Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Super Bowl or USA World Cup Victory?!?!

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You lost your credibility a long time ago. If you can't understand how a real Redskins fan can vote "World Cup," then you need to put down the nintendo controller and go get an education.

Why did you throw the word "real" in front of Redskin fan in there?

How would it mean so much more to our country, when the majority of sports fans in this country don't give a crap about soccer?

Simple answer. Do you remember the USA and Russia hockey game? Hockey isn't the most popular sport in the US either but its a moment in history every American cares about. Besides when it comes down to it Americans love to see our teams beat the world. Look no farther than how many Americans were watching the US Canada hockey game in both games.

America winning the World Cup would be memory Americans would remember cuz we would have beat the world at their own game.

Yes, with the majority of its users in the United States. :D

But ALL of its users Redskins fans. I mean, if the Redskins were just coming off of a Superbowl victory, I would at least consider this, but I haven't seen a Superbowl since I was 8, so, yeah, I'm ready.

How would it mean so much more to our country, when the majority of sports fans in this country don't give a crap about soccer?

Because even just making the round of 16, this US team will be remembered for at least the next four years. If they just make it to the championship game, they'll be remembered forever. A World Cup win would be on par with the Miracle on Ice, we would be that much of an underdog. The majority of people remember the Super Bowl winners for a year, maybe two (unless you're a fan of that team, then you'll remember every win). EVERYONE will remember a WC winning team for the next 20 years.

Because even just making the round of 16, this US team will be remembered for at least the next four years. If they just make it to the championship game, they'll be remembered forever. A World Cup win would be on par with the Miracle on Ice, we would be that much of an underdog. The majority of people remember the Super Bowl winners for a year, maybe two (unless you're a fan of that team, then you'll remember every win). EVERYONE will remember a WC winning team for the next 20 years.

But as a fan of the team, couldn't you also say that you'd remember a Redskin Super Bowl for your entire lifetime?

What people need to understand is that a vote for the US is NOT a vote against the Redskins. It's a vote for the underdogs, for the Pats against the Rams, for the Giants against the Pats, for the Cardinals against the Steelers. By voting for the US, you're saying "I hope the US can do the unthinkable, the unattainable," not "I hope the Redskins don't win the Super Bowl." The odds of the US winning the WC are so much longer than the odds for the Skins winning the Super Bowl it makes for a much better feel good story, and it's something that has the possibility of uniting a country for a couple weeks.

Anybody who answered World Cup should be banned for life from ES.

:blahblah:

You know what, you're right! :jerk: If anyone expresses interest in another sport they're definitely NOT Redskins fans. How dare they say they want their country's team to be successful. The outrage! The indignancy! The horror!

Even attempting to wrap Old Glory around soccer is not going to make suck any less or make the majority forsake Redskins Superbowl victories for Glorified Summer filler.

I'm not saying it will, I'm just saying a WC win would be much more historic than a Redskins SB championship...

I did say that. The question was how would it mean more to the country though...

Of course the majority of the country would prefer a WC championship because the entire country roots for US soccer while a small minority of the country roots for the Skins.

The question though is posed to a group of Skins fans...so, I'm surprised that almost 50 would prefer a WC championship. I'll remember a Super Bowl until I die but would probably start to lose memories of a WC championship in a few years.

The question is what would YOU want to happen. Of course the country would want to see the US win and of course a US win would mean more to the country, I don't think anyone is disputing that. But as an individual, I would rather see the Redskins win a Super Bowl.

I'm definitely not saying that I don't want to see a Redskins SB championship, but the Skins have much better odds and many more chances to win a SB than the US does to win a WC. That's why I said the US. However, if it meant never winning a SB again, I would have definitely voted for the Skins.

It's weird because on HFboards, there was a thread on this same thing. Would you rather win Olympic hockey gold or the World Cup and the Canadians of all people said WC by far and Canada doesn't even know soccer let alone not care about it.

Apparently there must plenty of stupidity along with snow up there if they are willing to forsake their national sport for something they know nothing about, though I'm thinking some hackers were just doctoring the results.

Archived