Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Taylor getting shot make you feel you may need to purchase a gun?

heyholetsgogrant

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Assuming that this is some short of Home invasion ( a home invasion has to be the most frightening thing on the planet) make you feel you may need to start thinking of buying a gun? In my case I may actually do so next summer, especially since some MS-13 gang activity has moved in and around my community. Any suggestions on what gun/shotgun/rifle would be good for home protection? I was looking at a Glock 21 .45 the other day, any thoughts?

-Grant

Honestly, I hate to say this, but reading some of the other theads, it's being reported Sean was reaching for a machate, and I'm thinking it might've made the robbers shoot. Just makes me think no posession is worth my life, and just to give the robbers what they want and let insurance and the law figure the rest out =( =(

I was about to start a thread in the tailgate before the shooting on how Gun advocates use home invasions as fear mongering tactics for people to buy guns. It now appears that I dont have to as many of you now beleive a thief will come to your home, armed and ready to kill anyone and everyone inside before robbing you.

The fact is, home invasions are rare, and when they do happen, the intruder is most likely related to the victim in some way. Home invasions are oftend cited on offical police reports when a drug house or marijuana grow op is robbed.

Most criminals, dont want to bother with people or animals inside the home which is why most robberiers take place when no one is home. There is enough work invloved in picking a home to rob, finding out where the valubles are and how to get to them that killing 3- 5 people is really an extra step they dont need or want to take. And what if they finally get caught? Would you rather do 5-10 for robbery or 25-life for murdering a 65 year old lady who wouldnt drop the silverware?

But you Americans, first thing you go for is your gun, and your right to have it. This is the kind of mentality that allows semi and fully automatic weapons into peoples homes, for what they deem is "protection". Protection from what? The spanish army? Gun makers try to sell these guns as safety items, and you guys fall for it, thinking that if my gun is bigger than the gun of my yet-to-arrive-home-invading-rape-happy-robber you will be safe. Thats as dumb as you can get as far as Im concerned.

And another thing, why does everyone jump to the conclusion this was a home invasion or a robbery? There has been no official police report yet this is the conclusion everyone jumps to. it could be that Sean shot himself accidentially or maybe one of the residents of the home shot Sean by mistake or maybe not by mistake. The point is we dont know, but everyone likes hyping it as a home invasion, like its something we all need to be aware and afraid of.

Chances are, neither you or anyone you know personally will be involved in a home invasion, but most of you will go out and buy a gun to protect against that very threat. And for those who think home invasions are a very real threat, go ask everyone you know who keeps a gun in their house for protection to see if they have had to use it to defend themselves. The overwhelming majority will tell you "No I havent, but Im glad its there, just in case."

So you now have a group of people who are armed to protect against something that most likely wont happen. Seems kinda silly dont you think?

You mean I need more? ;)

artmonkforHOF...Do you wear a seatbelt?

I agree there is fear mongering that goes on,but I also know the police response time in time of need is too long.

btw...you mean fully automatics are legal now?...or are you exaggerating a bit :silly:

My father wants one for this very reason. However my stepmother is strongly against it as I have three pretty young siblings. Personally, I think it is a persons choice to own a gun...just as long as it is registered and the user is safety trained and not a nutjob. I would buy a home alarm system before I buy a gun though. I cannot fathom shooting another human.

Yup.

And VT made me quite college so now I cant get a job.

9/11 made me decide never to walk in a high rise again - So now I'm limited on where to go.

the Antrax scare made me stop opening my mail - So I can't even get my goverment handouts.

The OK City bombing made me never walk in a goverment building again - So I can't even go to collect a hand out

And of course the Train Bombings in Europe made never want to take the train again - So I'm limmited on where I can go.

I would drive -But the Princess Diane thing made me scared to do that....

It's funny how events like this just work to cement the views we already have.

If your pro-gun-- Hell yeah, this just shows why you need a guhn to protect yourself.

If your pro gun control-- We need to get guns off the streets and make it harder for whackos and criminals to get a gun.

Me, I don't have a gun. I have a thermo nuclear device. If anyone attempts to break into my place it will be a bad night for the whole city. Then again, a lot of superheroes might be born.

It's hard to not think that it's at least possible that, were not he following his probation by not owning a firearm, we might be talking about a couple dead intruders instead of ST in the hospital. Obviously, it depends on how it went down. If they shot him before he had a chance to react, it probably wouldn't have mattered. I don't think this situation has any bearing on wether or not I need one but I had already become very interested in getting a gun for home defense purposes.

Makes me want to not have my income and address printed in the newspaper.

Also makes me wish it werent so easy to acquire a gun in this country.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

This is the problem. He would not need a gun if he could hide himself from society. Personally I am not fan of having guns in the home because I have heard of way to many kids who accidently shoot themselves because of the ignorance of some gun owners.

If I ever became someone in the public eye and had to defend my family then yes i would think of getting a gun.

If this was related to the accident a year ago this should send a message to all kids in college right now don't get involved with those in crime, it is as simple as that. There are people in this world that will do whatever they want if you piss them off.

Archived