Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

I agree with you there champ. Are we specifically talking about Gilbert Arenas, Butler and Jamison in these trade talks?!

Definitely Butler and Jamison. Gilbert...I don't know. I love him as much as anyone else but I think if this doesn't get turned around we need to really think about how far he can actually take us. With his contract I'm not even sure he's really tradeable anyway.

Definitely Butler and Jamison. Gilbert...I don't know. I love him as much as anyone else but I think if this doesn't get turned around we need to really think about how far he can actually take us. With his contract I'm not even sure he's really tradeable anyway.

Now hold on, Curse. They haven't even played together yet. I'm feeling the pain like you but we have some healing and some gelling to do before we start asking the big questions. You have been one of the most calming influences at WE through this bad start. Don't go psycho-GM on me yet. :)

Now hold on, Curse. They haven't even played together yet. I'm feeling the pain like you but we have some healing and some gelling to do before we start asking the big questions. You have been one of the most calming influences at WE through this bad start. Don't go psycho-GM on me yet. :)

Lol, na. In my original post of this convo I basically said the same thing that you just said. I'm speaking hypothetically on what to do if we are below .500 at the trade deadline and show no signs of improving. I'm disappointed this year (especially with tonights loss) but I'm still holding out hope and not even close to hitting the panic button yet.

Lol, na. In my original post of this convo I basically said the same thing that you just said. I'm speaking hypothetically on what to do if we are below .500 at the trade deadline and show no signs of improving. I'm disappointed this year (especially with tonights loss) but I'm still holding out hope and not even close to hitting the panic button yet.

We are not who we thought we were. We are starting out being who everyone else thought we would be. It's frustrating because I know you, for one- are smacking your lips for a deep playoff run. I am too. This town needs it with the way the Redskins are going and we deserve it for the injuries we've already dealt with. I just hope we're not having this conversation in January. :(

Was watching Blackhawks game and they had the score of the Wizards game on the ticker and it was like Pacers R. Hibbert 18 points

Good job Roy

He'd have been a good draft pick and I wanted him. Can't remember if he was there for us or not but I think he went one pick ahead. I could easily be wrong.

I'm correct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft

We took Javale McGee with the next pick and I can honestly say I like him better than anyone after him except Courtney Lee and he's a guard anyway, which we don't need.

I didn't see any of the game tonight, but I saw this loss coming. The Pacers are just as good as us, if not better. There is something missing from this team from the 3 games that I've seen. When we crushed the Nets I saw some great chemistry. But in the other games we were just slow. Took bad shots, didn't move the ball, didn't hustle on defense...signs of an average team. I am afraid we might be exactly that. But we need to give it time as some have said. I still have hope, we have the pieces to be competitive in the East.

I agree that if we are .500 or lower at the trade deadline then trading one of the big 3, preferrably Jamison or Arenas, would be prudent. I want an athletic 3 who can shoot it and slash to the lane or a sharpshooting 2. A beast of a PF who can post up in the lane and score would be nice too. That's our major need.

He'd have been a good draft pick and I wanted him. Can't remember if he was there for us or not but I think he went one pick ahead. I could easily be wrong.

I'm correct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft

We took Javale McGee with the next pick and I can honestly say I like him better than anyone after him except Courtney Lee and he's a guard anyway, which we don't need.

I'm pretty sure that Roy would have been the pick if both him and McGee were there. Abe has a thing for local guys and I remember Ernie hinting as much immediately after that draft. It is what it is. I thought Roy was too slow and not athletic enough to be a real factor in the league. Looks like I was wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Roy would have been the pick if both him and McGee were there. Abe has a thing for local guys and I remember Ernie hinting as much immediately after that draft. It is what it is. I thought Roy was too slow and not athletic enough to be a real factor in the league. Looks like I was wrong.

Yeah, it hurts when you have eggs thrown in your face sometimes.

I admit I only wanted him because he was from Gtown and he was big. I didn't know if he'd turn out to be solid.

• 2 weeks later...

so I'm not much of a basketball person, but wanted to share a lil story with you guys.

At the gym tonight and they had on the Wiz/Cav game. Of course I know how much you all love the Wizards, so I'm paying attention and what not. Then one of the guys who works at the gym starts chatting w/ me about how much he loves Lebron, "he's my man!". I let him know how much DC hates him..blah blah. Guy says, "yeah cuz he kicks their ass all the time like tonight." I go to the sauna about the start of 4th qtr when Wizards are only down by a couple. 20 min later, and 3 min left in game I see that Wizards are now up by nearly 20 pts.

Guy walks over to where I'm at and I start laughing, asking what happened, and how cool it is for Wizards. He starts going on and on about bad officiating, the bad calls against Lebron, how tired they are from the road trip..yadda yadda.

Anyway, good game Wizards and even though I'm not big into basketball, I've started to follow a lil bit via ES and was nice to laugh in this dumbasses face.

Guy walks over to where I'm at and I start laughing, asking what happened, and how cool it is for Wizards. He starts going on and on about bad officiating, the bad calls against Lebron, how tired they are from the road trip..yadda yadda.

Lebaby syndrome spreads to his fans. Any foul not called in his favor is a bad call. Good to see the big girl hit with a T late in the game before he faked an injury to earn some sympathy.

Archived