Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Super Bowl or USA World Cup Victory?!?!

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Boy that's a tough one.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not a soccer fan; but...this is our country, the United States of America, on the biggest sporting stage in the world (bar none), doing something that no one thought we could do. I'm already on a patriotic high from making it out of the knockout rounds, I can't imagine how I'd feel if we won the Cup.

At the same time....I've been a Redskins fan my whole life, and I've never seen a constant winner. To see the Redskins win it all, after so many years of losing, would be...it would be the greatest day of my life (that is, if I don't get married).

Furthermore, the Redskins have the opportunity to win the Super Bowl every year. The World Cup only occurs every four year. We'd have four years to say "Hey, we, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, is the World Champion."

The Redskins would only get one before having to defend it again, and I doubt they'd win four years in a row.

Despite my undying love for the Redskins, I'll have to say the USA; because I adore this country and for us to do something like that would be incredible.

I took the Skins because I'm a die-hard Skins fan. I've been rooting for this team since I was 5.

A World Cup win would be HUGE and do alot for soccer in this country, but I'm not a die-hard soccer fan. I'd like to see the US win one, but it wouldn't mean as much to me.

Plus if the Skins win a Super Bowl, I can rub it in all of my friends' faces who doubted over the years. I can't really do that with a WC win lol

I know I can come in here or in the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys sites and brag, plus I have friends who root for those teams. If we won in socccer, I don't know who I'd brag to. I'd have to go into Pineville, NC and brag to all the Mexicans in those neighborhoods who don't even speak English. Or I could call my wife's family who root for Agentina. My wife's uncle is a die hard Argentinian.

So The Redskins > The United States of America.

Listen, I love the 'Skins more than you can imagine, but this is boarder line treason. :ols:

I don't think that is a problem. But I do think it is a bit shocking when folks say they wouldn't care if their country won though.

I know I can come in here or in the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys sites and brag, plus I have friends who root for those teams. If we won in socccer, I don't know who I'd brag to. I'd have to go into Pineville, NC and brag to all the Mexicans in those neighborhoods who don't even speak English. Or I could call my wife's family who root for Agentina. My wife's uncle is a die hard Argentinian.

Exactly. Who cares about bragging rights when there's nobody to brag to?

What are you gonna do, go on a vacation to South Korea so you can heckel randoms on the street who don't speak English? Troll Algerian soccer message boards with irritating posts in red, white, and blue font?

A Redskins SB win gives me the chance to make life hell for people I see on a daily basis.

What are you gonna do, go on a vacation to South Korea so you can heckel randoms on the street who don't speak English? Troll Algerian soccer message boards with irritating posts in red, white, and blue font?

A Redskins SB win gives me the chance to make life hell for people I see on a daily basis.

Bingo!!

I am not sherman lewis :silly:

So you want the Redskins to win in order to make other people miserable?

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

and come on there's international soccer fans everywhere around here.

I'm sure we all know at least some.

Who gives a **** about bragging?

It is the pride in your team, whatever team that is and the joy you get through the ups and downs of the process and finally the joy you get from winning it.

Exactly.

What, do some of you watch sports ONLY to make other people's lives miserable?

Tragic? Explain.

Because it would lead to more soccer discussions until say...August. Once the US is out of it I will only hear about it for a couple days after.

He's just talking out of his ass

That would likely be you, sir. You don't know me at all.

Because it would lead to more soccer discussions until say...August. Once the US is out of it I will only hear about it for a couple days after.

That would likely be you, sir. You don't know me at all.

I know you talk out your ass about dating only 10's

Thing is, I love the USA already. I won't love it any more (or less) no matter what it does in the World Cup. I'm not going to confuse my genuine patriotism for my country with winning in a soccer tournament. I'll cheer hard for the USA team, but win or lose, I will feel the same about my country.

The Redskins, however, are in my blood in a sports sense. All of my other sports interests are meaningless compared to the Redskins. So this is not a case of "not caring about America." It is a case of not caring about the results in soccer, at any level, as much as I care about the results in the NFL.

Nothing wrong with that.

Archived