Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Saw this line in an RTD article here:

http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_5cbc0e49-9bd2-589c-9db2-f4f5cdcf258d.html

Are the Redskins wearing throwbacks this Thursday?

"At the locker next to Compton, linebacker Su’a Cravens was inspecting the new cleats he got for Thursday’s game, featuring the Redskins' spear logo."

Edited by SkinsGuy

49 minutes ago, superozman said:

Odd, they always do white at home!  Except for throwbacks, but their throwbacks involve a white helmet, so not sure if they are wearing them.  Interesting...

Yeah, they tweeted out their combination for Thursday's game.  Navy away jerseys with the throwback white pants.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Whoa. Dallas is going blue?  Images of Gary Hogeboom and curse of the Cowpies playing dark blue.

I don't want to jinx things (knock wood), but good things happen when we wear white at Dallas.  2005 and 2012 come to mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If it's just a color change, it's pretty forgettable. If it comes along with something more drastic it could be interesting. Either way, good find!

• Like 1

Just now, DC Lumber Co. said:

Probably just the subtle change needed to make the throwbacks not clash with the current helmet color due to stupid NFL helmet rule. Thats my guess at least.

Helmet clashing with our current helmets aside, those throwbacks are great uniforms. I'd love it if we stuck to them and made slight changes to our logo personally. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If it's just a color change, it's pretty forgettable. If it comes along with something more drastic it could be interesting. Either way, good find!

I like the darker burgundy like the throwbacks. I like that darker shade.  Still hate the mustard yellow pants tho!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

I like the darker burgundy like the throwbacks. I like that darker shade.  Still hate the mustard yellow pants tho!

I like the darker burgundy too, but I love the mustard pants.  I wouldn't mind seeing them darkened up slightly as well though.  

Here is a gold hex code I like:

The-Color-Gold-5.jpg

It's still more yellow than that hideous khaki gold color that the 49ers use (and the Redskins use for the throwbacks), but a little darker than the current gold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel Hog said:

I like the darker burgundy too, but I love the mustard pants.  I wouldn't mind seeing them darkened up slightly as well though.  

Here is a gold hex code I like:

The-Color-Gold-5.jpg

It's still more yellow than that hideous khaki gold color that the 49ers use (and the Redskins use for the throwbacks), but a little darker than the current gold.

The 49ers gold is much better than the yellow pants we wear.  

This is my periodic public service announcement to remind our fans that the shade of gold in the uniform in called "Maize". As in corn. Because our mascot is a Native American and the Native Americans created corn by selective breeding. Did you know that corn cannot live in the wild? It is wholly dependent on humans to distribute its seed and grow and pass on it genes.

So for the love of all that is awesome with football and native horticulture, stop calling our shade of gold "Mustard." It is "Maize." 

Thank you for your attention.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

At least make the helmets match the throwbacks.  I know it was due to the leather ones being outlawed, but that mismatch has gone on far too long to not be taken care of by now.  Looks super scrubby

Right, I would love that older version of the logo to become the new logo. I think that would be pretty cool and mirror what the Jets and Giants both did a while back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Section106 said:

This is my periodic public service announcement to remind our fans that the shade of gold in the uniform in called "Maize". As in corn. Because our mascot is a Native American and the Native Americans created corn by selective breeding. Did you know that corn cannot live in the wild? It is wholly dependent on humans to distribute its seed and grow and pass on it genes.

So for the love of all that is awesome with football and native horticulture, stop calling our shade of gold "Mustard." It is "Maize." 

Thank you for your attention.

They look corny.  Let's leave it at that !

• Like 3