Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 3/12/2022 at 10:58 PM, CRobi21 said:

Still too early to call Wuj a failure?

On 3/12/2022 at 11:08 PM, Renegade7 said:

Yes, he's a first time head coach with no PG to run whatever his offense is, and the team is built around a player that is now out for the rest of the year.

I expected growing pains, call me if he doesn't show growth as a coach after another year or two.

Saying he's a failure already is insinuating he needs to be fired, I'm not there yet, I refuse to be there yet halfway through his first year.

I have to agree with @Renegade7 but I will say this- I judge coaches in the NBA by the team's defense, so in that regard Junior is already wearing very thin on me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

They mismanaged Dinwiddie and then he goes and has 2 straight buzzer beaters for Dallas 🤔

Mismanaged?

I'm looking at his box scores since he left, he's dropping 20+ every once in a while, but he was the 2nd highest paid player here, he was supposed to average at least 20ppg, especially when Beal went out.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2580782/spencer-dinwiddie

He isn't doing that in Dallas anymore then he did here, he's still for the most part underachieving for someone supposed to be making about $20 million a year.

So please, can we all agree to stop with these drive by posts every time he does something nice every once in a while?  Signing him was a mistake, he's not the player we thought he was and he's no longer a Wizard.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Mismanaged?

I'm looking at his box scores since he left, he's dropping 20+ every once in a while, but he was the 2nd highest paid player here, he was supposed to average at least 20ppg, especially when Beal went out.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2580782/spencer-dinwiddie

He isn't doing that in Dallas anymore then he did here, he's still for the most part underachieving for someone supposed to be making about $20 million a year.

So please, can we all agree to stop with these drive by posts every time he does something nice every once in a while?  Signing him was a mistake, he's not the player we thought he was and he's no longer a Wizard.  

Yeah, and he's playing better there than he was here.

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yeah, and he's playing better there than he was here.

One, that's a very low bar considering how terrible he was here.

And two, he's still not playing up to his contract, so getting rid of that contract was only way to make up for giving it to him in the first place.

Nothing makes sense about what this organization is doing. If WUJ is coaching to win, why is Rui on the bench when down three? If he isn’t trying to win, why are Kuzma and KCP playing so many minutes?

Also, why should a three when down one?

14 hours ago, Hersh said:

Nothing makes sense about what this organization is doing. If WUJ is coaching to win, why is Rui on the bench when down three? If he isn’t trying to win, why are Kuzma and KCP playing so many minutes?

Also, why should a three when down one?

if WUJ is coaching to win… at this point I’m hoping he’s not.  The consistent theme of this season is underachieving.  Individually and as a team.  (With the exception of Kyle Kuzma.)

1 hour ago, Destino said:

if WUJ is coaching to win… at this point I’m hoping he’s not.  The consistent theme of this season is underachieving.  Individually and as a team.  (With the exception of Kyle Kuzma.)

I don’t think WUJ likes Rui. 

38 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t think WUJ likes Rui. 

I think that he didn’t like Rui taking a vacation from basketball and then showing up out of shape.  That relationship is definitely not great.  The rest of the organization seemed more supportive about the whole mental health thing than coach did.  WUJ said he didn’t know where he’d be in the lineup, then we got the g league thing that never happened, and now he sits him in big moments despite his effectiveness.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I get wanting a higher draft pick in a lost cause season, but I have no idea how a new Head Coach is supposed to create a culture of winning if he doesn't try to win.

I'd rather live with he doesn't know what he's doing yet with what he has over hin intentionally trying to lose games he likely loses anyway even when trying to win.

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think that he didn’t like Rui taking a vacation from basketball and then showing up out of shape.  That relationship is definitely not great.  The rest of the organization seemed more supportive about the whole mental health thing than coach did.  WUJ said he didn’t know where he’d be in the lineup, then we got the g league thing that never happened, and now he sits him in big moments despite his effectiveness.  

So normal wiz dysfunction. 

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm at the laker game now wiz getting wrecked 

Down by 5, simmer down...

Also, Gooden lost a lot of points for his take tonight that LeBron is the GOAT over Jordan...c'mon, man 🤨

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Down by 5, simmer down...

Also, Gooden lost a lot of points for his take tonight that LeBron is the GOAT over Jordan...c'mon, man 🤨

:806:

And he didn't have too many pts to begin with...

All because he played with James. Just wants to be associated with greatness.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thanks 1