Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Incorrect. We have been wearing white pants in training camp the last few years, including last year.

Google Redskins/Texans practice fight, which we all know was last year, and the entire team was wearing white Nike uniform pants.

I  believe he was talking about the burgundy tights with the stripes a.k.a the "Joe Gibbs" tights that Niles Paul and a few other players were wearing the other day. 

Many of us are wanting to see those as the away uniform.

I dip into this thread every once in awhile just for fun. Cracks me up how strong some are for/against some uniforms!

So true, but some of us are partial to the look of the 80's when winning was the norm.

Brucie comes in and wants to go retro in remembrance of his dad's team look, and it just doesn't jive with us.

You gotta admit, when the first game comes up, if they came outta the tunnel rockin' the burgundy pants/white top look with the towels hangin', the crowd would go nuts.

I'll be the first to admit I'm stuck in the 80's, but Bruce is stuck in the 70's; which decade had more SB appearances?

I really think that there should be a big overhaul. If you look at other teams like the Falcons, Chargers, etc - it's really cool and different when they wear their throwback jerseys. Our throwback jerseys are... meh, because we never switch it up.

Brucie may be stuck in the 70s - some folks might be stuck in the 80s. Why can't we move to the 21st century? Even as I type this, I realize that fans would revolt if the uniform strayed too far from the norm - I guess I just don't understand people...

Those Tampa uniforms are the absolute worst.  Every time I see their jersey I want to hit this snooze button on a digital alarm clock.  I still want to push for a matte finish helmet...looks old school, really like how it works for the Vikings.  Buffalo went back to their classic look with their uniform change and they look sharp. 

I know for sure, I don't want white pants and I don't want gold pants with white jerseys on the road.  It really looks like the circus came to town because it is not the same look as it was in the 70's when the Redskins were on the road.  Apples and oranges, colors just appear different now, whether it is the material, the lighting of the stadium, cameras and HD or a combination.  You look at the George Allen Redskins uniforms on the road back then and I don't want to throw up but it was a totally different look.

I grew up and associate success with the burgundy pants and white jerseys but also have to remember we wore those during Heath Shuler era and some real stink bombs of seasons.

• Like 2

Problem with a modern re-design is, you get the abominations like those fugly things down in Tampa. It appeals to the younger generation, but not to the middle aged and older.

There has to be a balance of taking an old look and updating it.

Tampa is even worse becUse they had arguably the best unis in all of football with the blood red/metallic pewter

• Like 1

Also, generally, would LOVE to see a white helmet concept at some point, those are always so sharp (like when the patriots did their current logo, but with their throwback color scheme/white helmet).

Here is a white helmet concept I made several years ago...

skins-white-new.jpg

• Like 1

I really think that there should be a big overhaul. If you look at other teams like the Falcons, Chargers, etc - it's really cool and different when they wear their throwback jerseys. Our throwback jerseys are... meh, because we never switch it up.

Brucie may be stuck in the 70s - some folks might be stuck in the 80s. Why can't we move to the 21st century? Even as I type this, I realize that fans would revolt if the uniform strayed too far from the norm - I guess I just don't understand people...

It's because, what about this team other than its history is worthwhile for last quarter century?  If you haven't been a fan of the name and the color and the uniform, what have you been a fan of, high blood pressure?  Hopefully we're on the precipice of changing that for good, but I completely understand the desire to hang on to the look...

• Like 2

Yeah, Ive never gotten the burg pants history connection. Maybe its because I moved to the area after the Joe Gibbs era had passed, but I associate those pants with nothing but misery.

They probably werent worn for longer than 10-12 years during the Pardee/Gibbs era. We've worn them in vain longer than we've worn them in glory.

I'd actually prefer sort of a 3D-ish spear helmet, and a darker gold/burgundy, for at minimum no other reason than to appease the people who have apparently never looked at an advanced color palette

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah, Ive never gotten the burg pants history connection. Maybe its because I moved to the area after the Joe Gibbs era had passed, but I associate those pants with nothing but misery.

They probably werent worn for longer than 10-12 years during the Pardee/Gibbs era. We've worn them in vain longer than we've worn them in glory.

I'd actually prefer sort of a 3D-ish spear helmet, and a darker gold/burgundy, for at minimum no other reason than to appease the people who have apparently never looked at an advanced color palette

it was still our most successful era ever

Problem with a modern re-design is, you get the abominations like those fugly things down in Tampa. It appeals to the younger generation, but not to the middle aged and older.

There has to be a balance of taking an old look and updating it.

