Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On the Luke Shaw/Lallana disgruntlement, it's a completely fruitless discussion IMO. Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United will always have to pay obnoxiously unfair premiums on young English talent, and with the quota rule they don't have a choice. The only thing we can do is hope for more Wayne Rooneys/Jordan Hendersons than Andy Carrols or Ashley Youngs. It's like diving in that it sucks and we could do without it but it's always going to be part of the game. Also the clubs that depend on their youth system for survival will always churn out the Luke Shaws and Ross Barkleys of the world, and the clubs with money will always buy them. It's the circle of like.

Edited by LVSkinz

Reading between the lines, I'm getting the impression Samchez prefers London now it's just straight cash for Luis.

Hail.

Italian papers are reporting a BPL  club is buying out Balotelli....

Word on the street is it's us or Arsenal.  So you may be right... not sure I digs Super Mario, though.  He doesn't really compliment Sturridge.

Italian papers are reporting a BPL  club is buying out Balotelli....

Word on the street is it's us or Arsenal.  So you may be right... not sure I digs Super Mario, though.  He doesn't really compliment Sturridge.

I don't think they would replace a troubled but talented striker with a lesser troubled and less talented striker

Rule of thumb is, if you hear about an Arsenal transfer, it's probably not happening.

Conversly, if you hear about a Liverpool transfer, he's either going to Arsenal or Chelsea.  Typically it's Chelsea if you hear something about Tot'num putting in a last minute bid to raise the price 10 million or so.

I don't think they would replace a troubled but talented striker with a lesser troubled and less talented striker

He is probably a back up plan.  My brother is normally pretty good at reading the tea leaves with Liverpool... he thinks Mario is the back-up plan in case we don't get Sanchez and cash.  He thinks if we don't get Sanchez and cash from Barca we sit on Luis.

I don't know, though.  We'll see...  that's a lot of money to sit on.

I think BR can handle the personality of Mario, but I don't know that the rest of the team would deal with him and I don't think he compliments Sturridge.  Sturridge is very selfish in the final 3rd and so is Mario.  That won't work.  Suarez was at least brilliant with interplay as well as getting the ball in the onion bag.

Conversly, if you hear about a Liverpool transfer, he's either going to Arsenal or Chelsea.  Typically it's Chelsea if you hear something about Tot'num putting in a last minute bid to raise the price 10 million or so.

He is probably a back up plan.  My brother is normally pretty good at reading the tea leaves with Liverpool... he thinks Mario is the back-up plan in case we don't get Sanchez and cash.  He thinks if we don't get Sanchez and cash from Barca we sit on Luis.

I don't know, though.  We'll see...  that's a lot of money to sit on.

I think BR can handle the personality of Mario, but I don't know that the rest of the team would deal with him and I don't think he compliments Sturridge.  Sturridge is very selfish in the final 3rd and so is Mario.  That won't work.  Suarez was at least brilliant with interplay as well as getting the ball in the onion bag.

I don't think so. I would see BR going in a different direction. I think it will be a player on the wing. The play of Sturridge and Suarez forced Brendan to play two strikers instead of a 4-3-3. I see them going after Di Maria (rumor is he is available so Real can go after Rodriguez). If they wanted to play with two upfront, I think it would be someone to play behind the striker (Cavanni would be my dream transfer) and not another center forward.

Italian papers are reporting a BPL club is buying out Balotelli....

Word on the street is it's us or Arsenal. So you may be right... not sure I digs Super Mario, though. He doesn't really compliment Sturridge.

Sanchez (or Shaquiri. Yeah, finally listening to the younger but not as good looking one :) ), and Mario as inside forwards either side of Sturridge would be a deveseating front three. And if one manager is PERFECT for Balotelli it is BR. He'll put the preventable arm around him and make him feel like he's the key to it all. Throw in Sterling and Coutinho and our 'you score 7, we'll score 8!' philosophy will be even more potent than last year! With Lambert a different option off the bench if needed.

Honestly, I'd LOVE Mario. He's not had a hint of trouble at Milan and has really grown up the last few years. All he's done for the Rossonieri is score goals.

World class talent replacing World class talent.

