Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

Its a joke.

Hey did you get hammered by the storm, I remember you said you were in South Florida.

We actually fared pretty well, thanks for asking. I can't feel my arms from helping about 5 neighbors do their shutters and take them down, get generators ready, moving furniture... but better safe than sorry... We got mostly debris which we've already cleaned up, and I used the time to power wash my patio and screen enclosure, so it worked out.

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

We actually fared pretty well, thanks for asking. I can't feel my arms from helping about 5 neighbors do their shutters and take them down, get generators ready, moving furniture... but better safe than sorry... We got mostly debris which we've already cleaned up, and I used the time to power wash my patio and screen enclosure, so it worked out.

Nice, that was nasty one so good to hear you dodged it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I still think the world would be a better place with leather helmets, and soft pads. 

There was a great story a few years back about how adding the face mask to helmets was the single biggest change to football.  The entire game was played differently after that.

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

There was a great story a few years back about how adding the face mask to helmets was the single biggest change to football.  The entire game was played differently after that.

I believe it. I suspect the league didn't want players faces to be bloody, hence the mask.  A superficial facial cut can look horrifying and I am certain is frowned upon by the league.  A mask mandates a hard shell mount, hence the modern day Riddell. Otherwise, we all already have helmets built in to protect our noggins. Of course, the cranium. 

I am surprised Jay didn't review the Crowder end around.... there seemed to be a delay, and thus plenty of time to get help from someone up stairs. Maybe the replay wasn't on the jumbotrons....  or the perma banner along the bottom of the modern day television programs obscured the view.  Lucky for us, the next play Crowder got the first, leaving no one but me miffed. 

Edited by RandyHolt

56 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am surprised Jay didn't review the Crowder end around.... there seemed to be a delay, and thus plenty of time to get help from someone up stairs. Maybe the replay wasn't on the jumbotrons....  or the perma banner along the bottom of the modern day television programs obscured the view.  Lucky for us, the next play Crowder got the first, leaving no one but me miffed. 

They said it was unreviewable because one of the refs blew the whistle.

• Like 2

Oh I was miffed to...while crowder was getting the first down the very next play my jaw was still dropped for Gruden not challenging the previous play..than it hit me how good our o realy REALY IS...I mean correct me if I'm wrong but the ravens had the number one defense last week right?...and this leads to me to...(and I say this with all do respect)who is Fletcher cox?..I hear constantly how bad ass he is and I acctualy see it when the eagles play other teams...but he's no where around when he plays us...so that's two weeks in a row(not so much against the raven's I guess)that we just do what we want with the ball...alot of love to the o line and ANYONE second guessing Scotty mcdoogle picking Scherff needs there head examined...I believe and I'm not a numbers guy or google this and that a research here and there but from what I'm seeing our o line has got to be playing better than any o line in football.

• Like 1

The day after losing to the Cowboys, I was at the Subway across the street from work and nearly the entire line of customers and workers at Subway were having a laugh about the Redskins deal and how they would never have to come off free subs because of how badly the Redskins suck.

For the past few weeks, I've been enjoying a 6 inch sub, chips and a drink for 3 bucks.  If they keep this winning streak up, I might just lose some weight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Oh I was miffed to...while crowder was getting the first down the very next play my jaw was still dropped for Gruden not challenging the previous play..than it hit me how good our o realy REALY IS...I mean correct me if I'm wrong but the ravens had the number one defense last week right?...and this leads to me to...(and I say this with all do respect)who is Fletcher cox?..I hear constantly how bad ass he is and I acctualy see it when the eagles play other teams...but he's no where around when he plays us...so that's two weeks in a row(not so much against the raven's I guess)that we just do what we want with the ball...alot of love to the o line and ANYONE second guessing Scotty mcdoogle picking Scherff needs there head examined...I believe and I'm not a numbers guy or google this and that a research here and there but from what I'm seeing our o line has got to be playing better than any o line in football.

Scherrff is a beast.  He and Moses are going to be a dominant force on the right side of out O-Line for years to come.  I don't doubt him at all anymore.  As his technique is refinining he is becoming the guy these DTs don't want to face.

• Like 1

Some familiar names in the top sack leaders.

Total Sacks Leaders

TACKLES SACKS INTERCEPTIONS FUMBLES
RK PLAYER TEAM AST TOTAL COMB SACK YDSL PD INT YDS LONG TD FF REC TD
1 Lorenzo Alexander, LB BUF 8 22 30 8.0 44 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
2 Von Miller, LB DEN 7 19 26 7.5 41 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
3 Brian Orakpo, LB TEN 4 14 18 7.0 52 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 Willie Young, LB CHI 6 13 19 6.0 28 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
  Markus Golden, LB ARI 6 18 24 6.0 46 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
6 Terrell Suggs, LB BAL 3 16 19 5.0 37 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  Trent Murphy, DE WSH 9 11 20 5.0 26 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
  Kerry Hyder, DT DET 1 10 11 5.0 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  Leonard Williams, DE NYJ 8 16 24 5.0 36 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
10 Ryan Kerrigan, LB WSH 2 12 14 4.5 29 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Scherff is guard. One we took at #5 overall.

I believe Spencer Long could be just as productive, and we should have drafted Leonard Williams, who would be a HUGE difference maker on the defensive line right now.

This again!?!?

No, no, no, no, no....

No!

Our Oline is one of the best in the leagues right now BECUASE of guys like Scherff. There's time to work on the Dline in this upcoming draft. I loved Williams as well but that doesn't take away from the fact that Scherff, regardless of where was picked, is a Pro Bowl caliber Guard

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Some familiar names in the top sack leaders.

TACKLES    SACKS    INTERCEPTIONS    FUMBLES
RK   PLAYER                  TEAM    AST    TOTAL    COMB    SACK    YDSL    FF   

3    Brian Orakpo, LB      TEN       4          14           18          7.0        52        0    

6    Trent Murphy, DE     WSH      9          11            20         5.0         26       2    

10   Ryan Kerrigan, LB   WSH      2         12            14         4.5         29        1    

While Orakpo does have more sacks (he was always pretty good getting at the QB, when healthy), he still doesn't seem to cause that "big play".  For example, with higher total in sacks, he still doesn't have any forced fumbles.  This was always one of my major gripes with him, he never had that game changing type of play.

Meanwhile, our two sack leading players (both in the top 10 of sacks) have shown that ability for potential game changing type of play.   Murphy has 2 forced fumbles, while Kerrigan has 1.  

Edited by Saeth29

26 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

This again!?!?

No, no, no, no, no....

No!

Our Oline is one of the best in the leagues right now BECUASE of guys like Scherff. There's time to work on the Dline in this upcoming draft. I loved Williams as well but that doesn't take away from the fact that Scherff, regardless of where was picked, is a Pro Bowl caliber Guard

LOL, I beat this dead horse for about a week, was so pissed at how bad our D line was playing.

I don't think we would have gone wrong with either pick but Scherff is nasty and it was a good pick.