Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

he left on a free, unless you're talking wages.

Yes. He will be on high wages and I can't imagine him being a starter for them. That seems like a waste of money to me…Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that the wage bill is one of the main factors in FFP.

Anyone else surprised by the Fabregas to Chelsea move?

I keep thinking this has a lot to do with Barça's troubles with the penalties they got hit with.

Its a little bit of their financial issues, but mostly because he just doesnt fit in with Barcelona. HE doesnt fit in how they play. A lot of non La Liga watchers dont get it, but he is way too direct and undisciplined for their style of play.

Very. With the embargo still hanging over them I don't see the logic of letting a good aged, top bracket talent go. Gutted for Cesc being a Catalonian. In an ideal World he'd of been at his club for the rest of his life.

he isnt that good for Barcelona. He didnt fit at all. I dont feel bad at all for him. He made his bed.

Real surprised Areenal turned down their first refusal option too. Not buying this assertion that he wouldn't of slotted straight back into that side. He was key component for Wenger before and nothings changed in the way Areenal play. Him and Ramsey in the middle would be a frightening prospect. Plus Cesc is such a fan favourite in North London the club would of made the vast majority of the investment back in merchandising alone.

Hail.

Aaron Ramsey>> Cesc Fabregas.

Aaron needs to be given freedom, and not holding Fabregas' hand as he does what he wants.

I'm surprised in that I don't think he's a good fit for the system Chelsea play. He's not a holding midfielder and I don't think he's a number 10 either. I will allow though that Jose knows a lot more about football than me ......

yeah, im curious how Mourinho will make it work too. He is a souped up Mata. Great deal in that he cost less than they sold Mata, but they will have the same problems incorporating him.

Not as crazy as Milan if they cash in.

Mario's been fantastic at the San Siro and is a Milan fan through and through.

****ing Berlusconni.

Hail.

they dont have money and arent in Europe at all.

Not as crazy as Milan if they cash in.

Mario's been fantastic at the San Siro and is a Milan fan through and through.

****ing Berlusconni.

Hail.

It's supposed to be a €34 millions transfer fee with a €220 000/week salary.

Balorelli has always been a (granted talented) nut case everywhere he's been, among those guys who keep on getting burned and never learn.

1 Mario Kart : at City he wrecked a brand new Audi R8 on his first drive.

2 Mario Stupido: Invited on a tv show while at Inter he shows up with an AC Milan jersey.

3 Super Mario: Mario does not support injustice. By signing autographs at City training facility center, Mario comes across a boy and gives him "? You're not in school" Youngster says he no longer goes to college because he has problems with other students. Mario pushed the brat in his Maserati and drove him pronto to college. There, he asked to see the manager and asked to see the bullies and get them to apologize, and promptly eclipsed !

4 Backdraft Mario: He and friends started a firework in his bathroom, he burned down the second floor of his house

5 Mario Darts: When Mario is bored, Mario tries to find distracting occupations. And him throw darts at children is part of this category. Installed in the window of his room on the first floor of the training center in Manchester City, Mario decides to take the training center youngsters as moving targets. It is still more fun than throwing at a cork target on a wall....

Edited by FrFan

None of those stories happened at AC Milan tho.

That was not the point, he's an helpless headcase who keeps on hurting his talent.

Talking about Milan, they signed him on Jan 29th 2013 for 4 years and after just one year they are ready to trade him !

Balorelli has always been a (granted talented) nut case everywhere he's been

those are your words. So you cant say its now what you meant when you typed it and then someone says it isnt true.

Talking about Milan, they signed him on Jan 29th 2013 for 4 years and after just one year they are ready to trade him !

they are selling him because they cant afford his salary. Milan is not in Europe and been cutting wages for 4 years.

they dont have money and arent in Europe at all.

I know the reasons why. I just don't agree with selling yet another prizes asset. And a hungry young one at that they should be building around.

Milan are never gona' turn this back around by selling the top players year-on-year and rebuilding with cheaper, substandard youth.

It's a vicious circle and the President needs to bite the bullet and give Coach and players time to improve.

Hail.

those are your words. So you cant say its now what you meant when you typed it and then someone says it isnt true.

they are selling him because they cant afford his salary. Milan is not in Europe and been cutting wages for 4 years.

Sure, I believe despite his talent he is not worth the headaches, you may think otherwise.

Don't you think they knew their financial situation when they signed him just a year ago ?

I bet jerseys sales + commercials helped paying his €22 millions transfer fee.

It is believed that Berlusconi and Inzaghi want to get rid of the headcases such as him and Mexes, their target : Mandzukic worth €15 to 20 millions

Milan are never gona' turn this back around by selling the top players year-on-year and rebuilding with cheaper, substandard youth.

It's a vicious circle and the President needs to bite the bullet and give Coach and players time to improve.

Hail.

its what they've done for about 5 years. No reason to change it. Serie A doesnt have the money anymore.

Sure, I believe despite his talent he is not worth the headaches, you may think otherwise.

Don't you think they knew their financial situation when they signed him just a year ago ?

a year ago they were in Champions League, this year they are not in Europe at all. Why are you not understanding this?

