Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I'm happy I'm not a famous athlete. People are so critical of attire. I'd be showing up with sleeveless shirts, with punk bands on them, ****ty dirty jeans, flip flop. All the fashion nancys on here would be flipping ****.

Bare ass leather chaps and platforms.

I mean with todays style in the world of pro sports, its only a matter of time anyways....

• 2 weeks later...

Thot this might be interesting

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/senator-heidi-heitkamp-native-american-nickname-hypocrite/

heitkampsiouxcollage.jpg

Last week North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp signed on with 50 other Senate Democrats to a letter urging NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to force a name change for the Washington Redskins.

It was a strongly-worded letter, calling the “Redskins” moniker a “racial slur” and suggesting that the team and the NFL are on the “wrong side of history” when they support it.

But North Dakota has had its own very high-profile battle over a Native American nickname. A group of students, some of them from the University of North Dakota, wore t-shirts bearing the term “Siouxper Drunk” to a City of Grand Forks event and re-ignited the battle over that institutions now-retired nickname. A group of activists protested on campus before the holiday demanding that the nickname, which they equate with racism, be formally denounced by the university and support for it banished from campus.

Bare ass leather chaps and platforms.

I mean with todays style in the world of pro sports, its only a matter of time anyways....

I'd dress like this everyday:

warriorv2.jpg

That is, unless I wasn't very good and I wanted people to over estimate my talent.  Then I'd dress like this:

edf491403c00c31f58f20cbfd7c98d1d.jpg

• Like 1

I want to see us go 4 WR sets and POUND the rock with Almo.

Talk about frustrating for the defense.  Just when you think you can stop it, Rob pulls the PA out the backside and hits a WR deep because the safeties had to come up to load the box.

/daydream

That is all.

I want to see us go 4 WR sets and POUND the rock with Almo.

Talk about frustrating for the defense.  Just when you think you can stop it, Rob pulls the PA out the backside and hits a WR deep because the safeties had to come up to load the box.

/daydream

That is all.

My husband is on his way back into town, thanks for the ideas. :o

Lol! I sure hope you meant that the way I took it... 'cause that's awesome :)

I tried to bob & weave through the defense of e-mails to no avail. (And apparently, we're in the Super Bowl, because the chalkboard kept getting more cluttered...) I did my best Cooley imitation, head held high!

You can have the best game plan and it can still go POOF.

Hail!

• Like 1

Figured this didn't need it's own thread so I'd post here...

How in the world is Alfred Morris NOT on the Top 100 list for 2014 (as I don't expect him to be a top 10 guy).

He was 4th in yards, 6th in yards per game, 10th in yards per attempt, and 11th in TD's.

He was better than Bush in all four categories. He was better than Eddie Lacey, Frank Gore, and Marshawn Lynch in terms of yards, yards per game, and yards per attempt.

That he doesn't even crack the top 100 is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I understand we're a 3 win team and that's why he's not getting the run, but that doesn't make it any less attrocious.

• Like 3

How in the world is Alfred Morris NOT on the Top 100 list for 2014....

That he doesn't even crack the top 100 is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I understand we're a 3 win team and that's why he's not getting the run, but that doesn't make it any less attrocious.

I've seen this in several places.  I agree completely.  It's like football publications, and media in general, disregard all of our players because the team struggled last season.  

IMO it's the same reason Trent isn't considered "Elite" in most places, why people say Griffin had a terrible season last year (it wasn't great, but to act like it's time to look for a new QB after one season is silly) and why NO ONE thinks of Alfred as more than "above average".