Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 hours ago, Chachie said:

Pardon my pathetic post, please- but after last night (or really after that Clippers disaster) is there really even a need for this thread? This team is trash. Last night's game was the first game I watched since the Clippers game. I figured, "Nothing else on tv, might as well give the Wiz another chance."

GAH-BAGE. They're garbage, my friends. Believe me, I understand your frustrating dedication. I understand the love of basketball and when we have a team in our city we need to support them. I'm a Bullez-Wiz fan since 1972. I just don't know how much longer I can watch a team that loses games to clearly inferior rosters on a regular basis. Hey "upsets" happen, I get it. At what point do I stop considering games like last night's game an upset? We're trash. I've just seen too many eras of failure.

Does anyone truly believe the old "This new player will change things" or "This new coach will change things?" tropes anymore?

I already stopped posting in the Stadium with any frequency a couple years ago because it just doesn't seem relevant to bother with the hopes for our football franchise. I no longer care who we draft, who we bring in to coach, which QB might change the course for the Commanders. 2-3 game Redskin or WFT win streaks don't raise my hopes. It's becoming the same mind frame for the Wizards. Go ahead, Wiz- win 5 straight. I know you'll lose 7 straight after that or 7 of 10. 

I'm sad. I'm tired. I'm insulted. I'm soooo skeptical about all things basketball (and football) in this town. I honestly commend most of you for your dedication but I think I'm a lot older than most of you and I know this song by heart. They're garbage. They'll always be garbage.

Last night was no upset. It will happen MANY times for the rest of the season throughout what is supposed to be the easiest remaining schedule in the NBA. it will happen many times next season and the season after that. I can promise this with supreme confidence. 

What keeps you guys believing after seeing games like last night vs. Indiana? Does Kristaps Porzingis keep you believing? Does a draft pick keep you believing? Do we all just have Stockholm Syndrome? I might be back next season but I'm done spinning my wheels in the mud for now. Almost 50 years as a fan is losing steam.

They have like 5 new people in the rotation right now and lost like 4.  And this happened a week ago.  Prior to that the rotation was completely screwed up because of how much depth they had.  

I'm not sure WTF you are expecting to happen with a team who has like 1/2 of it's active roster different than it was literally a week ago and their (arguably) #1 player is out for the rest of the season.

It looks like you are the one who has unrealistic expectations and is sad when they aren't met.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

They need to get back to playing Gafford. Dude needs to develop so he is a positive when the contract extension kicks in. 

I mean, didn't have like 2-3 fouls in the first quarter last night? 

I like him and his energy, but some of his playing time issues he's bringing on himself, and I'm not convinced more playing time is the best solution considering how I started this post. 

He needs more help then that.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, didn't have like 2-3 fouls in the first quarter last night? 

I like him and his energy, but some of his playing time issues he's bringing on himself, and I'm not convinced more playing time is the best solution considering how I started this post. 

He needs more help then that.

Shep decided to pay him a sizeable contract. They need to figure out how to make it work or it becomes another bad contract the team will trade again. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Shep decided to pay him a sizeable contract. They need to figure out how to make it work or it becomes another bad contract the team will trade again. 

I agree, I'm jus not sure how to do that.

If he's getting multiple fouls early in games, more playing time alone won't fix that, you have to take him out or he'll foul out.

18 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Gafford is making 12M a year 24-26.  It’s not some albatross of a contract for a young big/rim protector.

Also, Bertans went 1-7 from 3 last night.

It's a problem if he's not playing. The Wiz have some major cap issues coming up with the Beal SM and Rui, Kuz and Deni all up in the next 2 off-seasons. To say nothing of not have any other guards besides Beal. 

Even when this team pisses me off, I try to make time for when they play the Spurs.

Having said that, Latinx Night is cringe worthy considering the backlash in the Hispanic community towards that word, and Gooden's utter silence when his cohert yelled "vamos wizards fans" was the best thing he ever said.

Stop trying so hard to be liked and jus win some damb basketball games already, jeez.

Kuzma is worth the price of admission, everyone else not so much.

Kispert, Deni, Rui are all 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench / role player material at best. Other teams find gems in the middle of the 1st round, we find average at best players like Kispert and Troy Brown Jr. 

Also Ish Smith with the game tying 3 attempt? Trash.