Im not sure he is a problem child anymore. If anything, I think he needs to live up to his talent. Off the pitch, he getting married and seems to have settled down.

It is believed that Berlusconi and Inzaghi want to get rid of the headcases such as him and Mexes, their target : Mandzukic worth €15 to 20 millions

nah, they just dont have money unless you think Thiago Silva and ZLatan were problems in 2012?

I'm not talking 2012, and Silva is a diva by the way absolutely not worth his paycheck. That was a brilliant move from Berlusconi and a dumb one by the Qataris who also let Ancelotti go, we all know what happened.

I'm not talking 2012, and Silva is a diva by the way absolutely not worth his paycheck. That was a brilliant move from Berlusconi and a dumb one by the Qataris who also let Ancelotti go, we all know what happened.

my bad, I didnt know your views on these things were skewered.

According to Phil Thomo, Alexi Sanchez from Barca is a done deal. Hoping to heck he's right a that would be a great top quality addition.

Utd splash £ 60 million on Herera from At. Madrid and the vastly over priced Luke Shaw. (£ 30 million fee agreed.).

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Breaking news that Lallana is on his way up to have a medical and talk terms. £ 25 million fee agreed.

My ambivalence towards our dealings continues. Although Alexis Sanchez could change all that .....

Hail.

*Edit* Sky are now saying 5 year deal agreed. £ 25 mill subject to medical.

Ridiculous.

Breaking news that Lallana is on his way up to have a medical and talk terms. £ 25 million fee agreed.

My ambivalence towards our dealings continues. Although Alexis Sanchez could change all that .....

Hail.

Ridiculous.

Any word on Shakiri?

According to Phil Thomo, Alexi Sanchez from Barca is a done deal. Hoping to heck he's right a that would be a great top quality addition.

Utd splash £ 60 million on Herera from At. Madrid and the vastly over priced Luke Shaw. (£ 30 million fee agreed.).

Hail.

That's a lot of money being thrown around.  I think a move like Shaw's is bad business on both sides.  Shaw could use a couple more years of seasoning and he'd get that with Southampton.  Same way Phil Jones did with Blackburn.  It make sense I get it, strike while the iron is hot, but making that jump before you're ready can derail a career.  Jones was a beast for Blackburn and he's looked pedestrian since joining United.

• Like 1

Hail.

Ridiculous.

Just went on Bleacher and said it was a 30 million dollar pound deal. While it's a lot for an unproven 18 year old, I actually understand why they paid him this much. Also Rio is gone and Vidic is done too I think.

Just went on Bleacher and said it was a 30 million dollar pound deal. While it's a lot for an unproven 18 year old, I actually understand why they paid him this much. Also Rio is gone and Vidic is done too I think.

I actually like Luke Shaw a lot. He had a great season for Southampton last year and there's talented potential to develop.

But that's all it is. Potential that at 18 may of stalled and gone nowhere by 20/ 21. To gamble £ 30 million on such raw potential and inexperience beggars belief and shows just how desperate the Glaziers are to return to Europes top table with all it's riches. As OB noted above, Shaw would of been FAR better served gaining that experience at Soutjampton rather than being behind Evra at United.

The 'premium' that goes on English players just because of the home grown quota rule is absolutely scandalous. Southampton have now made nigh on £ 60 million on three players not worth half that in reality. An 18 year old with ONE season under his belt. A tidy but nothing special midfielder. And a 32 year old forward who's the only value for money of the three.

As baffled as you are in United paying that for Shaw; trust me when I say I'm REAL disappointed in Liverpool paying £ 25 million for an average 26 year old who's no different to what we already have.

Hail.

Reading a lot about Barca thinking they're getting Suarez on the cheap.

Apparently Rodgers just gave the thumbs up but not for less than 80 mil.

Should be a fun dance, hopefully it's done by the time LFC visit Charlotte.  That gives us a ton of time to spend it.

Reading a lot about Barca thinking they're getting Suarez on the cheap.

Apparently Rodgers just gave the thumbs up but not for less than 80 mil.

Should be a fun dance, hopefully it's done by the time LFC visit Charlotte. That gives us a ton of time to spend it.

There's media outlets here saying Barca are already negotiating.

Main one seems to be £ 50 million plus Alexis Sanchez, with Rodgers then set for Bendica winger Lazar Markovic. (20 year old Serb.).

I'd like more cash but all things considered I'd take something like that.

Hail.

Hail.

Ridiculous.

Have faith. Brendan has earned it. He thinks Lallana will excel in his system, he has been more right than wrong. Plus, that means I don't have to see Joe Allen out there in important games. Yes, I realize the irony of those two sentences combined, Allen has been BR's only high priced mistake. Everyone else were speculative buys and loans.

...with Rodgers then set for Bendica winger Lazar Markovic. (20 year old Serb.).

I saw reports linking him to Liverpool, but do not know much about him. Any insights?

Any word on Shakiri?

I'm sure his fee just doubled after the hat trick...

I'm sure his fee just doubled after the hat trick...

BR needs to just trust my tweets early enough in the process to make these moves.

We wouldn't have gone through that Victor Moses debacle at the very least.