Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So slightly late on this but I'm reading that PSG have paid £40M for David Luiz.

How much???

I actually like Luiz as a defensive midfield player (he's a liability as a centre half IMO). But £40M........That's a ridiculous amount for him IMO.

• Like 1

What does occasional furniture do when it's not being occasional?

Hail.

For me it's sitting in my basement until the next occasion I need it.

Occasional furniture means it is complementary to your main furniture and acts more like an accessory. A side table for example.

Your welcome.

Well, it appears I've gotten this wrong as well. :lol:

So slightly late on this but I'm reading that PSG have paid £40M for David Luiz.

How much???

I actually like Luiz as a defensive midfield player (he's a liability as a centre half IMO). But £40M........That's a ridiculous amount for him IMO.

They want names, maybe?

We wonder how clubs like Chelsea get so much money and here is exhibit A.  They find the over-zealous Championship side that has a Premiership complex.  And then they sell a player for nearly three times what they're worth.  

As a total aside, it appears I went to bed last night just before Ivory Coast put two in goal.

We won't talk about that other one, but I thought our guys played well enough for a pat on the back.  Just lacked finishing.

• Like 1

Anyone else surprised by the Fabregas to Chelsea move?

I keep thinking this has a lot to do with Barça's troubles with the penalties they got hit with.

I'm surprised in that I don't think he's a good fit for the system Chelsea play. He's not a holding midfielder and I don't think he's a number 10 either. I will allow though that Jose knows a lot more about football than me ......

I'm surprised in that I don't think he's a good fit for the system Chelsea play. He's not a holding midfielder and I don't think he's a number 10 either. I will allow though that Jose knows a lot more about football than me ......

My son is not happy, he's big into Barça right now, and Fabregas is one of his faves. I keep telling him that these transfers happen all the time, but he doesn't like it at all. I figured there would be some higher level transfers given Barça's penalties, but I didn't expect Fabregas to go. Apparently though Arsenal didn't want him back, so that was surprising too.

My son is not happy, he's big into Barça right now, and Fabregas is one of his faves. I keep telling him that these transfers happen all the time, but he doesn't like it at all. I figured there would be some higher level transfers given Barça's penalties, but I didn't expect Fabregas to go. Apparently though Arsenal didn't want him back, so that was surprising too.

Honestly, Arsenal doesn't really have much room for him. Ramsey is really good, and while Cesc is better then Wilshire, I can understand them sticking with him rather than paying the money for Cesc.

• Like 1

Anyone else surprised by the Fabregas to Chelsea move?

I keep thinking this has a lot to do with Barça's troubles with the penalties they got hit with.

Very. With the embargo still hanging over them I don't see the logic of letting a good aged, top bracket talent go. Gutted for Cesc being a Catalonian. In an ideal World he'd of been at his club for the rest of his life.

That said, moving to Chelsea screams one thing. Money. From a playing standpoint, it's a head scratcher. From a financial standpoint, he's hit pay dirt and then some again.

Real surprised Areenal turned down their first refusal option too. Not buying this assertion that he wouldn't of slotted straight back into that side. He was key component for Wenger before and nothings changed in the way Areenal play. Him and Ramsey in the middle would be a frightening prospect. Plus Cesc is such a fan favourite in North London the club would of made the vast majority of the investment back in merchandising alone.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

In non-world cup news, Leeds have just announced their new manager...Dave Hockaday who got the sack at Forest Green last season. Nothing surprises me with this club anymore.

I know I'm not the most educated of footy fans, but I like to think I'm somewhat knowledgeable.  So excuse me when I say this, but, who the **** is Forest Green?

• Like 1

Wow, what a burn!  I know about Accrington Stanley because they're near Blackburn.  And if they're in the League I will probably at least have name recognition to go from.

Ok, watched the vid, but I don't get the joke...why is the kid excited about playing for a team no one knows?

I know I'm not the most educated of footy fans, but I like to think I'm somewhat knowledgeable.  So excuse me when I say this, but, who the **** is Forest Green?

Great question. Footballing giants of the Conference Premier. A division lower than the mighty Accrington Stanley...

The fixtures are out. I need some time to digest it, but I don't have any problems with the schedule.

Perfect!

As I was coming in to remind everyone that there's glory round the fields of Anfield road...

GHH,

21 March vs Man U.... I just FEEL like that's the place to be.

• Like 1

Very. With the embargo still hanging over them I don't see the logic of letting a good aged, top bracket talent go. Gutted for Cesc being a Catalonian. In an ideal World he'd of been at his club for the rest of his life.

That said, moving to Chelsea screams one thing. Money. From a playing standpoint, it's a head scratcher. From a financial standpoint, he's hit pay dirt and then some again.

Real surprised Areenal turned down their first refusal option too. Not buying this assertion that he wouldn't of slotted straight back into that side. He was key component for Wenger before and nothings changed in the way Areenal play. Him and Ramsey in the middle would be a frightening prospect. Plus Cesc is such a fan favourite in North London the club would of made the vast majority of the investment back in merchandising alone.

Hail.

Barca fans hated Cesc. I feel bad for him, but in foresight and hindsight, it was a bad move. There was no room for him when he came and every where they played him, seemed forced. So he ruined a promising career at Arsenal with that move, boyhood dreams didn't pan out, now one of the most insightful atttacking midfielders in the world is going to play for a man who sucks the joy out of football. 

I don't buy the reasoning either. I heard talk that Wenger didn't want to block Wilshere's development. 

But Arsenal have a lot of needs before Cesc came on the market: RB, holding mid to transition Arteta out, a striker.

On the contrary, the campaign got derailed by injuries in midfield and we're bringing back theo off a major injury, Wilshere and Ramsey are injury prone, Rosicky is aging, Ozil is soft, Cazorla is 29. It would've made a lot of sense.

Plus Wenger always brags that there's this enormous warchest just waiting for the right players to buy. I don't know how you can get more right than Cesc. Whatever.

In Wenger we Rust.

• Like 1

Ok, watched the vid, but I don't get the joke...why is the kid excited about playing for a team no one knows?

Opposite.  He said if he doesn't drink his milk he'll play for a team that no one is heard of.  So then the boys are fighting over the milk so neither has to play for Accrington Stanley.