Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Super Bowl or USA World Cup Victory?!?!

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i think the bigger question is how would it impact soccer in america if we won.

A few more kids would sign up for soccer than usual. Then within a few weeks everyone in the US would go back to not caring about soccer.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world would hate us more than they do now.

World Cup would be wonderful, don't get me wrong. But I'd say a Redskins Super Bowl victory, a Nats World Series victory, or another GMU appearance in the Final Four would mean more to me.

But a USA World Cup would be thrilling and amazing, no doubt. For me personally, it would probably be roughly on par with a Caps Stanley Cup victory.

I took the Skins because I'm a die-hard Skins fan. I've been rooting for this team since I was 5.

A World Cup win would be HUGE and do alot for soccer in this country, but I'm not a die-hard soccer fan. I'd like to see the US win one, but it wouldn't mean as much to me.

Plus if the Skins win a Super Bowl, I can rub it in all of my friends' faces who doubted over the years. I can't really do that with a WC win lol

A few more kids would sign up for soccer than usual. Then within a few weeks everyone in the US would go back to not caring about soccer.

Really?

I see a lot of jerseys on kids and other people for teams like Brazil and Argentina.

Who's to say a win won't make people respect us or like us more?

Also I think it's kind of obvious that soccer will be getting bigger and bigger here with the changing demographics.

While I am a HUGE soccer fan, am pulling for the USA, and have had every match on tv here at work- the following members deserve a permaban from Extremeskins. ;)

bdiamond, Corcaigh, Cowboy8467, eckseid, FINatic 13, gbear, mcsluggo, renaissance, sjinhan, Skinz4Life12, Sticksboi05, TheDane, VASkins540, visionary

It's weird because on HFboards, there was a thread on this same thing. Would you rather win Olympic hockey gold or the World Cup and the Canadians of all people said WC by far and Canada doesn't even know soccer let alone not care about it.

Not a big surprise. They've won enough hockey medals. Them winning the World Cup would be such a huge upset, it would immediately become their "Miracle on Ice," only without ice. The World Cup is pretty much the biggest sporting event in the world.

Not a big surprise. They've won enough hockey medals. Them winning the World Cup would be such a huge upset, it would immediately become their "Miracle on Ice," only without ice. The World Cup is pretty much the biggest sporting event in the world.

Well, we've already won 3 SB's. They've won it twice since 1952. Not that dominant. We've won the same amount of golds since then and Canada loves hockey at least as much as we love football.

Either way, in the end, I think an ideal situation is the U.S. wins this World Cup and the Skins win Superbowl 45. Then everyone would be happy.

Well, we've already won 3 SB's. They've won it twice since 1952. Not that dominant. We've won the same amount of golds since then and Canada loves hockey at least as much as we love football.

I just think they'd go with the World Cup victory because it would be such a huge upset. In no way does that mean they "like" soccer more than they like hockey.

At least the US competes in the World Cup. Does Canada ever even qualify for it? That's why it would be such a huge upset win for them.

Just think about it. The USA always gets displayed by the world as ****y arrogant jerks who do things on their own agenda and ignore the world traditions and what not. Can you imagine if the USA beats the world at its own game? I think the country would be in celebration mode. We could actually say we are better than you and we did it the world's way. We didn't just go, " we're stronger and can conquer whatever we want." No we beat the world on the field in its own game. I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see the USA stick it to the world for viewing us in such a ****ty light because we don't put as much emphasis on soccer as they do. USA is about diversity and breaking away from the pack. The fact that the USA has so many sports shows the acceptance of the USA. The world just thinks we're making sports to exclude the world and have a our "American championships". This is the chance to show them our American teams they view as weak can hang with the world's best.

I want a Super Bowl like a hell but the WC would mean a lot to the US and force the world to view us differently.

Either way, in the end, I think an ideal situation is the U.S. wins this World Cup and the Skins win Superbowl 45. Then everyone would be happy.

I can support that! :cheers:

World Cup would be wonderful, don't get me wrong. But I'd say a Redskins Super Bowl victory, a Nats World Series victory, or another GMU appearance in the Final Four would mean more to me.

But a USA World Cup would be thrilling and amazing, no doubt. For me personally, it would probably be roughly on par with a Caps Stanley Cup victory.

G-M-U KNOW! :chestram:

Seriously, (at this time) 18 people went for soccer victory? I hope they are all Cowgirl trolls because I will say that you really cannot be a Redskins fan if you voted for Soccer. Wow.:doh:

Well technically it is 17.. i felt bad for the soccer votes since this is a skins board, so i went ahead and voted for that option :ols::ols::ols:

This is exactly right, US wins the WC, 3% of the US population is happy for a week, and everything would go back to normal. The US just doesn't care about soccer. The world however, already resents us, and this would just add to it....maybe some users would rather be posting on a WC message board:whoknows:

Really?

I see a lot of jerseys on kids and other people for teams like Brazil and Argentina.

Who's to say a win won't make people respect us or like us more?

Also I think it's kind of obvious that soccer will be getting bigger and bigger here with the changing demographics.

Soccer isn't getting bigger anytime soon, regardless of what the U.S. team does. It's an old sport, if it were going to be big in this country it would have happened by now. Immigrants enjoy watching soccer, but if their kids grow up in the U.S. they're more likely to be football fans.

Archived