Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I have heard everyone will do one of these next year. And I have a bad feeling ours will look similar to the way the Jags did tonight.

Dallas is doing theirs for their thanksgiving game. Could be wrong but I think teams are wearing their color uniforms for the rest of the Thursday night games this season, so we could see ours on the Saturday night game the night after Christmas since that's the special Saturday edition of Thursday night football

I don't mind the color on color.

But i think the main reason people change the channel is because it's the Titans and Jags... with the caveat that both of these sorry teams are still in the hunt for their awful division.

Then that big first half with 3 field goals,, well,  i know i was thinking of ways to call in sick today and stay up for the rest of that barnburner..

I kind of liked the Guldens mustard / stick o' butter/ baby poop uniforms the jags had on.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

anyone know if the redskins will put out nikejerseys in 3x? (other than rg3).

I'm a big guy, 6'5 250 pounds and was super excited to see they are selling nike ST jerseys, but unfortunately only up to 2x, which would like a crop top on me

My RGIII is sized, a 44 was the smallest I could get at the time

(Which is almost a ball gown on me...I'm 4'10")

Dallas is doing theirs for their thanksgiving game. Could be wrong but I think teams are wearing their color uniforms for the rest of the Thursday night games this season, so we could see ours on the Saturday night game the night after Christmas since that's the special Saturday edition of Thursday night football

We'll have to wait til next year to know for sure.  This year's "Color Rush" is only a four game trial with the final game coming in Week 15 between the Bucs and Rams.

I don't mind color jerseys against color jerseys because inside of white but the color rush probably isn't the best idea.

I still have enjoyed it for teams that can naturally do it. That abomination that Jaxksonville was wearing last night offended everyone that tuned in.

They should just allow both teams normal color jerseys to be used on Thursday night .

Me neither. If the players wanted to go white on white, what's the problem? Allen's being a dictator type of boss with that move.

Sorry Allen, but your dad's era is not the most celebrated era of the Redskins. Bring back the white on burgundy home uni's and the occasional burgundy on white away uni's.

• Like 5

If we were one of the teams with the "color rush" uniforms it's likely we would've been wearing gold on gold; burgundy is too dark a color. Not sure if I could stand that.

Yellow on Yellow. And it would have been an abomination. But the other key component would have been the all solid one color socks, like Jax and Tenn last night. First your eyes throw up from the onslaught of mustard, then your esophagus throws up, mostly all the scotch you used to drown your memory of it. 

But I believe you may be right about the all yellow, like Jax, however, if I'm informed correctly, it's because we don't have the burgundy pants in rotation this year, thus excluding your all burgundy option. Which many people hate due to the association with Zorn, Swinging gate (NY), and the Pittsburgh fan takeover. 

But beyond that, I feel like we've got a two pronged crap attack going on here. Both the NFL with whatever the hell they're doing and then the Redskins with their hodgepodge combos. 

The NFL itself is ****ing up this uniform thing. It's actually having the opposite effect from what the free wheeling College system gives you. Mostly due to the laughable one helmet restrictions. Which seems so odd in contrast to the color rush mandate.

I just want to see some consistency with our uniform design. If we use the current yellow pants as the template, I'd want to see both burgundy and white iterations of that design. Meaning, replicate the same stripping along the sides of each base pant, altering the colors accordingly, of course. And maybe just a little bit of Al Davis stubbornness to reject the color rush trainwreck. 

• Like 2

Yellow on Yellow. And it would have been an abomination. But the other key component would have been the all solid one color socks, like Jax and Tenn last night. First your eyes throw up from the onslaught of mustard, then your esophagus throws up, mostly all the scotch you used to drown your memory of it. 

But I believe you may be right about the all yellow, like Jax, however, if I'm informed correctly, it's because we don't have the burgundy pants in rotation this year, thus excluding your all burgundy option. Which many people hate due to the association with Zorn, Swinging gate (NY), and the Pittsburgh fan takeover. 

But beyond that, I feel like we've got a two pronged crap attack going on here. Both the NFL with whatever the hell they're doing and then the Redskins with their hodgepodge combos. 

The NFL itself is ****ing up this uniform thing. It's actually having the opposite effect from what the free wheeling College system gives you. Mostly due to the laughable one helmet restrictions. Which seems so odd in contrast to the color rush mandate.

I just want to see some consistency with our uniform design. If we use the current yellow pants as the template, I'd want to see both burgundy and white iterations of that design. Meaning, replicate the same stripping along the sides of each base pant, altering the colors accordingly, of course. And maybe just a little bit of Al Davis stubbornness to reject the color rush trainwreck. 

I agree, here is a good looking mock up from a few years ago before the team brought back the gold pants:

dt11gold2-copia.png

Me neither. If the players wanted to go white on white, what's the problem? Allen's being a dictator type of boss with that move.

Sorry Allen, but your dad's era is not the most celebrated era of the Redskins. Bring back the white on burgundy home uni's and the occasional burgundy on white away uni's.

No thank you.  I never really liked the Burgundy on White.  That is not the team colors.  They are Burgundy & Gold.  The Gold pants are awesome, they just need tweaks.

What needs to happen is the piping / stripes need to be fixed and consistent, and the team needs to rotate between Gold, Burgundy, and White pants.

This would allow for White on Burgundy, Burgundy on Gold, White on Gold, White on White, etc...

Darken the colors slightly, fix the damn stripes already, and the uniform is perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the Gold pants but if the players would like to switch it up once in a while, I don't think it's a big deal to let it happen.

Really would like to see White on White or White/Burgundy Pants tonight vs Dallas for example.

I think the league rule is a bit silly, but I understand why they do it - if they didn't some teams would go absolutely crazy with lots of alternate uniforms.

I think it would be great if the league would allow teams to have three different jerseys and three different pants, which they could combine at their discretion. That would mean we could have the current home burgundy over gold, have the 80s home white over burgundy, have the throwbacks, have white on white, have burgundy over white, and even (god forbid) the Jim Zorn red and black burgundy/burgundy.

But wait, those of you who have reading comprehension skills are saying, we would need four sets of pants to do all that! Yes, but I'd work around that by finding a gold that can be used with both the regular burgundy jerseys and the throwbacks.

I'd also ditch the idiotic helmet rule. Seriously, wearing the same helmet all year long is unrealistic and unnecessary. Actually, I'd be curious to see if there are any data on efficacy of helmets' safety technology over time, as I'd imagine repeated hits to the helmet would lead to decreasing protection at some point.

And **** Dallas!

I think the league rule is a bit silly, but I understand why they do it - if they didn't some teams would go absolutely crazy with lots of alternate uniforms.

I think it would be great if the league would allow teams to have three different jerseys and three different pants, which they could combine at their discretion.

Pretty sure this is the rule.

Most teams elect standard home/away unis and add a throwback. I think there is a limit on when or how many times they can wear the throwbacks.

But teams with 3 different pants and jerseys can mix and match as much as they want like Panthers and Browns do.

Our third pants color this year is white.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Yes, our uniform is very similar to Green Bays.  When Vince Lombardi came over to the Redskins, he made the uniform look very similar to Green Bays, to include the "R" on the helmet. 

I am definitely not a fan of this uniform.  Would love to see the 80s / 90s uniforms back.