Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I love how classic and clean those uniforms are. I really like the shoulder stripe. 

it's all a matter of taste, and why I feel sorry for the people who have to try to please everyone.  Cause where you see classic and clean, I see bland and boring

• Like 2

it's all a matter of taste, and why I feel sorry for the people who have to try to please everyone.  Cause where you see classic and clean, I see bland and boring

Yeah, unis are a totally subjective thing.  I love classic, traditional unis, but I'm not a fan of the unis above.  The Gulden's mustard gold is too bland for my taste.

Edited by StephenB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Solid Burgundy pants spotted at training camp worn by a smattering of defensive players, at least. I haven't noticed them on offense. Is this a sign of the return of burgundy pants during games? And will they not have stripes???

tempTC_Day4_PracticeD076--nfl_mezz_1280_tempTC_Day4_PracticeD054--nfl_mezz_1280_tempTC_Day4_PracticeD038--nfl_mezz_1280_

No. Just practice pants.

I don't know about that PJ.

Something like this has Bruce Allen written all over it. In 2010 we hadn't worn the gold pants in over 31 years and people were talking about it, and when Allen was asked about it, he would never come out and actually say it, but he would say things like,  " Well, our colors are burgundy and gold ". Then I remember a story, where he was being interviewed by Matt Terl ( I think ) and they were walking through the Team Store, and Allen directed Terls attention to a t-shirt that was hanging on a rack. A burgundy shirt that had a Redskins player on the front, but only from the torso down. With gold pants. " Now that's a nice shirt ! " Allen said to Terl. A few weeks later, here they come running out of the tunnel.

So, earlier this year Allen says we're going to do some things with our uniforms that the fans are really going to like, and after wearing the white pants almost exclusively in training camp for years, we've seen if I'm not mistaken, the white, the gold ( for the first time in training camp since the ' 70's, I think ), the burgundy with stripes ( for the first time in years ) and now burgundy with no stripes for the first time .... ever.

I was thinking those burgundy without stripes would look good with a white throwback uniform.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

I don't know about that PJ.

Something like this has Bruce Allen written all over it.

So, earlier this year Allen says we're going to do some things with our uniforms that the fans are really going to like, and after wearing the white pants almost exclusively in training camp for years, we've seen if I'm not mistaken, the white, the gold ( for the first time in training camp since the ' 70's, I think ), the burgundy with stripes ( for the first time in years ) and now burgundy with no stripes for the first time .... ever.

I was thinking those burgundy without stripes would look good with a white throwback uniform.

Perhaps there might be a change. But if you watch all the live training camps all across the NFL, a lot of other teams players are wearing generic practice pants without stripes.

I've said many times in this thread, I'm on record for;

Home- Burg jersey, gold pants

Road- White jersey, burg pants

Alt- throwbacks.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

I'm sure we'll have our McDonald's uniform as usual this year.

I hear you.  Wasn't there a story last year where some players and even Mr. Snyder were looking for a break from the eyesore clown get-up and Allen was all "NO!"

For the longest time I gave very little thought to the uniform.  What I did consider was stuff like the fact that our team wore a white jersey at home,  and because most opponents had home jerseys that were not white our team may have had some nice psychological continuity because they wore the same arrangement nearly every game. At least during Gibbs I.  

Frankly I'd rather not give sartorial matters more thought than that.  But like you say Ronald McDonald owns Bruce Allen's "mind" and more to the point there is a "we're badass and we're gonna kick YOUR ass"  element to the game of NFL football and who the **** is brutal and menacing in bright yellow pants?

Extremeskins Rules + Moderator Discretion are of utmost importance and as such I'll just encapsulate anything I have to say further about Allen by way of characterizing it as just pure refined absolute invective, and not actually type it. 

• Like 1

I'm just baffled how many fans don't seem to like our colors. Burgundy and gold are our primary colors, and, IMO, is a classic sports look (USC, etc).  Why WOULDN'T we wear them? 

Because it is a "classic" look, clearly not up to date, and being used for purely selfish reasons of one person.

• Like 3

A lot of people, myself included, like the look despite what the echochamber thinks here. 

"Echo chamber"? :rolleyes:

Like the look. No one is telling you not to. You seem to have the problem with folks not liking the look rather than the other way around.

"Echo chamber"? :rolleyes:

Like the look. No one is telling you not to. You seem to have the problem with folks not liking the look rather than the other way around.

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't get the idea behind white on white or whatever. It's boring. Every team has a white away. We have one of the best color combos in the NFL. Why not continue to use it?

• Like 1