Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

This board has a bunch of dudes who said we'd be lucky to win 4 games this, but then come into every thread to complain about having the worst players ever at so many positions and how they can't believe how bad we are.  :ols:

Worse than a bunch of hens watching the Kardashians and being petty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This board has a bunch of dudes who said we'd be lucky to win 4 games this, but then come into every thread to complain about having the worst players ever at so many positions and how they can't believe how bad we are.  :ols:

Nothing more painful sometimes than reality. WFT is great. Put 15-1 on the board and get ready for the playoffs with home field throughout. But don't call any time outs because someone might get hurt.

• Confused 1

On 9/24/2020 at 8:16 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I entered the year expecting 2020 to be a throwaway year... Knowing that they have so many picks and so much cap, I expect this year to be a year about figuring out what they needed for 2021 and beyond. The COVID pandemic kind of made this year even better as far as growing goes. Probably the best start to a rebuild I've ever seen outside of LA and San Francisco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This surely doesn’t deserve a thread if it’s own and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate place to post it.

This is the first in a series of 5 documentaries originally shown on Showtime that detail the formation, development and later integration into the NFL of the original AFL.

I heard about it vaguely several years ago but had never seen it. I just started the third episode and I find it absolutely fascinating. They’re all available on youtube for those interested.

Give it 10 or 15 minutes if you’re not hooked it’s probably not for you but if you are hooked settle in for a fun ride.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 8:16 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I am ashamed 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The audio played in the stadiums is a constant murmur. No ups or downs, ooos or awws.

The broadcast plays its own crowd noise to help punctuate the game.

So it's just for the consumer, like when they make dog treats look like little steaks.

• Haha 1

I still want to see Jordan Reed do well for the most part, even though he’s not here anymore.  But he injured his knee in San Fran, they say he’ll miss 6 to 8 weeks.  He’s a talented player, even plays well in the playoffs.  But maybe he should stop playing, someone I know was telling me he should quit.  But I disagreed, now I think he should.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ultravin said:

out of curiosity, if the team didn't pick Haskins at 15 in the 2019 NFL Draft, who do you think they would of gotten instead?  i still think the sweat pick was good but it was expensive!

I think the pick would have been Sweat.

I would have liked Savage or Abram. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ultravin said:

out of curiosity, if the team didn't pick Haskins at 15 in the 2019 NFL Draft, who do you think they would of gotten instead?  i still think the sweat pick was good but it was expensive!

Gruden wanted Sweat at #15. Bruce then gave him his wish by jumping back in front of the Raiders to get him.

Developing story: Titans report more positive tests for Covid 19. Next weeks game with Steelers postponed indefinitely. 

Possible ramifications for other teams scheduled to play Titans can not be ruled out if this test result trend continues.

EDIT: Remember to take all Titans and Steelers out of your starting fantasy football lineup this week.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

EDIT: Remember to take all Titans and Steelers out of your starting fantasy football lineup this week.

Damn, great call Trances... I would have totally missed this and left Derrick Henry in my lineup, and my league locks everything after the first kickoff of the Thursday night game, even if the other players don't play until Sunday or Monday.   Much appreciated.

• Like 1