Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Maybe a few of you guys remember, but I broke the news that the Redskins would wear Throwbacks for the first since 1994, in the 2002 NFL season.

The guy at the Redskins store "tipped" me on it.

2003, I sold a Tahoe to Kennt Watson, and he told about the White on White for the first time ever, for the home opener, which if I believe correctly was against the Jets, and the first Thursday night opening game.

Reason I bring this up, is I have been told Monday night we will wear all white, Panthers Monday night, all white again and on Thanksgiving, we won't wear a color rush, but we will go throw backs, with Dallas wearing a reverse version of their throw backs.

Mam, I messed that all and dont knkw how to edit from my phone.

Steelers game, Monday night, all white.

• Like 2

The nostalgic middle aged crowd that can't let go are entitled to their opinion but hopefully the team brings back the white or burgundy pants soon. The team looks so bland in them ; I guess at the end of the day it's not an important issue but white on gold is WEAKKKK.

This " nostalgic crowd " you speak of, saw white with burgundy for 14 or 15 games a year.

For almost 31 years straight.

How would you like to wait 25 more years before seeing the burgundy pants again ? :)

• Like 1

Cool that Allen is letting them play around with combos a little more, but I would ditch the white pants for burgundy. I understand Allen's point that our colors are burgundy and gold...but to me that means that burgundy is our primary color and gold a secondary color. Because of that, I think burgundy should be on display no matter what:

Home: Burgundy over Gold

Road: White over Burgundy

Wear the throwbacks once or twice per year too...

I don't necessarily mind the White over White look, but if you're limited to 3 sets of pants, I'd choose Burgundy and Gold instead. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the white on white look to me like practice uniforms, we talking about practice.

Remind me of the KC Chiefs with Montana when they would wear the all white a lot. 

Have to agree on bringing back burgundy pants...the Windows 3.11 Hot Dog theme road uniforms have to go...well, they way of Windows 3.11

Glad to see mentions of how are stripes and shades of color don't seem to jive quite right, figure those have to be fixed.  I wouldn't mind us going to a matte finish helmet a la the Vikes,

• Like 1

Should just ditch the ugly throwbacks and go with burgundy, gold and white pants and then mix and match however the players decide.

I like the throwbacks. I love the idea of throwbacks in general and mostly like the current throwbacks that we use. I would love to see a version of these throwbacks at some point though: 

1963_Washington.png

• Like 2

Yeah, the white on white look to me like practice uniforms, we talking about practice.

Remind me of the KC Chiefs with Montana when they would wear the all white a lot. 

Have to agree on bringing back burgundy pants...the Windows 3.11 Hot Dog theme road uniforms have to go...well, they way of Windows 3.11

Glad to see mentions of how are stripes and shades of color don't seem to jive quite right, figure those have to be fixed.  I wouldn't mind us going to a matte finish helmet a la the Vikes,

Good call. I thought of that theme when first saw the gold/burgundy combo, but I couldn't remember where I knew it from. And people think Windows 10 is bad!

Drhd6RU.jpg

• Like 1

I like the throwbacks. I love the idea of throwbacks in general and mostly like the current throwbacks that we use. I would love to see a version of these throwbacks at some point though:

I like that helmet a lot and would be ok with a throwback of that I just hate the mud colored gold of the current throwback and this one. Also the darker burgundy. If that uniform were modernized a bit with the current color shades, I'd love it

I like that helmet a lot and would be ok with a throwback of that I just hate the mud colored gold of the current throwback and this one. Also the darker burgundy. If that uniform were modernized a bit with the current color shades, I'd love it

See, I actually love the colors. I also think that dark burgundy and grainy gold were the originally intended colors. If you look up burgundy on a color wheel, it's not really the color that we have now. The only change I would make to those throwbacks is change the red in the helmet feather to the gold in the pants. I get why it can't be the same burgundy, but it looks odd having an off shade of red. 

• Like 1

This " nostalgic crowd " you speak of, saw white with burgundy for 14 or 15 games a year.

For almost 31 years straight.

How would you like to wait 25 more years before seeing the burgundy pants again ? :)

I was gonna mention that, but you beat me to it. Sorry Bruce, but this look is SO much better than what we are going with now.

I just dont get why Bruce is SO married to the yellow pants. I know the team had them when his father was the coach but it was Lombardi who picked that set up. Along with the yellow helmet and circle R logo. He was trying to replicate the Packers look that he came from. 

For what it is worth, absolutely nothing on its own, but I hope Bruce (and Dan) listens to the fans a little bit I would like to see an update using the original darker Burgundy and true Gold (not yellow) whatever that may be. Whether it is what they currently use on the throwbacks or similar to the Seminoles, Saints or 49ers pants. Oversize the current logo a bit, maybe go to a single gold stripe on the helmet or no stripe and put the spear on the sleeves. Single stripe on the pants and keep the socks simple. Old school clean classic look.

HTTR 

White on white with a burgundy helmet is just so weird to me. Never liked that even when they did it every week when I was a kid.

But for Monday nights, that could be pretty damn cool especially if the crowd wears white or has white towels

Oh no man. The all whites were the best looking uni we've ever worn.  Somebody here has a gif of Santana scoring and celebrating in the end zone in the all whites. Sweet.

• Like 1

I was gonna mention that, but you beat me to it. Sorry Bruce, but this look is SO much better than what we are going with now.

You may have misunderstood me. I like the white with burgundy, and wouldn't mind seeing it a couple of times a year. It's a good looking uniform.

But, I don't want to see the burgundy pants return at the expense of the gold pants, and I definitely don't want to start wearing white at home again, because when you do that you end up wearing that same uniform 14 or 15 times a year.

I always wanted to see the gold pants return, and basically went through 31 seasons of white with burgundy almost every game.

31 years.

I just find it somewhat humorous that after not seeing the white with burgundy for just a few years, people are so impatiently waiting the return, while at the same time thinking this gold pants thing is getting old.

• Like 1

Just a public service reminder that our colors are Burgundy and Gold. And the Gold in the uniform is a shade called Maize. If you want to look at one of the best uniform combinations in the history of the league please look at my avatar. Thank you.

Don't bother. I've linked to various color palettes and written illustrations over the years.

• Like 3

I might be named after the "gold" pants. But still miss the burgundy ones. Also liked white in white.

Would really like to see the current uniform layout but darkened to match the true burgundy and gold. Hybrid of the 80th throwbacks and the design of the SB teams.

What NFL team uses those dull, muted color shades? Or any sports team.

There is a reason virtually every professional team uses brighter color shades for their uniforms.

are you serious?  Multiple teams in the NFL use black, the Browns actually use brown, The Bears use navy blue, the Rams, the Seahawks, the Bucs, the Broncos and Eagles all use color variations far darker than their late 80s early 90s colors

are you serious? Multiple teams in the NFL use black, the Browns actually use brown, The Bears use navy blue, the Rams, the Seahawks, the Bucs, the Broncos and Eagles all use color variations far darker than their late 80s early 90s colors

I didn't say dark colors. I said dull and muted colors like the burgundy and mud/tan gold of our throwbacks. navy blue, black and the other examples you provided are not examples of that.

The only exception I can see is Seattle's gray but that's their third color behind a darker blue and neon green which look pretty great together.

We should get Nike to redesign our jerseys once me move to our new stadium.

New team mindset -> new stadium -> new uniforms = new lombardi trophy? haha

No. Nike brought the original MLS teams these abominations, with the exception of DC United which was Adidas.mlsunveil.jpg?itok=IOhwAEZZ

• Like 2