Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Super Bowl or USA World Cup Victory?!?!

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I will ALWAYS be a bigger Redskins fan than any other team. But the World Cup is every 4 years and the SB can be won annually. Eventually the Redskins will win again. There's nothing to say the U.S. will ever win the World Cup.

Either would be great though.

A World Cup win would be a nationwide PARTY for a week.

I voted World Cup but either is really my answer. I might actually go with Redskins because I've never seen this town when the Skins are legitimately good.

I just care more about the country than the Redskins.

Pretty much.

People will forget about a Redskins SB victory by the time the next season starts.

People will have to remember that the USA won the WC for the next 4 years. Thats bragging rights over the entire WORLD for 4 years

Insulting. :)

I love the Redskins and have cried after losses.

I just care more about the country than the Redskins or myself for that matter.

What does the WC have to do with caring about the country? I'm sure we'd all be exited but lets face it you could say the same about the world curling championship (in other words soccer really doesn't matter to the US in relation to the Superbowl).

Winning the World cup would be Epic just because we don't even care about soccer.

But getting another Superbowl and being able to rub it in the faces of the other NFC east fans is just pure bliss. Especially eagle and cowboy fans.

There is just something about seeing an eagle fan cry that makes my soul happy.

What does the WC have to do with caring about the country? I'm sure we'd all be exited but lets face it you could say the same about the world curling championship (in other words soccer really doesn't matter to the US in relation to the Superbowl).

Terrible analogy. The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the World. That's what separates it from say Olympic Hockey.

To put this into perspective, ESPN has already changed its cover story on espn.com from the World Cup to John Wall.

I can rattle off at least 6 or 7 sporting victories I would rank over a U.S. World Cup title. It would be nice, and I would watch most games. But a Superbowl championship for the skins?? That is #1 in my book.

The difference is that a Superbowl victory helps Redskins fans.

A US World Cup victory could have all sorts of international effects for our entire country.

(not to mention how awesome it would be for a much wider group of people)

I'm not bashing anyone for picking the Redskins Superbowl victory though.

(unlike what has been said about the reverse.)

I'm not even going to go into Curling because it's a silly comparison.

The difference is that a Superbowl victory helps Redskins fans.

A US World Cup victory could have all sorts of international effects for our entire country.

(not to mention how awesome it would be for a much wider group of people)

I'm not bashing anyone for picking the Redskins Superbowl victory though.

(unlike what has been said about the reverse.)

This.

Terrible analogy. The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the World. That's what separates it from say Olympic Hockey.

Gotta disagree the biggest sporting event in the world is the next Redskins game. Always will be for me and I bet most of the posters on this board.

Gotta disagree the biggest sporting event in the world is the next Redskins game. Always will be for me and I bet most of the posters on this board.

Well I'm sorry you can't appreciate all sports. See for me I get a U.S.A. win today, Strasburg starting tonight, Wizards selecting John Wall tomorrow and hopefully Ovechkin winning MVP #3 in a row tonight.

Archived