Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

True story

As a kid i lived just outside the viewing area.... But if i took the radio into the attic and held it in a certain position i could pick up a VA/DC local station & listen to a fuzzy radio call of the game

Touchdown ...... . .. Washington Redskins !.......

Not sure why I'm sharing this

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

True story

As a kid i lived just outside the viewing area.... But if i took the radio into the attic and held it in a certain position i could listen to a fuzzy radio call of the game. 

Touchdown ...... . .. Washington Redskins !.......

Not sure why I'm sharing this

I once took a boombox into my back yard on Long Island, to pick up an AM broadcast of a Redskins v. Bears game off the clouds from Chicago. This was in the 80s when both teams were good. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mbws said:

I once took a boombox into my back yard on Long Island, to pick up an AM broadcast of a Redskins v. Bears game off the clouds from Chicago. This was in the 80s when both teams were good. 

Its funny back then AM radio use to pick up some long range stations from where you lived. It was very positional based though. Maybe it still does that i dunno 

Its weird remembering a time before the internet.

11 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

True story

As a kid i lived just outside the viewing area.... But if i took the radio into the attic and held it in a certain position i could pick up a VA/DC local station & listen to a fuzzy radio call of the game

I can remember taking my television set up to the attic before I had cable to watch the games on CBS 11 

• Like 1

I was in Santa Cruz on vacation during last week's preseason game and I just went to reddit and typed in "NFL Streams" and the Skins stream was HD quality and pretty flawless on the wifi connection.  I watched the first half without any issues at all. Would have watched the entire thing but we headed to the boardwalk around that time.

• Like 1

I usually keep away from social media until the game replays on NFL network.  I like to watch it knowing the pain will happen instead of the pain going in.  :)

I can't seem to find when (or if?) the game will be broadcasted on NFL Network. 

Does anyone know if the week 2 game will be aired?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

I usually keep away from social media until the game replays on NFL network.  I like to watch it knowing the pain will happen instead of the pain going in.  :)

Thanks

It's been on multiple times already... I saw it on Sunday and then again either yesterday or today. Keep checking in.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, Audible_Red40 said:

Thanks

Friday morning, before you get up. I think around 4:00 AM. I have my TiVo set to record it. 
I will listen to the Sirius radio broadcast on Thursday though. Miss you, Sonny! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mbws said:

Friday morning, before you get up. I think around 4:00 AM. I have my TiVo set to record it. 
I will listen to the Sirius radio broadcast on Thursday though. Miss you, Sonny! 

Wait, Sirius has a Redskins radio broadcast , on weekdays and whatnot ?!  tell me more please. I know there is a NFL channel but i thought that just went live for gameday

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, mbws said:

Thank you.

Was wondering why the NFL network schedule only showed from 7:00am.  I see a filter on there now, where you can just filter "NFL preseason games".

It does show at 4:00am.  This is perfect timing for me!

46 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Thanks! How is this one as far as malware,etc.?

Usually I don't have issues with malware because I use a Mac.  Some streams won't work if you're running AD Blocker.  I just close any and all pop-ups, then roll the stream and have never had any issues with malware. I might be able to post an ACE STREAM link if one gets posted.   

Better than that, go here and find all the stream sources yourself!  

On 8/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, mbws said:

Yep.

According to my TV menu, that is the only time the game will be replayed on the NFL Network.

For those that live in the DMV area, NBC Sports Washington will re-air the game Saturday at 9am edt, Sunday at 12 noon edt, and Tuesday at 7pm edt.

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Usually I don't have issues with malware because I use a Mac.  Some streams won't work if you're running AD Blocker.  I just close any and all pop-ups, then roll the stream and have never had any issues with malware. I might be able to post an ACE STREAM link if one gets posted.   

Better than that, go here and find all the stream sources yourself!  

Thank you very much, it’s  working great!

• Like 1