Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Those Who Steal Parking Spots They Did Not Dig Out Of The Snow...

Ellis

I have off street parking and a spot reserved in the back. Whenever snow is about to come I park in the back if my downstairs neighbor isn't there. He is the laziest person on the planet and didn't help shovel at all.

We're supposed to keep the area clean together but he didn't do a ****ing thing. I saw him come out and he made some remark about how I did a great job shoveling out paths everywhere. I told him point blank, and I'm the least confrontational person you will ever meet, that if I saw him in that parking spot that I just dug out I was going to beat his ****ing ass. He cannot use that spot until every last drop of snow has melted. Dick.

they had actually big shovel and scoop trucks out at 5am this morning.

Saw the guy push the neighbors snow right up to my car out front.. i ran outside and asked him what he thinks he's doing and he says they have to clear the streets.

"I explained i just finished the sidewalk, he said no problem" And proceded to pick it all up and drop it on the neighbors across the street" it was priceless. You can't even see the ground floor of their house.

They appear to be doing this to all the streets? 8-10' of snow on the sidewalks ???

how the heck are the kids/people supposed to walk, and its ICE chunks.. you can't shovel that.

My side is spotless: I crack up everytime i think of it..

If its unassinged parking then you really don't have a leg to stand on, is the world supposed to stop because it snowed? people got places to go and things to do. I shoveled out my girlfriends car knowing full well that in unassigned parking it was going to be taken. My parking spot is an assigned spot in the garage so I don't have anything to worry about. I think its funny that people get bent out of shape about street parking or unassigned parking. If you don't like it get witih your building or HOA and have them make it assigned.

Agreed, public spots are up for grabs.. people that get all huffy about it are funny to me. If everyone wants to alleviate the problem, shovel out more than just your car..if everyone did this there wouldnt be any ****ing and moaning over something so petty. Everyone these days is me me me. Glad i live in a house with my own driveway :P

Yea for unassigned parking, there is nothing you can do. And you do realize that every single person had to dig their car out of somewhere right? You are not the only person who shoveled a spot. Just because it wasnt there doesnt mean that person didnt shovel one out somewhere. I have assigned parking thankfully so its not an issue for me. My problem is the people parallel parked behind me are so far off the curb and crooked because of the snow and not shoveling the spot out that I can barely get out in the morning. Oh well.

On a related note, I came out of my place to find a note stuck to my car's window from the apartment complex.

One of those "we were in your home for maintenance" notices, and I'm thinking, WTF? I was home all day, nobody came in.

Then I read it and it says, "Please call the office, snow plow scraped your car."

Sure enough, there's a huge scrape on the left rear of the car.

I wonder if maybe the plow driver had enough of people taking spaces he cleared out. :silly:

Agreed, public spots are up for grabs.. people that get all huffy about it are funny to me. If everyone wants to alleviate the problem, shovel out more than just your car..if everyone did this there wouldnt be any ****ing and moaning over something so petty. Everyone these days is me me me. Glad i live in a house with my own driveway :P

Um, that is everyones point. Instead of taking a spot someone else cleaned out grab a shovel and dig yourself one. Problem solved.

Um, that is everyones point. Instead of taking a spot someone else cleaned out grab a shovel and dig yourself one. Problem solved.

Well I hope you take a shovel everywhere you go and dig out a fresh parking spot because otherwise you are parking in someone elses hard work!

dog poo under the door handle should do the trick

LMFAO!

I did that to two stuck up ****es in high school. I then watched them come out to their car after school, and simultaneously lift their car door handles, smell their hands, and start screaming. It was one of the most hilarious things I've witnessed.

:point2sky

Some vaseline under the windshield wipers works wonders as well.

I don't park anywhere that someone had to take a shovel and dig out a spot thank you very much. I am not a dick.

So if you go to visit anyone in a neighborhood, where do you park? If anyone came to my neighborhood, they would either have to park way out on the main street or in a spot someone else shoveled. Most of our spots are assigned so the other spots are extremely limited. And even out on the street, most of the spots had to be shoveled because cars were stuck there when it snowed.

dog poo under the door handle should do the trick

I just finished reading this thread and this is by far the most creative solution. :applause:

I have a driveway now, but I do have experience (plenty) with this issue. Take it from this M*******, we have a pretty good system. Why is it good? Not because it is morally superior or even all that practical, but because it is extremely predictable.

Rules:

• You put a marker in a spot, you keep it, no questions asked
  • You move a marker and take the spot, you deal with the consequences, no questions asked

Consequences:

• They should be as malicious as possible without major damage to the car
  • Creativity and a certain **** you spirit are widely admired
  • Clever is always better
  • Blunt force is for the simple-minded
  • Major destruction is not acceptable and, though it will not lead to police involvement in most cases, will result in escalation

Unless you are willing to take a chance, or are in a neighborhood of stuffed shirts who aren't likely to send their butlers out to exact revenge, you just don't move a marker. You look around for an open spot. Simple as that.

So if you go to visit anyone in a neighborhood, where do you park? If anyone came to my neighborhood, they would either have to park way out on the main street or in a spot someone else shoveled. Most of our spots are assigned so the other spots are extremely limited. And even out on the street, most of the spots had to be shoveled because cars were stuck there when it snowed.

If you have visitors then I suggest you get out a shovel and clear one of the unassigned spots for them.

Archived