Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

23 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Those ads just open up in another tab. As soon as they come up just click the ad tab out and then click the stream arrow again. It should go right into the game. Every time you click the stream screen (such as in coming out of buffering) it will throw up another ad tab. Again, just click the tab out and re-click the stream arrow. 

Ok thanks!  I'll give it another try.  

18 hours ago, burgngold fan said:

I tried using streameast.live for the Cincy game.  But Everytime I tapped on the game.  It would redirect me to fubotv.  Plus it kept popping up other sites which had nothing to do with the game.  

When I use it, when you first hit the play button, another window will pop up for for fubotv or something. But I just close that and go back to streameast and hit the play button again and it would work. 

On 8/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, Riggo'sRangers said:

I don't believe so.  It just changes your computers "location".  You can live in Saskatchewan, but make your computer location WDC & Locast will "see" you there and allow the local broadcast to be available.  

I just used the Locast/Location Guard with my computer & downloaded from their sites.  I never tried it after the Firestick was Jailbroken because I didn't need it anymore.  Here's some info on it...

https://www.techhive.com/article/3573753/for-local-nfl-streams-locast-is-a-cord-cutters-secret-weapon.html#:~:text=Watching Locast from anywhere&text=That way%2C you can trick,this is called Location Guard.&text=In the menu that pops,then choose “Fixed location.”

This might be a dumb question, but if you're outside of DC and use Locast for a regular season game, do you get the "local announcers", or the ones that are like "leaguewide NFL-assigned" ?

57 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This might be a dumb question, but if you're outside of DC and use Locast for a regular season game, do you get the "local announcers", or the ones that are like "leaguewide NFL-assigned" ?

You will get the broadcast they show in DC.  For regular season it is the broadcasters assigned by the respective broadcast affiliate.  For preseason I'm not sure, but would think local.  I think the best marriage would be a local radio broadcast synced with the video but haven't tried it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monte51Coleman said:

I just fired up the Locast app and have been watching tonight’s game channel uninterrupted without a ‘donation’.

Will that continue during the game?

I had mixed results.

The first game I did it, I had uninterrupted service.

The next game, it interrupted me about every 15 minutes.

It sounds like maybe the first time you use it, they might allow you try it a while without the interruptions. Just a guess.

I even tried to over-ride it, by manually disconnecting during each commercial break, so as to 'restart' the 15 minute period, and try to avoid interruptions during game play.

But that didn't help. I supposed I'll use the final preseason game for Locast, much like the coaches do ; a little more experimentation to try to get the broadcast right, before the real games start.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I had mixed results.

The first game I did it, I had uninterrupted service.

The next game, it interrupted me about every 15 minutes.

It sounds like maybe the first time you use it, they might allow you try it a while without the interruptions. Just a guess.

I even tried to over-ride it, by manually disconnecting during each commercial break, so as to 'restart' the 15 minute period, and try to avoid interruptions during game play.

But that didn't help. I supposed I'll use the final preseason game for Locast, much like the coaches do ; a little more experimentation to try to get the broadcast right, before the real games start.

Did you do the "donation" for $5-6?  IF you do that you will have an uninterrupted broadcast.  A little tidbit that is important. 

• Thanks 1

I believe @skinsmarydu uses the same thing I do (got the link from her) and that's 6streams.xyz.  I have watched every game the last 2 yrs that way. Depending on your security settings you may have a few pop-up ad windows. You can shut them or not. Just need to go to the original page and click till you get the game. On my old computer it took about 4 clicks. But I have a new computer with a better pop-up blocker and had none last night. Also, I shut down the chat since otherwise it sits there and "pops" every time someone says something.  I then connect my computer to the TV through HDMI and extending my screen and it's perfect. I plan to get a new TV that I can connect directly and take out the middle machine. 

But no cost, very few interruptions and good quality video. About once or maybe twice a game I have to reconnect. But it's worth it since I can watch the games for free. 

And as Mary said you can watch Caps games - any hockey really. They also have Bball and baseball and other stuff. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, Riggo'sRangers said:

I don't believe so.  It just changes your computers "location".  You can live in Saskatchewan, but make your computer location WDC & Locast will "see" you there and allow the local broadcast to be available.  

I just used the Locast/Location Guard with my computer & downloaded from their sites.  I never tried it after the Firestick was Jailbroken because I didn't need it anymore.  Here's some info on it...

https://www.techhive.com/article/3573753/for-local-nfl-streams-locast-is-a-cord-cutters-secret-weapon.html#:~:text=Watching Locast from anywhere&text=That way%2C you can trick,this is called Location Guard.&text=In the menu that pops,then choose “Fixed location.”

Be careful, that Location Guard can come back to bite ya, like some accounts like social media that have strict login procedures, when they see it looks like you're logging in from DC or any other location than normal, may lock you out of your account.

And depending on the account, it can potentially be quite a pain, getting back into it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Be careful, that Location Guard can come back to bite ya, like some accounts like social media that have strict login procedures, when they see it looks like you're logging in from DC or any other location than normal, may lock you out of your account.

And depending on the account, it can potentially be quite a pain, getting back into it.

You are exactly right. The best thing (I always did this when I used it) is to only change your fixed location when using Locast & then revert to normal as soon as done. I found that out by not changing to actual location & running into some issues like you mentioned. Great catch & tip.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

You are exactly right. The best thing (I always did this when I used it) is to only change your fixed location when using Locast & then revert to normal as soon as done. I found that out by not changing to actual location & running into some issues like you mentioned. Great catch & tip.

Something else I noticed, that may potentially complicate that - it seems to take a while for the location to "kick in", as far as other operations on the computer go.

In other words, as soon as I set my new location, I experimented with a web search of "pizza near me" and it was still searching my "old location".

However, later at some point, it began recognizing the new location, and giving me pizza places in the DC area, when searched.

And same thing with the social media. It took about 2 weeks of using it, before the account perceived it as being in a new, unrecognized area.

So I guess what I'm saying is, with that in mind, if you change location back and forth, it could be difficult to know which location is actually being recognized by any particular program or operation, due to that delay.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok I see that the judgment was expected to see appeals, and nowhere could I find that the judgment meant an immediate abeyance or cessation of service.

So is it actually in effect immediately ?

By what I've read you should be able to still use Locast.  The Judge removed their protection (non-profit status) so the networks can now file lawsuits against them, but nothing has proceeded through the legal channels yet, if I understood it correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

By what I've read you should be able to still use Locast.  The Judge removed their protection (non-profit status) so the networks can now file lawsuits against them, but nothing has proceeded through the legal channels yet, if I understood it correctly. 

Oh whew. Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder how that would fare out, if they sued Locast, considering they're non-profit, and probably don't have much to sue over.

I'm no legal expert. But if my Dad heard this, he'd probably say, "Well ya can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, ya know"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Oh whew. Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder how that would fare out, if they sued Locast, considering they're non-profit, and probably don't have much to sue over.

I'm no legal expert. But if my Dad heard this, he'd probably say, "Well ya can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, ya know"

I would guess their lawsuits will not be as much monetary in nature, but rather a cease and desist (stop providing broadcasts) court order.  I think they want them to simply stop broadcasting because it affects thier wallet(s) in some  infinitesimal way.  Protecting their piles of money.  

• Like 1