Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sticking to my word for sanity sake of boycotting tonight's game.

Having said that, as a fan, I still checked the score on my phone...

danny-devito-no.gif

I'm not watching anymore games but I did check the halftime score. 😂😂.........😑

It’s either the locker room or the coach but this team isn’t focused on winning.  Tommy needs to make a trade, and soon.  Writing this off as a few bad games would be a huge mistake by the GM.  

Im starting to think WUJ’s offense is ****, and instead of adjusting it he’s waiting for the players to fall in love with it.  That rarely works in the nba.  Second highest scoring player in the league last season suddenly can’t score.  Dinwiddie suddenly can’t score, either.  Team full of veterans can’t even over come simple zone defenses or inbound the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s either the locker room or the coach but this team isn’t focused on winning.  Tommy needs to make a trade, and soon.  Writing this off as a few bad games would be a huge mistake by the GM.  

Im starting to think WUJ’s offense is ****, and instead of adjusting it he’s waiting for the players to fall in love with it.  That rarely works in the nba.  Second highest scoring player in the league last season suddenly can’t score.  Dinwiddie suddenly can’t score, either.  Team full of veterans can’t even over come simple zone defenses or inbound the ball.

I don't think it's an either or situation. The locker room sucks and the head coach has also completely lost the locker room. Din quote below and not playing Gafford at all, plus announcing that the team will only be playing two centers going forward...Total dysfunction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

That quote is bad news.  I had such high hopes we’d have a fun season, but they all hate each other don’t they?  

It certainly seems like all the vets don't like each other but I'd guess Kuz and the younger crew probably get along fine. Remember when Westbrook told Beal to get out? I know it's a lot of knew players but maybe he understood the culture sucked. 

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It certainly seems like all the vets don't like each other but I'd guess Kuz and the younger crew probably get along fine. Remember when Westbrook told Beal to get out? I know it's a lot of knew players but maybe he understood the culture sucked. 

The hope was that would change with Ernie being replaced.  Seems like the problems remain.  

At least players didn’t show up fat this season, that was a constant with Ernie.  I guess that’s something. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

The hope was that would change with Ernie being replaced.  Seems like the problems remain.  

At least players didn’t show up fat this season, that was a constant with Ernie.  I guess that’s something. 

The video of Din's comments is even worse than it comes across in print. 

I do think things have actually gotten worse since after the Clips game. To have a player say that and to bench Gaff, who this team committed $40 mill to a couple months ago, makes it seem like there is no bottom for this franchise. 

This team is a trainwreck disaster. While we know of friendships on the team, we also know of enmity (Harrell/KCP, Bertans/Avdija etc). Tommy caused this by going in with the level of depth they had.

It’s frustrating but let’s keep hoping this season falls off the rails. Makes it more likely they sell off some vets at the deadline, Beal in the offseason and get a top 5 pick

On 1/30/2022 at 12:21 AM, Hersh said:

The video of Din's comments is even worse than it comes across in print. 

I do think things have actually gotten worse since after the Clips game. To have a player say that and to bench Gaff, who this team committed $40 mill to a couple months ago, makes it seem like there is no bottom for this franchise. 

Honestly, I think the Gafford move is all about showcasing Harrell for a trade.

How can we as normal fans see a player sucks from miles away, and so called expert front office people can't?  I knew Dinwiddie was trash in August when we acquired him.

Trade everybody is the only approach that will turn this franchise around.  A joke of a team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

At this point I’m onboard with the rebuild, but I’d feel a lot more comfortable about a full rebuild if Tommy was the first one fired.  He made quite the mess of things.  

Has he really?

I'm not a cheerleader for Tommy but some of the issues with this team are beyond his control:

It's not Tommy's fault we have multiple guys shooting way under their career 3pt percentage.

Also not Tommy's fault that apparently, Dinwiddie's teammates dislike him...

38 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Has he really?

I'm not a cheerleader for Tommy but some of the issues with this team are beyond his control:

It's not Tommy's fault we have multiple guys shooting way under their career 3pt percentage.

Setting aside player evaluation for a second and building the roster, I think the biggest problem is everyone in the locker room knows Beal is the assistant GM. AND that is Shep's fault entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Has he really?

Locker room is a public mess, the on the court product is a disaster, and the new head coach isn’t impressing anyone.  Tommy needs to pull a rabbit of of his hat before the trade deadline.