Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

WTF was that???

Haha WOAH. Not a good play. Great job DeBrick and we played a poor game overall. I'm not pleased with Miller's injury but believe that we are still working on our team chemistry and think that is responsible for our sloppy play this season.

Haha. Are you referring to Lindsay Lohan? Don't really get the joke, but I'll laugh anyway because Debrick is horrible.

Free throws all game were an issue. That's the second game in a row we've sucked from the charity stripe. Actually, looking at the stats we were 22-28, which is adequate. Still...gotta make those. Turnovers also hurt, especially the first quarter.

Yeah, I meant Lindsay Lohan. Remember the whole story about him offering to pay 10k for "Lindsay Lohan" on Myspace, posting pictures of him holding his black card.

"Lindsay Lohan"/White Girl being a common euphemism for cocaine.

The ball needs to be taken out of Arenas' hand when the game is on the line. I've had my filler of last second heroics concerning him if he's going to play wreckless ball no matter if he's trying to draw contact.

Stevenson is a ******* bum and always has been. No wonder Ernie wanted that scrub off the team but he couldn't fool anyone like he did The Lakers.

So disappointed in this team right now and the refs made it no better with the ****** calls again tonight!

Every night before I go to sleep I pray to God that when I wake up Deshawn Stevenson will no longer be a Wizard. And every morning when I wake up I wonder what horrible sin I committed for God not to answer my prayers. I genuinely hate that piece of ****. And it's not just that he sucks. He's also a tool. A giant tool. The biggest tool in the history of tools. A combination of Damon Jones, Freddie Mitchell, and Lil Wayne. I can't believe I ever liked the guy. Also, his "great" defense is the biggest con in the history of bull****. He's either not fast enough or not strong enough (depending on the opponent) to be a lockdown defender. DWade runs circles around him and Lebron makes him his *****, for example.

Anyway, I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Patience. Flip has to change the entire culture here. And we have to get Jamison back and see what how that works. Plus I think we win tonight if Miller doesn't get hurt. That being said, when the trade deadline comes and if we're not any better than .500 and show no signs of improvement, I'm definitely not opposed to dumping Caron or AJ or whoever else. In fact I'm all for it. This is it. If we don't do something this year I'm officially tired of this group. Blow this **** up.

Every night before I go to sleep I pray to God that when I wake up Deshawn Stevenson will no longer be a Wizard. And every morning when I wake up I wonder what horrible sin I committed for God not to answer my prayers. I genuinely hate that piece of ****. And it's not just that he sucks. He's also a tool. A giant tool. The biggest tool in the history of tools. A combination of Damon Jones, Freddie Mitchell, and Lil Wayne. I can't believe I ever liked the guy. Also, his "great" defense is the biggest con in the history of bull****. He's either not fast enough or not strong enough (depending on the opponent) to be a lockdown defender. DWade runs circles around him and Lebron makes him his *****, for example.

Anyway, I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Patience. Flip has to change the entire culture here. And we have to get Jamison back and see what how that works. Plus I think we win tonight if Miller doesn't get hurt. That being said, when the trade deadline comes and if we're not any better than .500 and show no signs of improvement, I'm definitely not opposed to dumping Caron or AJ or whoever else. In fact I'm all for it. This is it. If we don't do something this year I'm officially tired of this group. Blow this **** up.

Well for Flip to change the culture of this group, it's going to be real difficult. You have three guards that have never seen a shot they didn't like (Arenas, Foye, Stevenson), and two of them are supposed point guards. This team will never consistently win until they acquire a pass-first, run-the-offense point guard. And until then, the Wizards winning percentage will be the same as Gilbert's shooting percentage, 39.1%.

Tonight, Arenas and Foye combined for 11-33 on fg's and only 4 assists. Fail.

I agree with you there champ. Are we specifically talking about Gilbert Arenas, Butler and Jamison in these trade talks?!

Why did the NBA resign these REFs? I've never seen so many horrible/no calls in my life.

They're all old men. They can't see. Most of them are mired in prior controversy.

The league didn't have much success with the replacement refs either. Larry Brown was unhappy with them in preseason and paid a hefty fine. The point is refereeing will always be bad in basketball and most sports, regardless of whether young or old officiate. Officials should be ashamed of themselves. The terms "official / referee / umpire" have become dirty words, because in each respective sport they do a miserable job. And I don't care that it's "hard", some of these are basic decisions and these dumbarses can't even get it right.

Anyway, I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Patience. Flip has to change the entire culture here. And we have to get Jamison back and see what how that works. Plus I think we win tonight if Miller doesn't get hurt.
Great post as usual.

Gil is back injury wise but he's not back mentally. He was slowing our offense down so badly in the first quarter and of course he jacked up some ill-advised shots all game long. Agree with earlier comments that Caron does NOT look comfortable in our offense yet and obviously we are missing Jamison's contribution on the offensive end.

Great post as usual.

Gil is back injury wise but he's not back mentally. He was slowing our offense down so badly in the first quarter and of course he jacked up some ill-advised shots all game long. Agree with earlier comments that Caron does NOT look comfortable in our offense yet and obviously we are missing Jamison's contribution on the offensive end.

I never realized exactly how much the Miller effect meant to this team until I saw Stephenson out there on the floor.

Did it appear to anyone of a "Saunders wanting to yank Gil from the point" at any moment during the game?!

Archived