GET IT DONE!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I don't think so. I would see BR going in a different direction. I think it will be a player on the wing. The play of Sturridge and Suarez forced Brendan to play two strikers instead of a 4-3-3. I see them going after Di Maria (rumor is he is available so Real can go after Rodriguez). If they wanted to play with two upfront, I think it would be someone to play behind the striker (Cavanni would be my dream transfer) and not another center forward.

Looking at a couple of wingers already.  We need another finisher or two.

Has anyone heard anything on Borini?  Haven't heard if he's staying up north or coming down or what.

Sanchez (or Shaquiri. Yeah, finally listening to the younger but not as good looking one :) ), and Mario as inside forwards either side of Sturridge would be a deveseating front three. And if one manager is PERFECT for Balotelli it is BR. He'll put the preventable arm around him and make him feel like he's the key to it all. Throw in Sterling and Coutinho and our 'you score 7, we'll score 8!' philosophy will be even more potent than last year! With Lambert a different option off the bench if needed.

Honestly, I'd LOVE Mario. He's not had a hint of trouble at Milan and has really grown up the last few years. All he's done for the Rossonieri is score goals.

World class talent replacing World class talent.

GET IT DONE!

Hail.

Well, one thing is for certain, you know how to put a brother at ease with a big move like this.

As an aside, how good have those balls in from Shaqiri been this tourney?  His finishing needs some shine, but as you say, you get a guy who can put it in with his head in there with Sturridge to clean up and play off the volley (and who is also not bad with his head) and you have Shaqiri putting those types of balls in?

Man.... I can't wait another month and a half.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything on Borini? Haven't heard if he's staying up north or coming down or what.....

His agent said earlier this week that there's been no contact from anyone and that Fabio really wants to stay at Anfield.

Make of that what you will and it's probably just lip service from an agent who can't help be the centre of attention; but it would be great if true. If Borini's happy being third/ fourth choice that would be a major bonus. NO club can carry three or more top class strikers in today's game. They want to play. And Sturridge plus Balotelli or whomever is going to be the top 2. Lambert is just made up to be at the football club regardless and offers a different, more direct option. (Still not wholly enamoured by that move but it's next to nothing in reality and another Scouser in the group, and a red one at that, NEVER goes a miss); so if Fabio can add all the better. He improved leaps and bounds with a full seasons PL experience under his belt last year. Poyet (who I love and think is a great potential Coach in the making. A real players Coach yer know? But I digress) is DESPERATE to have him again. If Fabio wanted to go down to guaranteed first team footie, all power to him. I'm all for players with ambition and would wish him all the best. But if he's content to stay and be a part to the rebirth of the biggest club on the planet, bonus. A lot of talk that the young Belgium kid is on his way and will be loaned back to Lille for the year too.

And yeah, you was right about Shaqiri and have an awesome eye for talent and I shall never doubt you again. (****ER ALWAYS has to have the praise that one!).

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Looking at a couple of wingers already.  We need another finisher or two.

Has anyone heard anything on Borini?  Haven't heard if he's staying up north or coming down or what.

Well, one thing is for certain, you know how to put a brother at ease with a big move like this.

As an aside, how good have those balls in from Shaqiri been this tourney?  His finishing needs some shine, but as you say, you get a guy who can put it in with his head in there with Sturridge to clean up and play off the volley (and who is also not bad with his head) and you have Shaqiri putting those types of balls in?

Man.... I can't wait another month and a half.

With the tournament he has had and the age of Ribery and Robben, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern Munich haven't changed their minds about Shaquiri's availability. At the very least, he just got a whole lot more expensive. I don't think he ends up in Anfield this August...

• Like 1

a quck scan of The Guardian website yields that Arsenal is linked to: Balotelli, Mandzukic, Remy, Khedira, Sanchez, Lenihan, and not Balotelli. I haven't even scrolled down. 

Scrolling down . . . Ochoa, both Cleverly and Smalling, Angel Di Maria, Morata, 

Edited by Elessar78
  • Like 1

Eric Cantona.

How'd that support go?

Hail.

I think if you were to compare deplorable acts Roy Keane on that poor little Norwegian bloke would be better suited. Cantona just did what every football player wants to do but has the common sense not to.

This is a sad day for Barca ppl.  This makes me regret bringing them into my circle.  It was weird enough rooting against my favorite player but now doing it to root for a scumbag who has no respect for himself or anyone else.

What were you doing rooting for Barca or tan judas in the first place?