Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

This season proves more than anything that team chemistry is way more important than star power.

When you look at the squad we have assembled there is just no way in hell that we should 7-15. We have too much talent. Hell, the second team off the bench for the wizards should be able to compete in the NBA.

But this team has no chemistry. It is all a bunch of individuals trying to do their own thing. Im not sure where to go from here cause I really thought we had the makings of a great team. Maybe they need to work through this but right now it appears that we have royally ****ed up. The thing is I dont know what we could have done this offseason to improve this situation. I thought we did the right thing in getting foye and miller and shipping off deadwood.

O well, hopefuly they turn it aruond. Good thing about the East is that you can make it in the playoffs without a decent record. Hopefully this team peaks at the right time.

Just terrible rotations. Why the **** Stevenson is getting PT over Nick Young is mind boggling. Team was starting to take shape with Young being the primary SG but Flip is really screwing the pooch. We can't have any rhythm because the coach has no ****ing clue what he's doing. If Flip would just pick a damn top 8 rotation and just stick to it every god damn game, maybe just maybe we'll be able to build some chemistry.

Just terrible rotations. Why the **** Stevenson is getting PT over Nick Young is mind boggling. Team was starting to take shape with Young being the primary SG but Flip is really screwing the pooch. We can't have any rhythm because the coach has no ****ing clue what he's doing. If Flip would just pick a damn top 8 rotation and just stick to it every god damn game, maybe just maybe we'll be able to build some chemistry.

It's funny, when he was doing his basic introductory interviews with the press right after he was hired one the things he really emphasised was that he would go with the an 8 man rotation (top 8) night in and night out. I'm hoping that he's still just getting a feel for the roster and trying to figure out what exactly he has on his hands. I'm hoping...

It's funny, when he was doing his basic introductory interviews with the press right after he was hired one the things he really emphasised was that he would go with the an 8 man rotation (top 8) night in and night out. I'm hoping that he's still just getting a feel for the roster and trying to figure out what exactly he has on his hands. I'm hoping...

As much as I'd like to think that, I think it's beyond the point of "feeling out a roster". It doesn't take a quarter of the season to figure out that DeShawn Stevenson is one of the worst players in the league, Nick Young is the best SG on the roster and Blatche should be cutting into Butler's minutes.

Flip has a new rotation every game. There is no second unit at all. He'll play Haywood for 19 straight minutes without realizing that this man is 7 feet and 260 pounds. Brendan played 42 minutes last night! Kaman was just dominating him by the end of the game because he was gassed. His rotations stunk so much that he was forced to throw out Brickshawn and McGuire on the court together. What an offensive disaster that was.

He needs to pick his eight guys, I don't care who and just play them night in and night out. If the ship sinks with them, fine. But this constant juggling of minutes is really starting to piss me off.

I'd recommend taking a Wizard break for about 10-15 games. If they haven't made any progress by then, we can all stop wasting our time in the winter/spring. Their window for real success was 2 years ago and it may have closed on this particular squad for good.

Arenas is a bum.

Isn't looking like a bum tonight. I really can't wait to see all the bandwagon Gil fans try to hop back on once he starts lightin' it up again.

Gil and Antawn playing well on the offensive side of the ball so far and we are making free throws.

Kings are shooting 65% from the field after one...they will cool off in the 2nd quarter. I expect us to have at least a 10 point lead going into the half.

I'd recommend taking a Wizard break for about 10-15 games. If they haven't made any progress by then, we can all stop wasting our time in the winter/spring. Their window for real success was 2 years ago and it may have closed on this particular squad for good.

you go ahead and do that fair-weather....I'm stickin' with the team through the thick and the thin.

That play that just happened exeplifies our whole season. Tie game, Gilbert makes a great hustle play and blocks the shot. Gets the rebound, goes down court and dishes off to Butler who misses a shot. Jamison gets the rebound and is WIDE OPEN underneath the hoop. He blows a point blank layup. Kings come back down and hit a 3.

Now we crumble.

*edit* For the first time in my life, I saw 5 white players on the court at the same time. Evey player for the Kings was white(Uldrich, Omar Edizzi or whatever his name is, Nocioni, and two others). Amazing.

Archived