Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Sigh. Here we go. Final cuts time. That time where fans who watched a favorite player in college,(possibly their alma mater),someone who caught their eye at sometime or another during this intro to the 2014 season,or maybe showed some flash in like,2-3 plays,will now inform everyone what a mistake the Redskins made in cutting the player. Just you wait,some other team will pick them up and....... ;)  Oh and of course,when cutting a draft pick from this year or last,the obligatory "Redskins Suck at the draft." Or something like that,(especially if the poster liked the player cut). 

• Like 3

Can we all agree that if you're a poster who claims to be a Skins fan, but you ONLY post in threads where you can BASH a particular Redskins player, YOU'RE A ******* TROLL.

Move to another board, no one wants to hear your constant yammering about how terrible player X is and how we should let Y replace him....over, and over, and over, and over, etc. on and on....

I was watching GB vs Seattle.

Anyone else think about the meltdown this board would have had last night watching what Aaron Rodgers did?

3rd and ~3, last first quarter. Scrambling left, no one in front of him, a sure first down, and at the last moment decides to heave the ball well over the WRs head out of bounds.

The announcer was like, he had the first down, why didn't he just slide?

It was pretty funny. The game happens damn fast, and he was probably fearing his life more than being aware of the LOS.

I'm just meh to start the season. Maybe I'll be more excited tomorrow.

I want the Redskins to do well this season but I won't be surprised if they fall flat. I won't be too terribly upset if they do either. I empathize with the mods who will be on clean up duty all weekend.

We should start a pool on how many members get banned before Monday, lol

Hearing John F-in' Feinstein do his CBS Sports Minute today made me wanna puke.

"Washington's NFL football team..."

If you don't wanna talk about the Redskins, DON'T.

HTTR!

Good grief, how ridiculous.  In 2nd grade kids are taught about HOMONYMS.

Guess the "journalists" at CBS didn't make it that far in school.

Edited by RedskinsInFebruary

If we don't completely blow Houston out in every facet of the game, I may have to quit the internets until after the season.

Why would you expect a 3-13 team to blow anyone out?

I'm just meh to start the season. Maybe I'll be more excited tomorrow.

I want the Redskins to do well this season but I won't be surprised if they fall flat. I won't be too terribly upset if they do either. I empathize with the mods who will be on clean up duty all weekend.

Fantasy football helps me get through the lean years. I'm excited for our season to start, but I have learned to go into a new season with low expectations. That makes anything good we do a positive. Hail! Edited by Bubble Screen

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for a quick random HAIL so we kick the Vagiants' asses!

Here's to Eli having at least 3 picks. Scoring on one immediately would be soooo swwwweeeeetttt.

A blocked kick at some point, a score on that would be a bonus. (a heavy prayer, the man said so...lol)

And here's to hoping our o-line can keep Capt. Kirk upright, and that our D can tackle without causing penalties/injuries.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes I think this thread should get more use than it does.  Instead of starting a new thread that has no value, put it in here.

My thought of the day that has no value is Joe Philbin seems happy that he is getting Dion Jordan back.  However, prior to this week the Dolphins have seemed like they are not happy with their 2013 pick.  This is just based off of what I have read and have no concrete evidence to back up that they are unhappy.

What would it take to get him here and would he be worth it?  I know he is a bit tall for an every down LB position, but I think a LB/DE hybrid could be great for him.  He is fast enough to stick with TEs and can get after the quarterback.  I think he could stay on the field quite a bit with the proper use.  

Next, do we have the coordinator to use him properly?  Probably not, but we should next offseason.  I think he could be a suitable compliment to Murphy and Kerrigan.   

• 1 month later...

During the "season's over" period, where all that most teams are playing for is pride and worse draft position, I never cheer for the Skins to lose...but I do cheer for other teams, that have worse records than the Skins have, to win.  Of course, that is, unless they're playing the Skins, then I cheer for the Skins to win.

So, for this week, GO Titans, Panthers, Jets, Bucs, Jags, Raiders, and Redskins!

I figure, most of the time, the Skins aren't going to win anyway, so some of these teams can jump back in the draft and let the Skins move up.

Edited by jflow78

• 3 months later...

so like here's a "random" thought.

The Redskins and compensatory picks.....we never get any. We are far too active in signing free agents to ever get any. Even in a year like this one, where the biggest money contract we signed - 4 milly for pot roast - where we lost Rakpo we still won't get any compensatory picks. It really pisses me off that teams like the Ravens actually exist out there who every year get multiple free picks while we get none because that should be this team. I get pissed because I am jealous

Bmore is right up 95 and are our neighbors but Snyder can't ever seem to to get the "how and the why" the Ravens gets multiple extra picks every year and the Skins get none. What Bmore does, and the Packers do well is draft. They pick players who will play for them. Giving them ammunition like these free picks plays right into their hands and why they are extremely successful. They draft well, they scout great, they stick to a system and they show every year they are a next man up franchise. The Packers today have ONE, just one player who ever played on another team besides the Packers. Can you honestly imagine that one day that be said about us?

The name of the game, is called coaching. We don't develop anything here. We just plug and play some other teams player hoping that we get it right but never do. We did it again this year. While we are making splashes in free agency, Bmore is not. The Packers are not. They are letting guys leave because they do know how to coach and they know how to develop rookies to play in this league and those they develop who play well stay there and guys we have like that like Roy Helu leave us. We should get something for Helu but we won't because we signed Pot Roast and those other guys. Bmore and Packers just kick back and get more free picks and most importantly they turn those picks into quality football players.

When Griffin/Cousins which ever leaves next year do not be the least bit surprised when the Redskins don't get even a 7th round compensatory pick for them. It won't happen. We never get those picks because we are active in free agency. The key to compensatory picks is not to take another teams player. Re-signing your own guys who are free agents like Bmore did with Forsett doesn't hurt them for those compensatory picks. I would love to look at this team sometime in the future where getting compensatory picks becomes our own business model. That path to success in today's league is mastering the compensatory system

One last time....

Draft, Develop, Stay Away from other teams Free Agents, Re-sign guys you develop and let go those players you can replace, Get free draft picks, Repeat.

Draft, Develop, Stay Away from other teams Free Agents, Re-sign guys you develop and let go those players you can replace, Get free draft picks, Repeat.

It's one of the most misunderstood keys to winning in the league today but why you can see Bmore a play or a call away from another Championship game when they only have 5 players left from there superbowl team from 3 years ago.

Edited by TexasSkinsFan