Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope we do it. If Bruce Allen wasnt stuck in the 70s we might actually have a legit uniform update by now anyway. Who knows.  

I don’t even care for the all gold but it’s different and fun so what’s the big deal. Added bonus if it pisses Brucey off. 

I saw no evidence Snyder was interested in changing the unis until Bruce suggested it

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Color Rush as is, it's kind of to much of a good thing.  The pants worn with the various uniforms frequently look weird to me with the way they're striped or sometime aren't striped.

But I love the Gold jersey and think it would be incredible paired with the Burgundy pants

As for options I feel like Allen might say that the yellow against white would be to hard for color blind people to tell which team was which, though I don't know if that's true.  He might also suggest Burgundy on Burgundy since we have worn that before

• Like 1

It just feels like Nike half-stepped the design on the Skinz color rush uniforms.  We have such a rich history of uniforms and logos from which to draw inspiration. They could have made some really cool fauxbacks for us like they did for Denver and SanDiego last year, but instead all we get is the addition of all yellow socks and a yellow jersey to augment our standard home uniform. 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

This might sound a bit silly but if the Skins are going to be using the All Gold uniforms, wouldn't it be helpful to practice in the colours before the actual game?. Might not seem like a big point but in my view especially for Cousin's it would be very helpful. 

Just be sure to have sunglasses handy for yourself. You eyes will need it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope we do it. If Bruce Allen wasnt stuck in the 70s we might actually have a legit uniform update by now anyway. Who knows.  

I don’t even care for the all gold but it’s different and fun so what’s the big deal. Added bonus if it pisses Brucey off. 

I like tradition...those color rush uniforms are gawd awful.

44 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Way too much yellow.  Reminds me of French's mustard bottles.  It might be acceptable if the Skins were playing at Heinz field. ?

Yes, too much yellow.

I used to have a group of workplace folk routinely rib me that the Redskins were McDonalds' colors. **** got heavy at times. Who was the owner again? Ronald McDonald? The hanyesworth contract ... the Hamburglar. Where did Redskins fans live? R.McDonald house. Did Dan Snyder actually prefer the kids meal because of the size? 

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

eh, burgundy on burgundy, hopefully the shade will look better because back in that Pittsburgh game when they wore it, they sort of looked like Grape Ape. 

The NFL needs to do away with the color rush and Thursday Night Football before Thanksgiving.  Let teams have more alternate uniforms, within reason, and if they want or don't want to dress up like the San Diego Chicken, so be it. 

2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Yes, too much yellow.

I used to have a group of workplace folk routinely rib me that the Redskins were McDonalds' colors. **** got heavy at times. Who was the owner again? Ronald McDonald? The hanyesworth contract ... the Hamburglar. Where did Redskins fans live? R.McDonald house. Did Dan Snyder actually prefer the kids meal because of the size? 

Ronald who? It's the Hulkster Brother, Brother. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

An NBC Sports article that i was reading says the last time we wore all burgundy was 2008....didn’t we wear it again in 2009 in Dallas (a November 7-6 loss), and also in a Monday night game against the giants that season too (the swinging gate game)? 

Yes, we played great in that Dallas game and should have won 9-7 (Suisham missed a pretty easy FG that would have put us up 9-0). Dallas scored late to steal that W. 

7 hours ago, markmills67 said:

This might sound a bit silly but if the Skins are going to be using the All Gold uniforms, wouldn't it be helpful to practice in the colours before the actual game?. Might not seem like a big point but in my view especially for Cousin's it would be very helpful. 

HTTR 

I think that does sound silly.  I dont know how it will be helpful.  Its not like the Redskins would have wore gold and dallas burgundy!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yes, we played great in that Dallas game and should have won 9-7 (Suisham missed a pretty easy FG that would have put us up 9-0). Dallas scored late to steal that W. 

Yeah that was a boring game ? 

I think the only games in 2009 that we went burgundy on burgundy was that November game in Dallas (first matchup against them) and the second redskins/giants game, in December. One would think NBC Sports would do their research though to know when the actual last time the team used that uniform...