Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

17 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

They should change it to throwback Thursdays and just give teams the option to wear their old school uniforms instead

I have never read or thought of this.  i like it!  but that damn helmet rule!!!!!  I hate that thing.

• Like 1

On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 7:50 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thank God the stupid color rush thing is over.  I watched a lot less football just because of that.  I also like the throwback thursday idea and agree the helmet rule is dumb.

Helmet rule is incredibly mind boggling so you mean to tell us that a billion dollar origination like the NFL can only provide 1 helmet that properly fits a player's head 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, c slag said:

Helmet rule is incredibly mind boggling so you mean to tell us that a billion dollar origination like the NFL can only provide 1 helmet that properly fits a player's head 

Right, I really don't understand it at all. It's either complete BS or it's a team admitting that anytime they need to replace a player's helmet for any reason they are putting that player at risk. 

• Like 1

You would think you’d want more than one helmet during the year to keep them from the wear and tear. The more you use it, the more susceptible it will be to cracking, breaking and getting weaker. Plus, add in TC and practice wear and tear. Makes no sense to not have at least two or three for the season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

You would think you’d want more than one helmet during the year to keep them from the wear and tear. The more you use it, the more susceptible it will be to cracking, breaking and getting weaker. Plus, add in TC and practice wear and tear. Makes no sense to not have at least two or three for the season.

It's not uncommon for helmets to break during the season. It happens. On my college team we had practice helmets and separate game day helmets. Depending on your position, you could go through several practice helmets as they were swapped out due to wear and tear or breakage. That could be different now. I'm old.

There is no real validity to the rule as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure it's a token "safety" gesture.

11 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

There is no real validity to the rule as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure it's a token "safety" gesture.

That's my feel too. It seems like they want to give the perception that they aren't just rolling out new helmets willy nilly for these players to wear each week. But, it's very strange because I'm not sure who would even make that assumption if each team had 2-3 helmets per player. In essence, they are refuting a claim that I can't imagine has ever been made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Isn't it that the only want one team helmet design, rather than several designs, not a single helmet per player?

Like we wanted to use the faux leather helmets with our retro uniforms, and NFL said no.

It's because of the one helmet rule. The NFL's claim is that helmets are like baseball gloves, and that players have to 'break them in.'

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/

What is the thinking behind the rule?

The idea is to limit the number of helmets that players wear during a season, because new helmets can be unsafe if they’re worn fresh out of the box, without a lengthy “break-in” period.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, c slag said:

Now that the schedule is released does anyone know what game this upcoming season the Redskins will be wearing the throwback uniform?

I'd guess either the Panthers or the following week against Dallas.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2018 at 9:51 PM, TK said:

I'd guess either the Panthers or the following week against Dallas.

Last time we did it vs. the Panthers, this happened...which was hysterical: 

"I have to say this, because it's been bothering me all day, and it's probably going to bother me for some time," Williams said after being asked an unrelated question Monday, according to Dan Steinberg of The Washington Post. "I got up this morning, I was feeling pretty good. Got my breakfast, got something to drink, got on the bus. Business as usual. I get over and I pick over the game day (program), and I'm looking at the (program), it's customary.

"And I look on there and it says homecoming. And I'm thinking to myself, like, this is the National Football League. Are you serious? Homecoming? Homecoming. And it's not like you tried to hide it. You blatantly put it on the front of the game day (program). And you're talking about somebody fired up today? I was pissed."

Williams says the whole team was motivated by the fact that the Redskins wore throwback uniforms and invited dozens of ex-Redskins to the game. The Panthers responded with a complete victory.

"I think it was their homecoming, which was kind of embarrassing for us to be in," quarterback Cam Newton said, via The Associated Press. "And that was a challenge. I think some of the guys took that and put it as a chip on their shoulder."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090388/article/deangelo-williams-offended-by-washington-redskins

I would love to see any update we make to incorporate feathers more...either on the helmet, as a pant stripe, something...

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, MontanaSkins said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-navy-jersey-schedule-released-for-2018-120358792/

According to this article our Redskins will be wearing white at home against Dallas. I have not been able to find any other information on jersey combos for 2018. 

Some other changes this year, for whoever is interested.

The Rams will be wearing Blue and Gold/Yellow for five of their eight home games.

image.jpeg.f057a501179b43e2b3248110739c7632.jpeg

The Titans have new uniforms and helmets this year.

image.jpeg.98add944de02769fdcec8370b7d41ec8.jpegimage.jpeg.e56c4e105d43be6f5237c8fe7839d9f1.jpeg

The Dolphins have refined their uniforms and helmets, removing the thin dark blue stripes.

image.jpeg.7464bf36910a7dc1d1b95afec87e091b.jpeg

And the Jaguars.

Image result for Jaguars new helmets unisImage result for Jaguars new helmets unis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I knew we were going to lose to the Colts the second i saw the Skins come out with the Burgundy Jerseys and white pants. You never wear the white pants at home. Reminded me of the Marty Schottenheimer era.

At homes its either Burgundy on Gold pants or Gibbs era White Jersey on Burgandy pants.

Never anger the fashion gods again, Get your **** together for the pack this week!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I knew we were going to lose to the Colts the second i saw the Skins come out with the Burgundy Jerseys and white pants. You never wear the white pants at home. Reminded me of the Marty Schottenheimer era.

At homes its either Burgundy on Gold pants or Gibbs era White Jersey on Burgandy pants.

Never anger the fashion gods again, Get your **** together for the pack this week!!!

Maybe they decided to retire the gold pants and it will be all burgandy and white combinations for the foreseeable future 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, carex said:

I hope not.  I always hated the white pants.

The white jersey burgandy pants or burgundy jersey white pants represent the Super Bowl seasons for me 

The gold pants are ok but kinda represent the Shanahans seasons to me at least