Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

When I first heard we had a Thanksgiving game, I thought to myself that we would not wear the Color Rush unis this year since Color Rush unis aren't worn during Thanksgiving games.  Then I realized we play Dallas the following Thursday.  I bet we wear the all gold then.

Edited by StephenB

2 hours ago, StephenB said:

When I first heard we had a Thanksgiving game, I thought to myself that we would not wear the Color Rush unis this year since Color Rush unis aren't worn during Thanksgiving games.  Then I realized we play Dallas the following Thursday.  I bet we wear the all gold then.

Wait, I thought only the first two thanksgiving games (12:30 and 4:30) don't have to use color rush uniforms but the night game teams do. If that's not the case, that's a bummer, I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing ours against the Giants that night. 

Seeing as how we're the away team the following Thursday night, my guess is we'll wear the white on white color rush uniform and Dallas to wear their dark shade color rush uniform. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, I thought only the first two thanksgiving games (12:30 and 4:30) don't have to use color rush uniforms but the night game teams do. If that's not the case, that's a bummer, I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing ours against the Giants that night. 

Seeing as how we're the away team the following Thursday night, my guess is we'll wear the white on white color rush uniform and Dallas to wear their dark shade color rush uniform. 

Dallas hates wearing their blue uniforms.  They think they're bad luck.  My guess is they will want to wear white

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The Thanksgiving nightcap is exempt from Color Rush as well (since it's branded a NBC/SNF game versus NFLN/TNF game). Here's a pic from last year's nightcap.  Both teams have their regular duds on....

Colts vs. Steelers _OP_6_CP__1480047700085_50350769_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, SalisburySkinsfan said:

Looks like Nike released a "Vapor Untouchable Limited Player Jersey" recently. Looks a bit sleeker and more fitted. So far they have Kerrigan, Norman and Reed.

thumbCOTNPDCJ.jpg

Maybe now that the team is moving to this new template, they'll go back to a burgundy collar on the white jersey?

On 5/9/2017 at 1:04 PM, SalisburySkinsfan said:

Looks like Nike released a "Vapor Untouchable Limited Player Jersey" recently. Looks a bit sleeker and more fitted. So far they have Kerrigan, Norman and Reed.

thumbCOTNPDCJ.jpg

According to the rookie headshot photos taken today, there is no change in the collar of the burgundy home jersey, from last year.

Why can't they sell a version of the Jersey that has the sleeves cut how NFL players actually wear them? I hate short sleeves that go down to the elbow. They should sell "game" version jerseys where the sleeves are cut short barely coming past the shoulder, definitely not on the bicep. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:18 AM, -JB- said:

You actually want to see the Skins in that terrible all yellow uniform?!

Yeah I liked them. It was something different for us that wasn't pulled from 30 years before I was born. 

I dont care what the Redskins were wearing while Woodstock was happening. Their old jerseys have ugly colors and ugly designs so I'm tired of all these lame throwbacks alternates. Maybe one day the Redskins will join the rest of us in 2017

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

51 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why can't they sell a version of the Jersey that has the sleeves cut how NFL players actually wear them? I hate short sleeves that go down to the elbow. They should sell "game" version jerseys where the sleeves are cut short barely coming past the shoulder, definitely not on the bicep. 

Each individual player chooses if their sleeves are tight, or loose.

Also, players wear shoulder pads underneath.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I dont care what the Redskins were wearing while Woodstock was happening. Their old jerseys have ugly colors and ugly designs so I'm tired of all these lame throwbacks alternates. Maybe one day the Redskins will join the rest of us in 2017

The Redskins uniforms are the most beautiful sports uniforms on the planet.

I don't want some stupid seahawks/oregon ducks bedazzling done with our uni's. Even as alts it is still baby steps towards an entire uniform modification.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I don't want some stupid seahawks/oregon ducks bedazzling done with our uni's. Even as alts it is still baby steps towards an entire uniform modification.

I would not worry about this happening. The all gold uni is happening because the team was told it has to for the Color Rush  program. Keep in mind the team submitted a proposal at the league meetings to allow teams to opt out of Color Rush due to "garish uniforms". Management wants no part of some Nike cluster**** redesign.

• Like 2

Im always torn on this issue. Part of me wants an updated alternate for the Redskins but I also would like to avoid the league becoming anything like college with a million different uniforms for each team.

I love the deep-rooted tradition of the marquee NFL franchises like the Redskins and the uniforms that are a part of that tradition. All too often the "new and improved" of some teams uniforms end up looking dated sooner rater than later (see: Buccaneers, Jaguars). But sometimes an update can be done in good taste while keeping the overall classic theme like the recent Lions update. Its a fine line.

I'd welcome a better throwback with open arms though. The feather down the middle of the helmet replacing the stripe would seemingly work with the dumb NFL helmet rule. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they did player photo shoots today for the upcoming season. Since this is going to be the 85th anniversary this year, I expected to see a 85th anniversary patch on the jerseys. Are they not going to do that this year? There was a special patch 10 years ago on the jerseys for the 75th anniversary year.

2 hours ago, skins2victory said:

Looks like they did player photo shoots today for the upcoming season. Since this is going to be the 85th anniversary this year, I expected to see a 85th anniversary patch on the jerseys. Are they not going to do that this year? There was a special patch 10 years ago on the jerseys for the 75th anniversary year.

Yeah you're right I didn't notice one on anybody. Maybe they just don't add the patches until games start 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skins2victory said:

My guess is that we will not see anniversary patches on the jerseys.  The team usually reserves them for "milestone" anniversaries like 50th and 75th anniversaries.  Although, we did see a 70th patch.