Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does that work like a VPN ?

I don't believe so.  It just changes your computers "location".  You can live in Saskatchewan, but make your computer location WDC & Locast will "see" you there and allow the local broadcast to be available.  

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Thanks Riggo.  Your url for installing The Endzone worked perfectly.  I see our game listed and look forward to watching tonight.

I do have another set of questions for you.  Above you say to download Location Guard.  Do I do that from within Kodi?  And were do I find/load Locast from?  Thanks again!!!!!

I just used the Locast/Location Guard with my computer & downloaded from their sites.  I never tried it after the Firestick was Jailbroken because I didn't need it anymore.  Here's some info on it...

https://www.techhive.com/article/3573753/for-local-nfl-streams-locast-is-a-cord-cutters-secret-weapon.html#:~:text=Watching Locast from anywhere&text=That way%2C you can trick,this is called Location Guard.&text=In the menu that pops,then choose “Fixed location.”

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It has worked extremely well for me with one caveat: if you're using it for free, every 15 minutes or however long it is it basically disconnects you and you have to reconnect again. If you pay that doesn't happen, I don't think.

So if you fail to donate, all you have to do is reconnect every 15 minutes ?

I'm assuming that's just an inconvenience of a few seconds, right ?

5 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Thanks Riggo.  Your url for installing The Endzone worked perfectly.  I see our game listed and look forward to watching tonight.

I do have another set of questions for you.  Above you say to download Location Guard.  Do I do that from within Kodi?  And were do I find/load Locast from?  Thanks again!!!!!

I found Location Guard, as a Firefox add-on.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So if you fail to donate, all you have to do is reconnect every 15 minutes ?

I'm assuming that's just an inconvenience of a few seconds, right ?

I found Location Guard, as a Firefox add-on.

From what I remember, when it disconnects you and you reconnect, you get a short ad for locast (lasts like 10 seconds) and then you go and find the channel you were watching before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I don't believe so.  It just changes your computers "location".  You can live in Saskatchewan, but make your computer location WDC & Locast will "see" you there and allow the local broadcast to be available.  

I just used the Locast/Location Guard with my computer & downloaded from their sites.  I never tried it after the Firestick was Jailbroken because I didn't need it anymore.  Here's some info on it...

https://www.techhive.com/article/3573753/for-local-nfl-streams-locast-is-a-cord-cutters-secret-weapon.html#:~:text=Watching Locast from anywhere&text=That way%2C you can trick,this is called Location Guard.&text=In the menu that pops,then choose “Fixed location.”

Thanks Riggo Ranger and @Califan007 ! This is workin good for me, so far

I noticed there's no pre-game show.

Maybe I can catch some of the DC local TV shows that cover the team, that I've been missing out on.

Like the ol Sonny Jurgenson on 'Redskin Sidelines' show.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thumb up 2

I just started using locast  live in the area but not close enough for antenna. Donate 5 dollars a month get local channels and a few more free. Non profit company that relies on donations like PBS.  So far so good. Better than paying big for channels in a package. Not all cities have it yet, Wash, Balt, New York.....

So I haven't had NFL ticket in a few years, I stopped buying it during the last couple seasons of Gruden era, and then last year Direct TV gave it to me for free for some reason (I assume it is because they half thought season would be shortened or canceled all together and figured offering it free was a good gesture?)

So, back when I was still buying it my buddy would pay me half the cost and I would give him my direct tv login.  I would watch games on my TV and he would login on his tablet or computer and watch.  Since technically only one of us was using the login info to watch games, Direct TV probably never picked up on the fact that two of us were using it.

My question is: Has Direct TV figured this trick out and found a way to stop it?  I don't see how they could really since even if they monitored IP addresses, there is no rule saying you have to be at home with your device.   My friend is inquiring with me if I want to go back to splitting the cost and all that, and I am totally down, I just want to make sure this method will still work.  I tried to google an answer but it keeps giving me results as if I am asking if I can login with my credentials on 2 separate devices, which is not what I am trying to do, and also which I know would not work.

8 hours ago, duffy said:

Happy to help! 

I've been using it for football, baseball and UFC for awhile now. 

I tried using streameast.live for the Cincy game.  But Everytime I tapped on the game.  It would redirect me to fubotv.  Plus it kept popping up other sites which had nothing to do with the game.  Was I missing something.  I mean other than the game.  Lol

I finally got the game using nbcsports stream

Edited by burgngold fan
Added to post

Question? Anybody that has nfl gamepass. I watched the second pre season game live. Another family member now wants to watch it but the replay is in condensed version only, even though the other games, even yesterdays are already available in both full and condensed. Do you think it's a glitch? 

10 hours ago, burgngold fan said:

I tried using streameast.live for the Cincy game.  But Everytime I tapped on the game.  It would redirect me to fubotv.  Plus it kept popping up other sites which had nothing to do with the game.  Was I missing something.  I mean other than the game.  Lol

I finally got the game using nbcsports stream

Those ads just open up in another tab. As soon as they come up just click the ad tab out and then click the stream arrow again. It should go right into the game. Every time you click the stream screen (such as in coming out of buffering) it will throw up another ad tab. Again, just click the tab out and re-click the stream arrow. 

• Thumb up 1