Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

btw, am I the only one that Direct TV gave the NFL ticket to free again this season?  Last season they sent an email and it was widely advertised about a lot of people getting it for free due to covid and them probably believing the season would be way shortened or canceled all together, but this season I don't remember being sent an email or anything and I went to check on my status with a rep last Thursday and they told me I was already subscribed and there was no cost to me.  I questioned it a few times making sure I wasn't covertly re-upped on my contract for 2 more years (a deal they would usually get you to agree to in the past), but it ended up being legit, I got it for free.

So afterwards I googled and I guess there is some kind of "OG Fan" thing they were giving out.  I have no idea what that even means to be honest. My best guess is maybe now that AT&T is uncoupling from Direct TV, that DTV looked at subscribers to see who had been with them so long that they went back before the two merged in the first place, and gave it to those people for free as a thank you, but I have never really confirmed why I got it for free.

• Like 2

I remember years ago people using Slingshot for the games.

But I haven't heard it mentioned here at all. At least not for a long time.

Anyone know what's up with Slingshot ?

On 9/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, Stone Cold said:

Mannnn…I wished I saved the one link that someone posted durin preseason.  Worked like a charm on my phone.  Was just a simple link…then you got to pick what sport then what game.  Is that “I know, vague” website still available for regular season?

Was it posted in this thread, or the "gameday thread" for that preseason game ?

Also, do you remember which preseason game it was, or which week, like 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ?

On 9/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, BleedBNG said:

The best ones for laptop are

http://6streams.tv (not secure)

https://www.streameast.live/ab/ (secure)

http://livetv.sx/enx (not secure)

By "not secure", does that mean you'll get blasted with pop-ups, or there's a high possibility your computer gets hijacked or hacked ?

Sorry, I'm not an expert in this department

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

46 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I remember years ago people using Slingshot for the games.

But I haven't heard it mentioned here at all. At least not for a long time.

Anyone know what's up with Slingshot ?

Was it posted in this thread, or the "gameday thread" for that preseason game ?

Also, do you remember which preseason game it was, or which week, like 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ?

By "not secure", does that mean you'll get blasted with pop-ups, or there's a high possibility your computer gets hijacked or hacked ?

my husband was, and would probably be very disappointed that I'm flying all wi-fi now that he's gone

But I don't know what else to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

As long as your not doing anything like checking your bank account, paypal etc. while watching the game then your OK.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone else had major problems, trying to sign into various online accounts, after installing either Location Guard or a VPN ?

Apparently due to your hidden or changed location, the system thinks someone else is fraudulently trying to log into your account.

Twitter was the worst reaction. They completely locked me out of my account as a result. And the only way that they offer, for me

to restore/recover my account, is to have a text sent to my mobile number. BUT I NEVER EVEN ASSOCIATED ANY PHONE NUMBER WITH THIS ACCOUNT !

Why they don't allow me to recover it through my email address instead, is beyond me. And youtube has done the same thing.

It let me change my password through my email, but still won't let me login, as it still requires a phone number that doesn't even exist on my account.

So from all appearances, it looks impossible for me to recover that account.

Or is it ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

On 9/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

So from all appearances, it looks impossible for me to recover that account.

Or is it ?

Found this, I hope maybe  it will help https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-vpn-secure-connection-17/my-twitter-is-locked-due-to-kaspersky-vpn-230

https://growfollowing.com/twitter-account-locked-unusual-activity/

Emails are not safe that's why they want you to use 2FA identification (using phone number).

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

I can't make sense out of these maps, as for the logic going into these decisions.

NC, for example.

Panthers as you'd expect, take priority. You would think that Washington would be secondary, like if the Panthers don't play the same time, or if there's

2 games airing at the same time. But Washington seems to never get TV coverage on a Sunday game, unless it's a national or nearly national game.

After the Panthers, the Falcons then became the "secondary" team.

But now, there's apparently 2 other teams that leapfrogged Washington.

With the Panthers on Thursday, there's 2 games televised at 1pm Sunday. You'd think Washington would be one of them.

But it's Saints vs Pats, and Bengals vs Steelers.

Wish I knew what their logic was behind all that, considering NC used to be Washington territory, so with the Panthers here, then WFT should at least be the secondary team.

But it's like they keep picking names out of a hat, and go by that, as long as they don't pick WFT out of the hat

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=3