Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

18 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I guess you weren't at Verizon saturday night. I had never heard a home team goalie hazed.  Pitt fans are pitt fans, the pits that travel, likely because they dislike their city so much.

Wow, watched but really didn't hear it or remember the announcers talking about it. 

17 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Wow, watched but really didn't hear it or remember the announcers talking about it. 

It was only one time, but it was disturbing and it didn't last too long. Sitting at home, i was dying for that one dude that always starts the cheers, or the horn guy, to do his thing.

Or, better yet, all fans start hazing Flurry. Which we will hear Wednesday night. Way to go boys!

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Why is one of the exemptions for hard knocks a playoff appearance within the last two years?

Is the nfl essentially admitting that is a disadvantage being on hard knocks and stipulating that the good teams with the most likely chance of success not have to handicap themselves so to speak?

If so why on earth do even bad teams with at least some hope not put up a fight?

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Why is one of the exemptions for hard knocks a playoff appearance within the last two years?

Is the nfl essentially admitting that is a disadvantage being on hard knocks and stipulating that the good teams with the most likely chance of success not have to handicap themselves so to speak?

If so why on earth do even bad teams with at least some hope not put up a fight?

Because they need to sell tickets? 

glad to hear that we stayed at number 17. I guess drafting in the top 20 there's going to be those opportunities(the talk of the niners trying to trade some picks to the skins for #17)and at times it's just best to stay put and stick with your guy, glad to see the Redskins did that! Sign Kirk to a long-term deal and this is all of a sudden becoming close to one of my favorite offseasons.. besides the work outs that are going on right now didn't I hear something about Kirk and the new receivers meeting up and tossing the ball around?

Rewatching some of those "America's Game" Specials they have on NFL Network. Found the one for the '91 'Skins.

I guess since I'm a Redskins fan from the area, you sort of forget that Joe Gibbs isn't exactly a household name outside of the Beltway by and large. Casual football fans know about Lombardi and Joe Walsh and Chuck Noll but Joe Gibbs is always forgotten despite not having the kind of stacked lineups those other coaches had.

Though in the special, they do mention JKC got on Gibbs' case for not leading the kind of "youth movement" Jimmie Johnson had in Dallas and I wonder if the old man was on to something. 'Skins went on to beat the Lions' brains out in the NFC Title game but that could have easily have been the third Cowboys-Redskins conference championship game in 20 years. Do the 'Skins win that one?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

When posters sexualize their pleasure for the Redskins, its really freaking creepy.

Ok, I'm going to need an example of this ?? I can't quite imagine in my head how one would go about "sexualizing" their pleasure for a team, so I'm actually interested in hearing this. 

Some thoughts on the upcoming season.. I'm REALLY freakin excited for it.

I think this team wins 11-12 games this year. There are some awfully good pieces. I just hope the new additions on offense and defense can mesh quickly.

I think Perine is going to be the starter by week 2-3. I think he'll see time week one, but Kelley will get the start early on.

I said in the draft thread that I thought Anderson would be the lynchpin that makes this whole draft work. I was thinking Allen, Williams, Anderson 1,2,3 for the bama trifecta. Well I was half right, Allen and Anderson 1 and 2. I really think the team would have taken Williams in round 3 if flippin baltimore hadnt.

I think Pryor is going to go nuts this year, I see 8+ td's for him. He's just so BIG. Can you imagine the 6'4 Pryor, with 6'2 Reed, 6'2 Doctson, 6'3 Quick with the 230lb wrecking ball of a running back in the backfield in the redzone? That's a whole lotta size coming at you. Hopefully they can make it pay off.

Recently read an article about Arie Kouandjio and I think if he can put it all together he can start for us this year. He has the physical abilities and super long arms for an interior player. One of his issues is blocking in space, but if Bill Callahan can tap into his mind and get this corrected I think he might be our starter. 

I know he's started for us a few times, did anybody really notice that much of a difference between him and Lauvao?

On 5/13/2017 at 7:38 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, I'm going to need an example of this ?? I can't quite imagine in my head how one would go about "sexualizing" their pleasure for a team, so I'm actually interested in hearing this. 

