Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Super Bowl or USA World Cup Victory?!?!

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I see your point there, but think about it. How invested are you into US World Cup Soccer? How invested are you to the Washington Redskins? If you said the Skins winning the Super Bowl would mean more, wouldn't them losing it hurt more? I love watching the World Cup, but that's about as far as my soccer fandom goes. But for me to see the Skins get to the Super Bowl only to lose, would suck big time.

I agree mostly. But Olympic hockey is Olympic hockey. About five nations care. The World Cup is the biggest sporting event on the planet. A whole different beast. Almost nobody in America cares about hockey yet we still talk about 1980. Even if people would not care about it eventually, it would be one of those moments that the nation would come and celebrate together. In the end it would never be actually forgotten. Fifty years from now would you really not be desperate to tell your grandchildren you saw the U.S. pull off the biggest upset in sports history (and that's what it would be, don't care what some would say about 1980)?

Anyway, the only way to settle this is for both to happen in the next year and then I'll compare my emotions after both. :cheers:

But in the end I'm a Skins fan first, and everything else fan second.

I agree mostly. But Olympic hockey is Olympic hockey. About five nations care. The World Cup is the biggest sporting event on the planet. A whole different beast. Almost nobody in America cares about hockey yet we still talk about 1980. Even if people would not care about it eventually, it would be one of those moments that the nation would come and celebrate together. In the end it would never be actually forgotten. Fifty years from now would you really not be desperate to tell your grandchildren you saw the U.S. pull off the biggest upset in sports history (and that's what it would be, don't care what some would say about 1980)?

Anyway, the only way to settle this is for both to happen in the next year and then I'll compare my emotions after both. :cheers:

But in the end I'm a Skins fan first, and everything else fan second.

No doubt that if the US won the World Cup it would be huge and it would be awesome to say that I saw it, but I wait year-in and year-out for the Redskins to win a Super Bowl. I was 5 years old the last time it happened so I'd love to experience it now. But I guess we'll have to experience both like you said to see which would mean more. But right now, I'd say the Skins would mean more. But here's to hoping we get to see both in the near future!

So you want the Redskins to win in order to make other people miserable?

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

and come on there's international soccer fans everywhere around here.

I'm sure we all know at least some.

Know some soccer fans?. Umm not really. I can't think of single person who has watched any of the WC games in the building I work in. Many do look up who won latter though (ie me for one).

If you reverse the question in a way however and ask, if they both made the championship game, whose loss would hurt more, it'd be the U.S. without question.

Ok how about this question. If the World Cup final with the US was showing at the same time as the a Redskins Super Bowl which would you watch?

Please don't get me wrong, it would be great to win the WC.

However, if the Redskins had been playing a playoff game at 10 AM today, I would not have been at work. I would have to be watching it somewhere. It would be the only thing on my mind.

Sure, I had the U.S. game up on espn.com this morning watching the gamecast. I was interested to see the outcome, and I was pulling for the US. I was disappointed as time was winding down, but I wasn't as low as I am watching even a regular season Redskins game when the Redskins are losing. I think that it is great that the U.S. won today's game, but I'm not as happy now as I am a few hours after a Redskins W. So I know that I wouldn't be as happy after a WC championship as I would be a SB championship for the Redskins. I'm just not as passionate about a soccer game as I am about football. I guess it is just an American thing.

Ok how about this question. If the World Cup final with the US was showing at the same time as the a Redskins Super Bowl which would you watch?
Super Bowl; P-I-P the World Cup (P-I-P FTW!).

No clue....I'd probably go back and forth, lol.

Or watch the Redskins and record the world cup.

Anyway, they can't be on at the same time so it doesn't matter.

:D

Know some soccer fans?. Umm not really. I can't think of single person who has watched any of the WC games in the building I work in. Many do look up who one latter though (ie me for one).

Ok, Bob Ryan on PTI said his entire office was watching so does that even it at 1-1?

I love this soccer thing, but really I'm a Redskins fan first.

BTW I'm really glad that this is a public poll, at least now we know who the real 'Skins fans are.

So am I also not a real Capitals/Wizards/Nationals fan because I'd rather see the Redskins win the SB than any of them win their championship?

(keeping in mind that I changed my mind and would rather see a Skins SB win)

Archived