Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

holy ****. still stuck on some "golden generation" because some journo used it in the title. 

Once again, not talking about some fan boy ****. Talking about how a small country got heads out of asses to create some soccer players. 

I even edited the term out of my OP, so we can stop talking about it because it's not about that. Rui Costa was a good player. Hazard and his cohorts are good players, certainly enough to be bought by the biggest clubs in Europe. 

Apart from that Mingolet fella' .....

You are SUCH a hater.  When we win a Euro next year and he saves a pen to make it happen have this book marked.

So there!

holy ****. still stuck on some "golden generation" because some journo used it in the title. 

You know, this is also Mexico's "golden generation" as well.  FWIW.

• Like 1

Once again, not talking about some fan boy ****. Talking about how a small country got heads out of asses to create some soccer players.

I even edited the term out of my OP, so we can stop talking about it because it's not about that. Rui Costa was a good player. Hazard and his cohorts are good players, certainly enough to be bought by the biggest clubs in Europe.

Next time include a disclaimer if you post something and have rules concerning what is and what is not an acceptable response. That would however somewhat defeat the purpose of a message board. On the bright side you did help me remember what a fantastic player Paulo Sousa was.

You are SUCH a hater.  When we win a Euro next year and he saves a pen to make it happen have this book marked.

So there!

You know me lil' bro. 

Confirmed (by the seriously delusional) Redskins hater/ Orakpo/ Shanahan agenderist (new word?); United obsessed agitator and all round miserable ****er who hates positivity so I figured WTF, let's go the full hog with those underachieving red dicks too. 

And it's MR Hater to you kidda'! I was the first and I'll ALWAYS be the best!  :D

So there!

Hail. 

• Like 1

They also reached the Euro semi finals twice and at their twilight went to a World Cup semi final.

Im well aware of that, but they were called a Golden Generation in 1991. Well before they reached any of those heights later in their careers.

Apart from that Mingolet fella' .....

It's funny, I know a good few Belgians (top lads) who come over regularly for matches and they all speak better Scouse than me basically because their first introduction to English was coming over to Liverpool. 

Hail.

oh dont worry, that fraud is not starting.
  • Like 1

Im well aware of that, but they were called a Golden Generation in 1991. Well before they reached any of those heights later in their careers.

oh dont worry, that fraud is not starting.

It was the Portuguese media I believe that coined that term in the first place after they won a couple of youth tourneys.

Milan sack Seedorf/ promote Inzaghi.

Berlusconni is a frigging ****!

Hail.

He just wants me to have a good time in Charlotte two months from last Monday.

which is what I said in a prior post.

Yes, but it wasn't official until a Manc said it.

• Like 2

Watching the Donal McIntyre documentary "Hooligan". Very entertaining and informative. Sean Bean is an awesome narrator too.

That the one from a good few years back he jibbed in with the Chelsea lads? Cup Winners Cup final and all that? Can't remember if it was good or not TBH.

FWIW, the only realistic hooli film I've seen is Gary Oldman in 'The Firm.'

Hail.

That the one from a good few years back he jibbed in with the Chelsea lads? Cup Winners Cup final and all that? Can't remember if it was good or not TBH.

FWIW, the only realistic hooli film I've seen is Gary Oldman in 'The Firm.'

Hail.

You mean you didn't buy Frodo and Jax as leaders of the West Ham firm?

• Like 1

If that Croatia match wasn't bought and paid for by Brasil I don't know what is. :lol:

This is a great start to this Word Cup.  Unfinished stadiums, lights going out in the middle of games, and what might have been the worst penalty call I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Just finished watching HIllsborough. Would highly recommend.

Appalling what happened when police statements were altered and the truth was hidden for so long.

I had seen a documentary on it before, most likely one posted by Gibbs Hog Heaven, but my family watched the 30 for 30 episode on Hillsborough last night too. So many failures prior to the tragedy, so many during, and then the false narrative that Liverpool fans were the cause because of drunkeness, and then such a long time before the "official" story was rectified, but still no justice for the 96.

If that Croatia match wasn't bought and paid for by Brasil I don't know what is. :lol:

This is a great start to this Word Cup. Unfinished stadiums, lights going out in the middle of games, and what might have been the worst penalty call I've ever seen.

No kidding, pre-game riots and protests, then some gamesmanship on the pitch that just fuels the criticism of the sport.

One good thing though, is that I'm reading mixed reports that the US has been unofficially told to get ready to host 2022 if it is stripped from Qatar...that means I'll get to watch my son play for the US Mens National Team at home!!!

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 3

No kidding, pre-game riots and protests, then some gamesmanship on the pitch that just fuels the criticism of the sport.

One good thing though, is that I'm reading mixed reports that the US has been unofficially told to get ready to host 2022 if it is stripped from Qatar...that means I'll get to watch my son play for the US Mens National Team at home!!!

America! :D

How cool would that be?

• Like 1

Spain vs the Dutch today is the best group stage match for me other than Germany vs Portugal.

Per Mertesacker vs Ronaldo will just be so much fun to watch.

Netherlands will most likely be playing w/ 3 CBs, 2 wing backs, and 2 defensive mids. I'll be curious to see how that pans out for LVG and if it neutralizes Spain's midfield prowess a bit. Hard for me to say that it will considering the only noteworthy defensive player on their squad is Ron Vlaar.

Here's a pic of my son after his first conditioning practice with the high school team.

"Dad, they're a lot faster...and they shoot harder and from farther out...."

LoL he got his eyes opened, but he stopped shots from some of the best players on the team during the mixed scrimmage (Varsity and JV teams playing together) one of the players he stopped was even a college player who plays for a local leading university in soccer. The scrimmage ended 3-4 with my son being the winning keeper.

But open his eyes are! LoL!

14225502349_f270ce6893_b.jpg

• Like 4

Netherlands will most likely be playing w/ 3 CBs, 2 wing backs, and 2 defensive mids. I'll be curious to see how that pans out for LVG and if it neutralizes Spain's midfield prowess a bit. Hard for me to say that it will considering the only noteworthy defensive player on their squad is Ron Vlaar.

I think the best way to play against tiki taka is to attack.  That wouldn't surprise me in the last if they show up to park the bus and get a point though.

I saw that too. It's a good signing for them. They obviously don't care about the money or FFP, so why not sign him...

Sorry I don't like him at all, they overpaid for an average player just like PSG with Luiz.

Sorry I don't like him at all, they overpaid for an average player just like PSG with Luiz.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I think he will end up being cover for Zabeletta or whatever superstar they end up overpaying for. He will be a high priced substitute, nothing more...But they don't care.