Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's crazy talk, Hersh, KCPs come and go, Kuzma is a matchup nightmare.

I'm not basing that on it making sense, but that KCP is boys with the assistant GM. Plus, I can see Shep wanting to stick with his draft pick in Rui. 

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not basing that on it making sense, but that KCP is boys with the assistant GM. Plus, I can see Shep wanting to stick with his draft pick in Rui. 

Nah, man, KCP costs more, Kuzma is better all around player, and thankful they are free agents at the same time so Shep can choose to pick one or the other. 

Rui still feels like a big 3 more then a true PF, Kuz can and should play PF.  KCP is like 6'5, dude, that'd be an unforced error by Shep, I'd only believe or speculate on that level of stupid if they actually did it.

I get expecting the worst with this team, but assistant GM liking someone isn't reason to resign KCP over Kuzma, and I'm not buying they can't or don't plan to keep Rui and Kuzma. Rui is on a rookie contract the year Kuz and KCP are free agents, they can and should figure that out.

Edited by Renegade7

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, man, KCP costs more, Kuzma is better all around player, and thankful they are free agents at the same time so Shep can choose to pick one or the other. 

Rui still feels like a big 3 more then a true PF, Kuz can and should play PF.  KCP is like 6'5, dude, that'd be an unforced error by Shep, I'd only believe or speculate on that level of stupid if they actually did it.

I get expecting the worst with this team, but assistant GM liking someone isn't reason to resign KCP over Kuzma, and I'm not buying they can't or don't plan to keep Rui and Kuzma. Rui is on a rookie contract the year Kuz and KCP are free agents, they can and should figure that out.

Beal is the assistant GM. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal is the assistant GM. 

Jus because the team is built around him as the star player doesn't mean he's puppet mastering us like LeBron.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying Shep picks KCP over Kuz, even jus to make Beal happy or some crazy logic like he can't figure out how to keep Rui and Kuz.

I'm not giving this my anxiety, you can if you want, I cannot.

666514016_giphy(7).gif.9d104029d93076d30870fc8d135541e4.gif

This is negative speculation of the highest order, not constructive criticism.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

666514016_giphy(7).gif.9d104029d93076d30870fc8d135541e4.gif

It doesn't bother me at all. This team can't have a high quality PG and keep Rui and Kuzma for longer than another season unless KP opts out and goes elsewhere. Which, if he has a good season, I would expect him to do. (Opt out)

Just now, Hersh said:

It doesn't bother me at all. This team can't have a high quality PG and keep Rui and Kuzma for longer than another season unless KP opts out and goes elsewhere. Which, if he has a good season, I would expect him to do. (Opt out)

Exactly, this is a nothing burger because of that.

Besides, I doubt Wall gets max to come back (still crossing fingers we make this work), we'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Exactly, this is a nothing burger because of that.

Besides, I doubt Wall gets max to come back (still crossing fingers we make this work), we'll be fine.

No way Wall gets that. As far as KP goes, one never knows. If he plays 65 games, he could opt out looking for more guaranteed money over the years. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

No way Wall gets that.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

As far as KP goes, one never knows. If he plays 65 games, he could opt out looking for more guaranteed money over the years. 

I really don't care if KP resigns with us, the point of getting him was to get out of those abomination contracts for Betrans and Dinwiddie. 

Playing with house money now, I single year with Wall throwing ally opps to him and getting out those contracts is far as I need or could ever wanted out of that one, he wants to get more money elsewhere let him, Gafford has already been paid to be the starting center anyway (why I totally believe we have no intent on resigning KP).