Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

On 6/13/2017 at 2:17 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah you're right I didn't notice one on anybody. Maybe they just don't add the patches until games start 

That was my guess.  While i'm sure they are "voting on captains", Kirk did not have a "C" logo either.  

The other thought i had was only the throwback week will have a patch.

The final thought I had now while typing was it still needs to be approved by NFL, therefore couldn't be used in the pics.

18 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

They should be...at least against us. 

Found it:

http://fansided.com/2017/06/14/cowboys-rumors-blue-uniforms-home-2017/

article about the bad luck blues:

1. Blue jerseys are a jinx

Back in the 1960s, team president Tex Schramm decided that the Cowboys would wear white jerseys at home, so that fans could see the different colors of the visiting team. It didn’t hurt that white is cooler to wear in the Texas heat.

Then in 1968, the Cowboys wore blue when they were upset by the Browns in the playoffs. Soon after, the Cowboys were also wearing blue when they lost Super Bowl V to the Colts, and the Blue Jersey Jinx stuck.

Nowadays, the Cowboys only wear blue when a road opponent, usually an NFC East team trying to throw them off, forces them to. The one exception is the annual Thanksgiving game when the team will wear a throwback version of their original blue jerseys with white raglan sleeves.

However, it created a minor stir last Thanksgiving when, because of a sudden NFL rule change, the Cowboys were required to wear their normal blue jerseys at home for the first time since their Cotton Bowl days. The Cowboys managed to overcome the jinx and beat the Raiders, 31-24, although superstitious fans were given pause when Dallas fumbled the opening kickoff and saw it returned for a touchdown.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/things-only-a-cowboys-fan-would-understand-070614

Also, just for fun I found this site that talks about Cowboys uniforms.  Looks like they have alot of "special" little things that they add to it that are unique to them.  Seems a bit like preferential treatment, is it even legal to modify uniforms like that?

https://m.espn.com/general/story?storyPage=lukas/071025&lang=ES

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, FunBunch7 said:

Anyone have any news on the Skins new color change?  Article says just a slight color change... I was wondering if these have already been rolled out for training camp or if they might have an unveiling for the season opener...?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/02/06/redskins-change-uniform-color/

If the predictions are correct, it'll be one of the few good decisions management has made lately. Though they're associated with the glory years of the Gibbs-era, the Redskins looked their best with darker shades of burgundy and gold, not the "dark red and yellow" we've seen during the later half of the team's history (with the exception of the 2002 uniforms for the 70th anniversary which seem to be loved universally).

Baugh_throws.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/15/2017 at 3:22 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

They should be...at least against us. 

Still angry at myself for going to bed early. I was a freshman in high school and I should have hit the hay hours before the fourth quarter anyway but I was sure the Redskins were going to lose because they just never could beat Dallas on Monday Night.

Then I watch the highlights the next morning. Couldn't believe they won that game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still think the coolest thing ever would be to let teams design a "playoffs only" uniform that they aren't allowed to wear until after week 17.  Assuming they get in of course.  Football equivalent of your Sunday's Best.

Edited by Reaper Skins

9 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

For my money, if we're not gonna go with the Burgundy pants for Away games, then I'd like to see the all White Away uniforms.

We went with white on burgundy for away games last season. My guess is we'll do the same this season. I liked it personally 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, carex said:

white pants stink.  They're plain and boring.  But I love the burgundy jerseys

My opinion as well. I loved the away uniforms last season. 

Im excited to find out what our color rush uniform will be for Thursday night football vs cowboys. I'd like to see the gold on gold look, like it shows on madden 17. I don't think I'd like the all white color rush look though. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so, we've got two Thursday games coming up.

Will the Skins be able to wear their proposed color rush unis for either?  Last year the late Thanksgiving game didn't require Color Rush rules.  And Dallas I think has white color rush and I'm not sure how yellow would look compared to that

Just now, carex said:

so, we've got two Thursday games coming up.

Will the Skins be able to wear their proposed color rush unis for either?  Last year the late Thanksgiving game didn't require Color Rush rules.  And Dallas I think has white color rush and I'm not sure how yellow would look compared to that

I'm sure they're hideous, but I kind of want to see the all gold for the Dallas TNF game...