Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Those Who Steal Parking Spots They Did Not Dig Out Of The Snow...

Ellis

This happened to us. A neighbor of ours did it, too. He has a smaller compact car that he parked across the street and then jacked ours when we left. I wasn't able to get my Camry into his old one so we had to park in a bank parking lot down the road a little ways, nothing too major. It was kind of funked up, though, considering it was literally across the street and it's not like he had to walk a long way. My wife was pissed.

I own my driveway, but even aside from that.. My neighbors and I work together. I have one neighbor who has a Bobcat who keeps the street clear and also takes care of our driveways, but we also get out there with shovels and together clean everyone's sidewalks, paths to the mailboxes, etc.

We work hard and no one has to worry about their cars and walkways. Not everyone does, there's two houses on the street that aren't quite up on the being neighborly thing, but we take care of them too. One house is a rental with some young 20=somethings in it, and when I showed up with my shovel to help the guy dig out his driveway, he was very pleased. The other house,, they'll figure it out. My wife made the guy who owns the bobcat a big bowl of fried rice, and everything's cool.

~Bang

I've been taking spots all week long. When I make service visits to an apt. complex and there are chairs in NON ASSIGNED spots I get out and fling the chair away, I have jobs to do and I respect assigned spots but non assigned are free for all. Then again i'm only there for 10 or 15 minz.. this is one I saw today

stupidvac.jpg

actually had this happen twice last week. first time I buried his car in with snow and then dumped alot of water on top of the snow i piled infront of it basically turning into a solid ice block. actually watched the guy break it up and shovel it for a good hour. that made me feel great.

second guy, I called the local tow company and pretended to be him, said that the car wouldn't start and was told it needed a new alternator and that I was getting a ride to work and asked that it be towed to the Toyota dealer in leesburg (which is 30 miles away). the cops came to his house, I'm sure he thought it was stolen. car was down the street th next day, closer to his house this time. don't know how he found it so quickly, but he knew better than park it in a spot he didn't clear.

If its unassinged parking then you really don't have a leg to stand on, is the world supposed to stop because it snowed? people got places to go and things to do. I shoveled out my girlfriends car knowing full well that in unassigned parking it was going to be taken. My parking spot is an assigned spot in the garage so I don't have anything to worry about. I think its funny that people get bent out of shape about street parking or unassigned parking. If you don't like it get witih your building or HOA and have them make it assigned.

actually had this happen twice last week. first time I buried his car in with snow and then dumped alot of water on top of the snow i piled infront of it basically turning into a solid ice block. actually watched the guy break it up and shovel it for a good hour. that made me feel great.

second guy, I called the local tow company and pretended to be him, said that the car wouldn't start and was told it needed a new alternator and that I was getting a ride to work and asked that it be towed to the Toyota dealer in leesburg (which is 30 miles away). the cops came to his house, I'm sure he thought it was stolen. car was down the street th next day, closer to his house this time. don't know how he found it so quickly, but he knew better than park it in a spot he didn't clear.

You know that's a felony right? I wouldn't brag on a message board about that.

:ols: totally a dickish move, but still funny to hear about.

Someone put a chair in the spot I DUG OUT when I ran up to the store (gone 10 minutes max). I put it in a spot that wasn't dug out next to a shovel I grabbed that was next to the dumpster. :)

Funny stuff.

If its unassinged parking then you really don't have a leg to stand on, is the world supposed to stop because it snowed? people got places to go and things to do. I shoveled out my girlfriends car knowing full well that in unassigned parking it was going to be taken. My parking spot is an assigned spot in the garage so I don't have anything to worry about. I think its funny that people get bent out of shape about street parking or unassigned parking. If you don't like it get witih your building or HOA and have them make it assigned.

If you are visiting, then fine, but if you live there and you are just too lazy to dig out your own spot then you deserve what you get, unassigned spot or not.

Anyone defending the dick move of stealing a shoveled spot is flat wrong. Massachusetts actually though about passing legislation to deal with this issue. This country was built on hard work, not watching your neighbor work hard and stealing their ****. Dig out your own damn space.

I did it this morning...I started a new job in Arlington in a residential area (startup business out of a buddies condo) and parked a couple blocks away in a parallel spot that had been dug out.

I felt bad about it but figured it belonged to someone who had left for work for the day. No harm done to the car.

so your the one that stole my spot:mad:

Archived