.

Saying he's a failure already is insinuating he needs to be fired, I'm not there yet, I refuse to be there yet halfway through his first year.

• Thanks 1

It's too early to say WUJ is a failure, but it's fair to say he doesn't look like a good head coach yet. The rotations don't make sense, there doesn't seem to be much of an offensive game plan and the defense is terrible. But the roster does suck and that's on the GM. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, Destino said:

@TradeTheBeal!will be here to tell you that rooting for a Philly team isn't that bad.  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Not much you can do when "insert name" scores "# between 40 and 50" three games in a row?

Bad luck or bad adjustments to help slow down an obviously hot player even if you can't stop them?

When was the last time the team made a noticeable adjustment mid-game?