Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 hours ago, Destino said:

I disagree.  Walls knees are cooked.  Westbrook was an easier contract to deal and it landed us Kuzma, who right now is more valuable than Wall (as an asset).  Hell, Porzingas is more valuable than Wall (asset, again).  I will always be a fan of John but his contract combined with his health was a nightmare.  Especially since the entire offense had to be built around him for him.  

I’m thinking about the potential draft picks. Definitely in the lottery last draft and they’d still have their 2023 pick. But I acknowledge that fits more what I’d wish the Wiz would do so I could be biased.

17 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I am.

Well not so much the move, I just didn't like Ted's passive aggressive shot at John on the way out.

Just soured me on the entire organization 

I was a big John Wall fan but it was time to move on.  As for any parting shots I honestly don’t even remember.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I am irrationally excited about having Kristaps on the team now.  It just feels right that we have a giant on the roster again.  Him + Kuzma + Rui is going to be fun for the games we can manage to have them available.

Yeah, I'm excited as well.

Really looking forward to seeing the tandem of Kristaps & Kyle stretch the floor.

Now THAT is match-up problem.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe there’s still donkeys in here arguing Wall should still be around.  Really??  Bruh

ETA- the KP trade was amazing.  Doesn’t even matter if he’s injured the entire time.  Just the *possibility* of his ceiling for 2 complete bums on bad deals is a total fleece.  FOH with any other take.  

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Can’t believe there’s still donkeys in here arguing Wall should still be around.  Really??  Bruh

ETA- the KP trade was amazing.  Doesn’t even matter if he’s injured the entire time.  Just the *possibility* of his ceiling for 2 complete bums on bad deals is a total fleece.  FOH with any other take.  

Learn to ****ing read.  No one said “Wall should still be here.” People are always super quick to call trades a win. It’s almost like people said the same exact thing in the off-season and that become a ****ing disaster.

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

This was always going to be a big problem with the unbalanced roster. We've talked about this here fairly often since the Westbrook trade and draft. 

Edited by Hersh

On 8/3/2021 at 4:09 PM, Hersh said:

I hate Ted Leonsis. All the problems with the Wiz can be traced back to him. He's a piece of ****. 

I was just looking back and I'm gonna quote some great observations by some of y'all. Lots of knowledge in this thread. 

On 8/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, Ball Security said:

What about Porzingis instead of Turner?  Bertans and Kuzma make the salaries close.  Luka wants him gone.

Dinwiddie

Beal

KCP 

Rui

KP

Dinwiddie

Beal

Deni/Kispert

KP

Gafford/Harrell

Good call here @Ball Security

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Destino said:

Most people, including fans, suspect another move is coming.  Front court is bloated, and there’s no chance these guys will be fine not playing.

100% came true @Destino

On 8/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, Going Commando said:

The contract is the bigger concern than the reported draft picks in the exchange.  If Dinwiddie doesn't recover from his injury, then all of that flexibility we opened up with the Westbrook trade is gone and we've got another Mahinmi-esque anchor on our hands.  Three years can be a long time.  I wonder how much of that third year is guaranteed?

@Going Commando Excellent call

On 8/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, Hersh said:

The trade for Aaron Holiday was a terrible trade. The guy is a restricted FA after this season. It would have served the team better long term to either draft a PG at 22 and have that player under control for a lot longer, draft Todd if he was the target all along or trade back a few slots and add draft assets. Ultimately, Todd could sign a short contract which would make him an UFA early and this team can't afford to pay Holiday much of anything even if he has a decent season. 

Occasionally I get **** right. 

What Betrans is talking about is exactly what some posters were worried about with all the "depth" we had going into this season.

I'm not sure I'm buying this yet, but I remember reassuring my dad that jus because this happened in Boston didn't mean it would happen here, Steven's lost his team over this.

Edited by Renegade7

Regarding the complaints about playing time, they hardly had any games where they were at full strength. When they were it was only Deni, Bertans, and Gafford who’s playing time really suffered.  And, again, that was for only a few games.

I could see it being a problem if Rui was available for the first few months and Bryant was here day 1.  And guys didn’t keep missing games because of COVID.  

• Like 1

Pardon my pathetic post, please- but after last night (or really after that Clippers disaster) is there really even a need for this thread? This team is trash. Last night's game was the first game I watched since the Clippers game. I figured, "Nothing else on tv, might as well give the Wiz another chance."

GAH-BAGE. They're garbage, my friends. Believe me, I understand your frustrating dedication. I understand the love of basketball and when we have a team in our city we need to support them. I'm a Bullez-Wiz fan since 1972. I just don't know how much longer I can watch a team that loses games to clearly inferior rosters on a regular basis. Hey "upsets" happen, I get it. At what point do I stop considering games like last night's game an upset? We're trash. I've just seen too many eras of failure.

Does anyone truly believe the old "This new player will change things" or "This new coach will change things?" tropes anymore?

I already stopped posting in the Stadium with any frequency a couple years ago because it just doesn't seem relevant to bother with the hopes for our football franchise. I no longer care who we draft, who we bring in to coach, which QB might change the course for the Commanders. 2-3 game Redskin or WFT win streaks don't raise my hopes. It's becoming the same mind frame for the Wizards. Go ahead, Wiz- win 5 straight. I know you'll lose 7 straight after that or 7 of 10. 

I'm sad. I'm tired. I'm insulted. I'm soooo skeptical about all things basketball (and football) in this town. I honestly commend most of you for your dedication but I think I'm a lot older than most of you and I know this song by heart. They're garbage. They'll always be garbage.

Last night was no upset. It will happen MANY times for the rest of the season throughout what is supposed to be the easiest remaining schedule in the NBA. it will happen many times next season and the season after that. I can promise this with supreme confidence. 

What keeps you guys believing after seeing games like last night vs. Indiana? Does Kristaps Porzingis keep you believing? Does a draft pick keep you believing? Do we all just have Stockholm Syndrome? I might be back next season but I'm done spinning my wheels in the mud for now. Almost 50 years as a fan is losing steam.