Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I was a fan of the yellow pants at first, but I think I've over them now. They look fine with the burgundy jersey, but I don't like them with the white one.

That's exactly where I stand at this point. I was very pumped about the reintroduction of the gold pants. But I always kind of assumed our two pant colors would be gold and burgundy. 

I still love the look at home (burgundy over gold) but would love the white over burgundy on the road (or whenever we want to force a team to wear dark). 

• Like 1

Strangely, the only way I actually like the gold pants is with the white jersey.  It seems to be a good counterpoint to the burgundy helmet and helps balance out the color scheme.  The burgundy shirt, and helmet, looks awkward with that particular type of gold pant.  A very bold gold color for sure. 

------------

If we could make the smallest change in the world today I would say Brucie could keep his gold pants with the white shirt, but at least go back to white pants for the burgundy shirt. 

Not that I don't like the burgundy pants with white jersey, but I think Bruce likes his gold pants too much so he needs a fair trade.

Edited by Taco Bell

• 4 weeks later...

So the Packers wear those yellow pants. Any chance we go burgundy on white this Sunday?

No way, I don't think pant colors come into play whatsoever. 

Green Bay and Pittsburgh have played (even in the Super Bowl) with both teams only having yellow as an option. Also, teams play each other both wearing white pants all the time. 

I would love it if they only played in throwbacks for playoff games.  Basically as a reward for fans, only bust them out if the team makes it into the post season.  Like having your everyday suit versus your Sunday's best.  

I realize it would never happen, but I love the idea of having a whole new set of threads that only come out of the glass case when its time to fight for the Super Bowl.  Going into battle?  Better suit up old school.

• 2 weeks later...

The 80's - 90's look is by far the best looking. By far, nothing is remotely close.

The prototypical White over Burgundy look for home games and Burgundy over White OR even White over White with nice stripes on the pants is the way to go. It was THE symbol in the winning years.

Who's idea was it to go with the gawdy Yellow pants anyway? Bruce's? It just doesn't look good; it can be tolerable at home with Burgundy top, but the White over Yellow is just puke-inducing. No wonder we lost so much on the road; White signifies giving up and yellow signifies being scared. That's not the image for this team.

If they want to change things up a bit, have the White top w/ Burgundy pants, but with the top, have a curving Burgundy & Gold flame look on the lower part of the shirt. Gives them the 'en fuego' look.

• Like 1

I have never seen a bunch of men whine and cry so much over the color of football pants. The gold pants aren't going away no matter how many times its posted on here. Might as well get used to it.

Agreed. I don't give a flying **** what the team wears as long as they win. If they win, they can play in their pajamas for all I care

I have never seen a bunch of men whine and cry so much over the color of football pants. The gold pants aren't going away no matter how many times its posted on here. Might as well get used to it.

I love the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys, I just wish we could wear the burgundy pants with the white jerseys, because I consider that the more important  and nicer color

I love the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys, I just wish we could wear the burgundy pants with the white jerseys, because I consider that the more important  and nicer color

Nice post and I think that's the key item. In short, burgundy is our most identifiable color so it should be the most dominant color allowed in any given combination. So, when it can be the jersey color (either when we are at home or when our opponent opts to wear white), then gold is a perfectly fine secondary color for the pants. When burgundy cannot be the jersey color (meaning we have to or choose to wear white), it should be the secondary color for the pants. 

We share gold with a handful of other teams (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Rams depending on their scheme) but share burgundy with nobody. Therefore, it should be the most prominently displayed color. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 3

I love the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys, I just wish we could wear the burgundy pants with the white jerseys, because I consider that the more important and nicer color

Agree. This would be the best combo.

Sorry, but the uniforms do matter. The team looks sloppy in the yellowbrites simple as that.

I wouldn't use the word sloppy. The problem is, 80s jerseys, 70s pants and modern socks and helmets. Mismatched maybe, but not sloppy.