Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

6 hours ago, chrisxcore said:

This must be one of the 'fun and exciting things' we're doing with our uniforms this year, according to Bruce. Something different anyway.

I'm actually a fan of the throwbacks... WITH the helmets that were supposed to go with them. I get the whole player safety thing, but it seems to me like there would be ways around that. 

It's all good, at least we got the white on burgundy look back. Hopefully it's here to stay!

I think he had to be referring to bringing back the burgundy pants. Which was a great idea and I am in his debt for that simple gesture. 

I might try to kiss him if given the chance if he actually allowed us to the wear the color rush uniforms. Not because they are amazing, though I do like them, but simply because it would show he is open to modern designs and ideas which could open the door to exciting tweaks or redesigns in the future. 

• Like 2

I think the Redskins' all yellow mustard Color Rush uniforms are downright hilarious. As for the throwback unis, as long as the shade of burgundy on the helmets matches the shade on either the jerseys or the pants, I'm OK with 'em. When they don't match...GAH! Like wearing a black blazer with navy blue pants.

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 9:18 PM, Wyndorf25 said:

I think the Redskins' all yellow mustard Color Rush uniforms are downright hilarious. As for the throwback unis, as long as the shade of burgundy on the helmets matches the shade on either the jerseys or the pants, I'm OK with 'em. When they don't match...GAH! Like wearing a black blazer with navy blue pants.

Until the NFL revokes the 1 helmet rule, that will never happen.

15 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Are we in throw backs against the Vikings?...looks like there practicing with the helmet

From all indications, yes, we will be wearing throwbacks. 

I like our throwbacks.  Not sure why some of our fans don't like them.  I know using the current helmet doesn't match.  I think their better than the Green Bay "bullseye" throwbacks, the Jets "not your colors" combo or the Steelers "Bumblebee-Jailbird" throwbacks.

Wish they would allow teams to get fitted for 2 helmets a year.  Not sure why it has to be only one from the league (stupid Goodell).  Technically the QBs and MLBs that wear the speaker in their helmet have backup helmets on the sidelines.  I've never understood the one helmet thing (other than the league doing a CYA).  If you wear a specific "model and size" and are fitted for your specific helmet, why can't you get fitted for a 2nd one that will have the same specifications as the first one? 

Stupid NFL. 

Edited by pjfootballer

I saw something on this recently. An equipment manager said the biggest issue is with discontinued helmets. If they could get every player in the league a second helmet in the same size and model they currently have then they could create a second version but that is not possible. That way they would simply insert their 'broken in" pads to the second shell.

Cousins and Davis (that I have noticed) along with A. Luck have switched this year due to their previous model being discontinued. P. Manning switched last year.

I dont agree with the rule either. Seams strange that a college can dictate head gear without liability and the NFL cannot.

HTTR

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 9:04 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think a lot of the reason is that now they can only use one helmet (for safety reasons). So, teams have to get creative on how to re-purpose their existing helmets for one week. 

why can't helmets be painted?

On November 10, 2016 at 10:33 AM, bentskin said:

I saw something on this recently. An equipment manager said the biggest issue is with discontinued helmets. If they could get every player in the league a second helmet in the same size and model they currently have then they could create a second version but that is not possible. That way they would simply insert their 'broken in" pads to the second shell.

Cousins and Davis (that I have noticed) along with A. Luck have switched this year due to their previous model being discontinued. P. Manning switched last year.

I dont agree with the rule either. Seams strange that a college can dictate head gear without liability and the NFL cannot.

HTTR

Thought it was just me that noticed when players switch helmets/facemasks. I know LeSean McCoy has. So has Mariota. Didn't think Luck had a different facemask from last year. Then again, I haven't watched many Colts games this year.

Speaking of facemasks: has anyone seen that abomination that the Eagles' punter wears? :ols:

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

8 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Thought it was just me that noticed when players switch helmets/facemasks. I know LeSean McCoy has. So has Mariota. Didn't think Luck had a different facemask from last year. Then again, I haven't watched many Colts games this year.

Speaking of facemasks: has anyone seen that abomination that the Eagles' punter wears? :ols:

I was referring to their helmets. Luck, Davis, P. Manning and Cousins all had the old Riddell Revolution that curved around the jaw. I am pretty sure that was discontinued and they switched to their current helmets. Cousins face mask like P. Manning's is very similar to his old one. I think Riddell did a custom for them.

kc1.JPG

kc2.JPG

3 hours ago, TK said:

Saw this while out n about yesterday. While I'm much more of a traditionalist when it comes to our colors/unis I gotta admit this piece from the old Ice lineup was sick in person. 

F0D4C9AE-835C-48BB-ABA0-BD7724A976D2_zps

I really like the oversize logo. I would like to see this incorporated in an update using our current style. Either no stripe or single yellow stripe and the darker maroon ala the throwbacks with the current logo oversized on the helmet. And get our stripes to match on jersey and pants. I personally would put spears on the jerseys (no stripes) and either a single or no stripe on the pants with solid socks. Old school simple look.But that's just me.

HTTR

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Of course they could - but I guess it's a pain in the ass to get them and paint them around practice schedules, etc. and then turn around and have to do it again for the next week's game. But, sure, I think they could be. 

They would be happy to do it but the new paints dont dry as fast as the old ones and there is not enough turn around time to get them back to practice after game day.

33 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

If they do, I'm wondering if those burgundy pants with no stripes that we saw in training camp, will make an appearance.

You know what, we saw the traditional burgundy pants during training camp and those came back into the fold.  Maybe the stripeless pants will be seen on field as well?

They aren't my cup of tea, but I can't knock them till I see them on field.

Edited by StephenB

I know we all have our opinion and Bruce is the one calling the shots but... If we are going to go throwback at least do a a better job with what you have. 

The one helmet rule means the burgandies will not match, but it does not mean the logos cant match. Just put the spear on the helmet and keep the old school sleeve logo.

For a permanent update. I would take this uni, darken the helmet w/ oversized logo and use a spear on the sleeves. Probably make the pants match the numbers. In the second photo, the lighting almost makes the helmets and jerseys match. 

s1.JPG

S2.JPG

Edited by bentskin