Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

FOH, Harrell has more basketball IQ, leadership, heart & testicular fortitude than any of these soft ass big men we've had in the last 5-6 years. We shouldve kept him and did our best to resign him at the end of the season. Lets watch Gafford grimace for 10 mins anytime someone bumps him and Thomas Bryant continue to get techs for throwing immature tantrums every 5 minutes while also being injury prone. 

Watching this **** show was at least entertaining with Harrell playing his heart out and getting the entire crowd amped up. ****in hate this team....I understand the move, but it sucks.......

You gotta ask yourself, why every locker room he's in decides he needs to get the hell out. Despite his production, Clippers wanted him out, Lakers wanted him out, now the Wiz wanted him out.  Every spot had reports of him not vibing with the rest of the locker room. I dont know, maybe it's him.  🤔

• Thumb up 1

I hate that we're giving Bradly Beal all these LeBron James like privileges. Because he doesnt deserve those privileges, nor does he deserve to be a Max player.... I hope that while Beal is rehabbing from his lil convenient "surgery" he just happen to have (sorry, I feel like he's bull****ting us, I need to see x-rays or something) right after his meeting with the front office days before the trade deadline. Beal needs to be reminded that he is not a kid with John Wall anymore. Man up, be a leader. Go do some soul searching...go to a mountain and meditate with Ray Lewis, or something. Figure out how to at least resemble a leader. Cut this tea party out and stop being so overly casual on the court. Have fun, but you dont need to be smiling and cracking jokes all game. I dont see none of that from the young greats like Giannis Antetokoumpo, Devin Booker, Ja Morant, Trae Young, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, etc. Them boys are on demon time on the court. Joking with the opponents best players while we're getting our asses handed to us. Tatum kicked his ass (AGAIN) and dropped 50 points on him. Beal was talkin to him all game smiling. Meantime, Tatum didnt crack a smile until he came off the bench just to score his 50th point. Have fun, but when its game time, lock in.

This dude Beal is still overly casual while handling the ball, has numerous stupid turnovers each game. He's NOT clutch. Kuzma has made more game winning shots in half a season, than Beal has made in his career (at least that how it seems).  Anyway, I hope he gets it together, because we stuck with him for the foreseeable future.......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Destino said:

It’s a huge win for the locker room.  While Porzingas is often injured, we traded nothing to get him.  We traded players we’d have cut weeks ago if that was an option.  All that being said, I’m hesitant to give Tommy much credit because it’s a arsonist firefighter situation.  All he did here is improve a bad situation he created.  

Still need a point guard.  I like Ish off the bench, but as a starter?  We’ve seen that movie already.  

He didn't just improve the bad situation, he completely escaped from it scot-free.  It's more like the arsonist who gets away with it and then comes up with a scam to crowdfund a much better house than he had before.  He turned a bunch of expirings and bad contracts into a lottery ticket without giving up a single piece of long term value and got a second round pick for his trouble.  I'm stunned.

Beal + Deni + Kispert + Rui + Kristaps + Gafford + lotto pick looks kind of decent for next season.  I can talk myself into that.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He didn't just improve the bad situation, he completely escaped from it scot-free.  It's more like the arsonist who gets away with it and then comes up with a scam to crowdfund a much better house than he had before.  He turned a bunch of expirings and bad contracts into a lottery ticket without giving up a single piece of long term value and got a second round pick for his trouble.  I'm stunned.

Beal + Deni + Kispert + Rui + Kristaps + Gafford + lotto pick looks kind of decent for next season.  I can talk myself into that.

You looking to move Kuzma?

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

That's an expensive, oft-injured lottery ticket. 

25 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I like him, but they probably should be looking for a trade next year.

hard to do unless you’re extremely high on Rui.  Given his absence this year, I’m guessing the front office is not.  He needed to take a leap forward this year and it’s been a step back.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Idgaf what anybody says Tommy Sheppard has made some of the most unbelievable trades I’ve ever seen in moving John Wall’s contract & then moving Westbrook’s contract & now Dinwiddie & Bertans contract for Porzingis.  If you’re not in awe of those moves you’re just a hater!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Commander -JB- said:

Idgaf what anybody says Tommy Sheppard has made some of the most unbelievable trades I’ve ever seen in moving John Wall’s contract & then moving Westbrook’s contract & now Dinwiddie & Bertans contract for Porzingis.  If you’re not in awe of those moves you’re just a hater!

It was never Shep’s intention to trade Wall. That only happened after the gang sign video and Houston was trying to trade Westbrook. Then LA/LeBron set up the second trade. But yeah, let’s pretend it was Shep being shrewd AF and not just lucky af. I mean, this is only the same guy that was prepared to extend Scott Brooks.

48 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It was never Shep’s intention to trade Wall. That only happened after the gang sign video and Houston was trying to trade Westbrook. Then LA/LeBron set up the second trade. But yeah, let’s pretend it was Shep being shrewd AF and not just lucky af. I mean, this is only the same guy that was prepared to extend Scott Brooks.

I don’t care what you say!  That is 3 fleece deals in a row!  It hasn’t won us **** but got us up from some terrible terrible contracts & added some young talent like Kuzma.  This organization is in MUCH better shape because of moves he has made going forward.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Kuz is the best leader on this team. He might be too expensive to keep if he keeps playing well. 

He’s on a really good contract for the next two years (13 per).  He’ll be 29 then and KP will be coming off the books.  I wouldn’t do anything with him until then unless you are completely blown away.  They’re getting great production relative to his salary.  

With KP, Gafford, Kuz, Rui, and Deni, the roster is still weighted to the bigs. They still have to solve the PG spot.  

A lot of people here have said rest KP and tank.  I look at differently.  Play KP, run the offense through him, increase his value, and see if you can move him this offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

It’s pretty easy to argue that the organization would be in better shape if that had just kept Wall this entire time.  

I disagree.  Walls knees are cooked.  Westbrook was an easier contract to deal and it landed us Kuzma, who right now is more valuable than Wall (as an asset).  Hell, Porzingas is more valuable than Wall (asset, again).  I will always be a fan of John but his contract combined with his health was a nightmare.  Especially since the entire offense had to be built around him for him.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

I disagree.  Walls knees are cooked.  Westbrook was an easier contract to deal and it landed us Kuzma, who right now is more valuable than Wall (as an asset).  Hell, Porzingas is more valuable than Wall (asset, again).  I will always be a fan of John but his contract combined with his health was a nightmare.  Especially since the entire offense had to be built around him for him.  

Live look at Porzingis’ knees.

7F29E911-5928-466B-A7D0-2AE1DEC27EE6.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1