A poster said in the draft thread that he came when we selected Allen.  I think that's the most blatant example I can think of.  My reply was "TMI."  

I will not call out the guilty, as call out's are against the rules.  But if you would like to self-call yourself out, you know who you are. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Recently read an article about Arie Kouandjio and I think if he can put it all together he can start for us this year. He has the physical abilities and super long arms for an interior player. One of his issues is blocking in space, but if Bill Callahan can tap into his mind and get this corrected I think he might be our starter. 

I know he's started for us a few times, did anybody really notice that much of a difference between him and Lauvao?

My memory is that Arie did a little better in the run game, but not in the pass game.  He's also inconsistent.  Lauvao, for whatever it's worth, is trusted to do the right thing, and be in the right place.  He's not anywhere near as terrible as some on here want to make him out to be.  He's not going to the HOF either.  But he has been an a legitimate starting LG for us for a couple of years. 

I think in the coaches minds that the tie will go to Lauvao because he's the vet and they trust him.  Arie needs to beat his ass out in camp. I think he can do it, he's more physically gifted than Lauvao.  He needs to step up and take the damn job.  Make it so obvious that the coaches HAVE to play him.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My memory is that Arie did a little better in the run game, but not in the pass game.  He's also inconsistent.  Lauvao, for whatever it's worth, is trusted to do the right thing, and be in the right place.  He's not anywhere near as terrible as some on here want to make him out to be.  He's not going to the HOF either.  But he has been an a legitimate starting LG for us for a couple of years. 

I think in the coaches minds that the tie will go to Lauvao because he's the vet and they trust him.  Arie needs to beat his ass out in camp. I think he can do it, he's more physically gifted than Lauvao.  He needs to step up and take the damn job.  Make it so obvious that the coaches HAVE to play him.  

Hmm, with our current team I think pass protection is a bit more important, we need to keep Kirk as clean as we can through the game. I don't think Lauvao is a bad player either, I think he suffers from being the worst player on a really good offensive line. He's a lunch pail guy, but if our line is going to ascend into a great offensive line, we have to upgrade here. 

It seems like with Arie, it's all mental. If he puts it together in combination with his physical traits, I think we'll be looking at an even better unit next year. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Hmm, with our current team I think pass protection is a bit more important, we need to keep Kirk as clean as we can through the game. I don't think Lauvao is a bad player either, I think he suffers from being the worst player on a really good offensive line. He's a lunch pail guy, but if our line is going to ascend into a great offensive line, we have to upgrade here. 

It seems like with Arie, it's all mental. If he puts it together in combination with his physical traits, I think we'll be looking at an even better unit next year. 

I don't disagree that an upgrade would be nice.  And I would REALLY like Arie to be that guy so we don't have to sign/draft another starting guard early or spend a lot of money on one.  

But we move the ball just fine.  Something like the 5th most yards from scrimmage.  The only problem the offense had was red zone scoring.  I kinda think that just with the different personnel we have this year, that will work itself out.  I'm not sure that taking the LG from Average to Great really gets you a lot more points.  

On 5/13/2017 at 4:38 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I am really EXCITED about the upcoming season.  If the team can COME together I will be so JAZZED.  And for you new fans, if the Band Wagon is rocking, don't hesitate to JUMP ON IT. 

PS - I need to up my game.  My 1,000th post is coming up.

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I am really EXCITED about the upcoming season.  If the team can COME together I will be so JAZZED.  And for you new fans, if the Band Wagon is rocking, don't hesitate to JUMP ON IT. 

PS - I need to up my game.  My 1,000th post is coming up.

Make it really count...in the "**** THE COWBOYS" thread.  :)   :dallas_sucks:

Just had a realization that I'll be within 2 hours of FedEx Field for the first time in my adult life. That's pretty nifty.

Any suggestions for fans coming down to the stadium from Pennsylvania? I'm thinking of leaving really early, driving down to the Shady Grove station, transferring at Metro Center and riding out to Morgan Blvd. from the city. It'll be a **** with the distance alone but it'll beat paying for parking and fighting through traffic, especially if the 'Skins lay an egg.