Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet the Hyundai Genesis (drool)

heyholetsgogrant

The only question I have is... does the CD player support MP3 audio files? That is my pet peeve of all cars built after 2003... there's not excuse not to support MP3 CDs.

I bought a 2007 350z Roadster last year and its CD player supports mp3 playback.

I win.

2868766098708521.jpg

* Length : 5.89 m (19.3 ft)

* Width : 2.14 m (7.0 ft)

* Weight : 2660 kg (5864 lb)

* Engine : Bi-Turbo V12 oct-turbo from Maybach 57 S 700 hp (SAE) (522 kW), 1020 N·m (737 ft·lbf)

* Top speed : 351 km/h (218 mph)

* 0-62 MPH : 4.4 seconds

* Tires : 315/25 ZR 23 Fulda Exelero

* Fuel used for Top speed test: 110 octane

* Cost: Approx. $3,765,432.10 (USD)

I own an Elantra. It was the first new car I ever bought and has been an utter POS. I will NEVER waste my money on a cheap pile of junk like this again.

All you need to know is - the clutch blew out after only 20,000 miles. I had to get a whole new one installed and the car was barely two years old. That's absurd. I don't drive like Tony Stewart either.

My wife has tapped it twice in the driveway resulting in hundreds of dollars of damage, whereas her car didn't even have a scratch. I am scared to ride around with my kids in there.

A car that costs nearly 4M ? You don't win. That's just stupid.

It doesn't just cost 4M. They only make like 100 of them every year and because of the price, they don't even bother to advertise. They send letters and flyers out to the wealthiest people in the world to see if they want one and just ignore everyone else. I've actually seen one in person, though not that model. The guy had spent this huge amount of money on it and then wasn't happy with it and he had spent another huge amount of money customizing it, like getting his own hood ornament and gold-plated hub caps. He was kind of arrogant too. And it's not just stupid, it's ridiculous. But I think it's funny because that particular model is almost 20 feet long. That's like screaming, "please don't notice my tiny penis!"

The Mustangs are so sweet but to be honest, in the new age of fuel conservation, they are part of the problem. These and other cars/trucks have GOT to go.

Hyundai is doing the right thing by appealing to the consumer's sense of grandeur while keeping energy conservation in the picture.

I am not sold on the Genesis. I am not saying that Hyundai is bad, I just don't think much of it. They took their styling cues too strongly from the other luxury makers. Why not make something fresh if you are trying to break into a new area of the market?

As for me, I am buying nothing but American and have had no issues at all. I am looking forward to the 2009 Chevy Traverse. My wife has VW and it has also been tremendous. 100,000 miles and it has only been in the shop to have new window motors (at 85,000 miles). We are looking into a new Chevy Malibu for her. That is a nice car for the price.

And I love how you can't enter any discussion without acting like a total horse's ass.

The funny thing is that most people who own German automobiles agree. They are very high maintenance and very expensive to own. But when they are working, they work very, very well... which is why German automakers can continue to sell cars in the U.S. despite extrememe maintenance costs and hassles associated with them.

I'm a horse's ass because I pointed out a fact? You say Ford's don't deserve their reputation, then you paint all German cars with one brush.

I have 2 German cars. I know plenty of other people who own German cars. I'm pretty sure if I did a survey I wouldn't find that "most agree they are very high maintenance and expensive to own."

I traded a Ford in for my 2nd German car. I'll let you guess which one I think more highly of.

And you're statement of "Audis, while very nice vehicles, are very poorly constructed. As is true with all German automobiles." is laughable. I challenge you to sit in a German automobile, take a good look around the car, then do the same to an American car. Then tell me which one is poorly constructed.

I win.

2868766098708521.jpg

* Engine : Bi-Turbo V12 oct-turbo from Maybach 57 S 700 hp (SAE) (522 kW), 1020 N·m (737 ft·lbf)

ghey

Another wanna be luxury car from one of those I didnt think they could make that automakers. Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!! Having owned a 2007 Hyundai Azera I can tell you first hand they are built pretty well but they depreciate and fall in value faster and :):):):) quicker than a Guillani run at the presidency. Bad investment. :silly::silly::D:)

How can they? We buy foreign. :doh:

American = Greed

How can they?

I guess you are admitting that German engineers are smarter than the American engineers. I am sure we are capable of building better vehicles but....if American companies get used to building second rate POS's it is hard to break the cycle...IMO. Union wages are another problem I suppose.

I win.

2868766098708521.jpg

No...you lose...Bugatti Veyron = 1000HP

Statistics and specifications[10]Basic statsVehicleMid-engine, all-wheel drive 2-door coupeBase price€1,127,210 (GB£757,359/US$1,440,800)EngineQuad-turbocharged DOHC 64-valve W16Engine displacement7993 cc (488.8 in³)PerformanceTop speed408.47 km/h (253.81 mph) (average)0-60 mph (97 km/h)2.46 seconds0-100 mph (161 km/h)5.5 seconds0-150 mph (241 km/h)9.8 seconds0-200 mph (322 km/h)[11]24.2 seconds0-250 mph (402 km/h)[12][13]55 secondsStanding quarter-mile (402 meters)[14]10.2 seconds at 143 mph (230 km/h)Fuel economy[15]EPA city driving7 mpg–U.S. (33.6 L/100 km / 8.4 mpg–imp)EPA highway driving10 mpg–U.S. (23.52 L/100 km / 12 mpg–imp)Top speed fuel economy2 mpg–U.S. (117.61 L/100 km / 2.4 mpg–imp)

The problem is nobody understands exactly why American cars are "inferior."

1. If you buy "foreign" the money goes DIRECTLY overseas, regardless of where it's built. Therefore your money is greatly supporting the economy of different companies. This is a double edged sword because it then takes money out of the American automotive Research and Development department, making it more difficult to put a "quality" product on the road.

2. In other countries, it is cheaper to make the parts because of the fact that the economy is much lower, which means cost of living is much cheaper, which means they can pay people less. This means the American auto industry then needs to outsource their parts/products in order to keep the prices low to try and compete. Anyone who has ever tried to translate, understands that things dont translate perfectly, which means there is going to be errors.

3. You dont buy a house in Japan because it's cheaper to live there? Even if they found a way to build houses in Japan and ship them over here, would you buy one?

Honestly, I have driven Ford my whole life and am yet to really have a problem with them. I am personally in the automotive field, which gives me a "behind the scenes" look at the engineering of vehicles and such, and the engineering is obviously not geared toward simplicity, and maybe i'm biased but they are difficult to work on.

Archived