Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Cooley? I thought he stopped doing work for the team when the Wright/crew let go of him, Sonny and Larry. 

what’s he doing now?

He's off the broadcast, but I heard president Jason on with Grant and Danny briefly mention that he's doing something with fan outreach. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of blasts from the past such as Cooley, i saw that Fred Davis(!!!) was at the stadium last week for a back to school drive, as well as Joshua Morgan, Evan Royster, and Will Montgomery! 

crazy that it’s been so long since these guys played for the team! We all wanted Fred Davis to be the TE of the future didn’t we 😂😂 

also, amazing how far we’ve come since the days of the RB 1 and 2 being Roy Helu and Evan Royster. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Speaking of blasts from the past such as Cooley, i saw that Fred Davis(!!!) was at the stadium last week for a back to school drive, as well as Joshua Morgan, Evan Royster, and Will Montgomery! 

crazy that it’s been so long since these guys played for the team! We all wanted Fred Davis to be the TE of the future didn’t we 😂😂 

Is he the one that had the nickname "Sleepy Fred" or something like that ?

That made me think of him, whenever I'd drive by this business...

unnamed.jpg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is he the one that had the nickname "Sleepy Fred" or something like that ?

That made me think of him, whenever I'd drive by this business...

Yep, that’s the one. Earned the nickname by falling asleep in meetings his rookie year. The guy had tons of talent, just couldn’t overcome his weed smoking issues. 

i remember him having a good start to the 2012 season, but got injured in the first giants matchup, and that’s when Cooley got brought back after we cut him prior to the start of the season 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, that’s the one. Earned the nickname by falling asleep in meetings his rookie year. The guy had tons of talent, just couldn’t overcome his weed smoking issues. 

i remember him having a good start to the 2012 season, but got injured in the first giants matchup, and that’s when Cooley got brought back after we cut him prior to the start of the season 

Sad because, even a brand new environment, change of scenery etc with another team didn't help his career.

And even though that new environment was Bellichek and the Pats.

After WAS, he lasted little over a month in N.E., and then his career was kaput

@Cooleyfan1993 I bet you're glad you took the username CooleyFan, instead of FredDavisFan, are ya ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

There's been 30 preseason games played so far and the AFC are dominating.

NFC  3-27-0 (minus 312 pts diff).

AFC: 27-3-0 (plus 312 pts diff).

Every NFC team has got a negative points difference.

Every AFC team (apart from the Jags) has got a positive points difference.

Only two NFC teams have won against an AFC team so far; the Bears beat the Dolphins, and WFT beat Cincy, (the other NFC win was the Cards beating the cowboys).

I realise that it's only preseason, but I found the unequal results interesting.

• Like 1

Well, despite myself - and for the first time in years - I'm actually feeling kinda excited about the start of the season. I haven't been keeping up with the team much but Rivera built one hell of a defense and in retrospect, this team put on an impressive show against the eventual League champions. All that plus a division that is hilariously up for grabs - yeah, sure, why not get a little bit hype - as a treat. 

• Like 1

Starting to worry about our chances to win the division.  With a healthy Dak, a much improved defense, a healthy O-line - Dallas will contend.  

Skins are going to have to stay healthy and take a step on both sides of the ball to win the NFCE again.

If the Cowboys come out game one and beat Tampa and we lose to the Chargers things are going to look pretty bleak right off the bat.

Staying healthy is always our challenge, we usually lose a couple of guys in camp and preseason, covid aside. 

I think we've done better with conditioning this season (another sign that Rivera is a badass, in my humble girl's opinion).  We've managed rather small challenges.  He's working hard at getting everyone vaxxed. 

I'm feelin' good.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Starting to worry about our chances to win the division.  With a healthy Dak, a much improved defense, a healthy O-line - Dallas will contend.  

Skins are going to have to stay healthy and take a step on both sides of the ball to win the NFCE again.

If the Cowboys come out game one and beat Tampa and we lose to the Chargers things are going to look pretty bleak right off the bat.

It'll be a three way battle between us, the Giants, and Cowboys. The reason I like our chances the most is because of our overall depth and locker room culture/leadership.