My ugliest is close by; Jacksonville Jaguars.

Talk about putting vomit and a lava lamp in a blender and push ' puree' .

Something about Florida, maybe too much XTC floating around.

----------

To me, the white over burgundy look just seems cleaner, more updated. The unis now seem more appropriate for the 60's-70's.  There's only a few teams that can pull off a retro look combo into a newer look, and we're not one of them.

I'm wondering if Bruce [ a.k.a. Alec Baldwin with a bad hangover ] may be looking into bringing back the leather helmets too? Maybe make the jumbotron black & white, put the Redskinettes into 1 pc. body suits?

I just assume he retire, or be an honorary Redskin or something, and please take those gawdy tan-gold pants with him, being he likes them so much.

My ugliest is close by; Jacksonville Jaguars.

Talk about putting vomit and a lava lamp in a blender and push ' puree' .

Something about Florida, maybe too much XTC floating around.

----------

To me, the white over burgundy look just seems cleaner, more updated. The unis now seem more appropriate for the 60's-70's.  There's only a few teams that can pull off a retro look combo into a newer look, and we're not one of them.

I'm wondering if Bruce [ a.k.a. Alec Baldwin with a bad hangover ] may be looking into bringing back the leather helmets too? Maybe make the jumbotron black & white, put the Redskinettes into 1 pc. body suits?

I just assume he retire, or be an honorary Redskin or something, and please take those gawdy tan-gold pants with him, being he likes them so much.

considering the alternative is white pants or burgundy pants with white jerseys all the time no thank you.  I always wanted more of the burgundy jerseys when I was younger and am not interested in losing it.  I wish people would stop trying to get rid of color

considering the alternative is white pants or burgundy pants with white jerseys all the time no thank you.  I always wanted more of the burgundy jerseys when I was younger and am not interested in losing it.  I wish people would stop trying to get rid of color

Don't get me wrong, I like the burgundy pants, but a burgundy top as well? Thats a little too much. 

It would be great IMO if we went back to the 80's white top with the burgundy & gold striping and burgundy pants, hec even tweak the top a little bit, mess around with the striping a little, and the reverse for road games, and use the current jersey combo with throwback weeks only. 

I'm no good at posting pics, I need to learn, but sorry the gold-ish color pants  look outdated by 50 years; it just doesn't register with me as the uniform of one of the greatest sports franchises in the world. 

One day it will happen; eventually they will go back to the white over burgundy 80's look, and I will be a happy camper.

Don't get me wrong, I like the burgundy pants, but a burgundy top as well? Thats a little too much. 

It would be great IMO if we went back to the 80's white top with the burgundy & gold striping and burgundy pants, hec even tweak the top a little bit, mess around with the striping a little, and the reverse for road games, and use the current jersey combo with throwback weeks only. 

I'm no good at posting pics, I need to learn, but sorry the gold-ish color pants  look outdated by 50 years; it just doesn't register with me as the uniform of one of the greatest sports franchises in the world. 

One day it will happen; eventually they will go back to the white over burgundy 80's look, and I will be a happy camper.

no, I don't want the burgundy pants too, we wore that once or maybe twice during the Zorn era and it didn't work, plus funnily enough it showed the two weren't exactly the same color.  Basically I don't want white pants, under any circumstances so I don't want a uniform set up that could let it happen.  As for the Skins being outdated, they're the exact style of the Packers and Steelers.  You want to see a yellow goldish color looking out of date look at the Ravens wearing gold pants last December

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-ravens-rocking-gold-pants-for-the-first-time-ever-and-theyre-ugly/

I've said many times before in this thread.  My personal preference is to:

1.  Go with white jerseys and burgundy pants on the road.

2.  Go with burgundy jerseys and gold pants at home.

3.  Have an alternate 3rd throwback. (70th anny look or similar or 50s look as I think they may be doing that this year)

With that said, I would like to see the burgundy color stop being so "shiny" or "red" looking. I'd prefer a darker shade.  Along with the gold pants, I would like to get away from it looking "yellowish" and more like a brown mustard type look. 

Then the last thing: FIX the piping.  Make sure the stripes on the jersey sleeves match the pants and socks. Actually, my preference is to put the numbers on the shoulders, ditch the stripes on the sleeves and replace with the arrow.  Similar to the 70th throwbacks. I was always keen to them and have a Darrell Green 70th that I love.

I don't like a matte look for helmets.  Some look good, others, not.  But I don't want ours to look "metal flake" either.  Just plain burgundy paint.

• Like 1