Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

See I want to see more black... I think it looks awesome.  If you want to see an idea do a google search for 'FSU Black Helmet'

The gloss OR the matte end up lookin pretty cool, and it's similar to our spear.  I absolutley would not include any yellow on a black helmet because we would straight up look like the Steelers.  

Piggybacking that if you look at FSU's alternate with the black jersey with burgundy sleeves, I could get down with a spin on that.. .if the helmet wasn't 2 toned.  

• Thanks 1

I'm not a fan of the "modern" designs like Tampa and Seattle but would be up for a minor update to the unis. I think a more traditional gold with a deeper burgundy would be a start. Then something would need to be done to have the stripe patterns be somewhat more of a match between helmet, jerseys, pants, and socks. You could still honor the past while updating for the future.

throwbackcombo91.jpg.f431bd6a9f3ed296d04f21227e9be082.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, httrMP said:

I'm not a fan of the "modern" designs like Tampa and Seattle but would be up for a minor update to the unis. I think a more traditional gold with a deeper burgundy would be a start. Then something would need to be done to have the stripe patterns be somewhat more of a match between helmet, jerseys, pants, and socks. You could still honor the past while updating for the future.

I'm good with that look. I have no issue with the "mustard yellows" but I think the dark gold is great as well. One thing I don't want to lose is the Indian Head, ever.

• Like 2

Yeah I hate that mud/sand gold color. I’d much prefer the brighter yellow gold we have now. 

The Bucs are an example of horrific uniform updates so I understand the concern. 

But I love Seattle’s completely new designs a few years ago and it suits them well. They went from being nothing special bland to having a unique and identifiable look to them. 

The Vikings and especially the Browns are examples of how you can slightly alter a classic look to modernize it while keeping the tradition. The Browns redesigns are perfect imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

..... I’d much prefer the brighter yellow gold we have now. 

The Vikings and especially the Browns are examples of how you can slightly alter a classic look to modernize it while keeping the tradition. The Browns redesigns are perfect imo. 

Agree about the gold.

And funny you say that because the Browns are already talking about changing again.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/03/30/cleveland-browns-fixing-uniform/

Finally!

While league rules prohibit the new uniforms from hitting the field until 2020, Haslam said that the Browns have started the process, according to Mary Kay Cabot at cleveland.com:

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

See I want to see more black... I think it looks awesome.  If you want to see an idea do a google search for 'FSU Black Helmet'

The gloss OR the matte end up lookin pretty cool, and it's similar to our spear.  I absolutley would not include any yellow on a black helmet because we would straight up look like the Steelers.  

Piggybacking that if you look at FSU's alternate with the black jersey with burgundy sleeves, I could get down with a spin on that.. .if the helmet wasn't 2 toned.  

No sir...I don’t like it. (Ren & Stimpy)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I was to do a modern uniform I would take the blueprint from the Patriots color rush. Turn the blue into burgundy, turn the red into gold. I really like the logo being on the Sleeves. Our logo would look great on the sleeves like that. White pants and you got a winner.

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Agree about the gold.

And funny you say that because the Browns are already talking about changing again.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/03/30/cleveland-browns-fixing-uniform/

That’s too bad because they are tight as hell. Something like 27 different combinations and they all looked pretty good even the solid colors white/white, orange/orange and brown/brown

It doesn’t have to be much, some can be more subtle than others, the last one obviously being the most drastic. 

Personally I would get rid of all Native American imagery from the team including feathers and just go with the R on the helmet. Be Redskins in name because of the color of our jerseys. Put that issue behind us while we push into a new direction and era for the teams look. 

8C2296FE-C927-43A5-956A-4D1A08CA293A.jpeg

86EA5314-8F50-4F66-A5AA-B13690220756.png

9A4CB55E-D3AA-4C5E-B02F-6AD833CC440E.jpeg

C866DA54-8BF1-4C0B-959F-976C003363D8.jpeg

F94E1814-CCF6-4F56-BC2D-EBF434B68EFF.jpeg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Black is for Raiders and funerals. We're the Redskins, I very much expect to see some form of red on the field. Not just a single red stripe across a shoulder or leg.

My suggestion with the Black in the jersey would have include the Red pants to match the sleeves... it wouldn't be a black out style uni... 

10 hours ago, skins2victory said:

If I was to do a modern uniform I would take the blueprint from the Patriots color rush. Turn the blue into burgundy, turn the red into gold. I really like the logo being on the Sleeves. Our logo would look great on the sleeves like that. White pants and you got a winner.

So something like this?

asp2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, httrMP said:

So something like this?

asp2.jpg

I do not think that looks good, I like our uniforms as is. The red on yellow pants for home and the white on red pants for away with the burgundy on burgundy for alternate is OK with me. 

@httrMP Again, a great job with the uniform editing on the Smith picture. I am amazed that some of you are able to do such quality with these uniform concepts on existing pictures. After looking at it a second time, I do think I would make a couple changes. In that picture the secondary color would seem to be white. My personal opinion, I would rather see the stripes on the sleeves reversed. Making two gold stripes and one smaller sized white stripe in the middle. Thus this would mean changing the stripes on the helmet as well to match. My favorite part of the jersey is the logo on the sleeves. Just being picky, I think they are slightly too large in this photo, I would shrink them down just a bit. Unfortunately none of this matters because it doesn't sound as if a uniform change has been suggested for our future anyway. But it is fun to mess around with new ideas, and those are just my personal takes. Thanks for the cool concept.

@Momma There Goes That ManI really like the burgundy pants on the Portis and Moss concept pictures. I like how the stripes on them are just 2 gold stripes, with no white stripe. That looks sharp IMO.

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It doesn’t have to be much, some can be more subtle than others, the last one obviously being the most drastic. 

Personally I would get rid of all Native American imagery from the team including feathers and just go with the R on the helmet. Be Redskins in name because of the color of our jerseys. Put that issue behind us while we push into a new direction and era for the teams look. 

I like it, but damn the black. Damn it to the 9th Circle.... furthest from the light of Joe Gibbs

I mean this is all wishful thinking though, right?

No way in hell our uniform is gonna change under Snyder or Allen. Even if Bruce Allen gets canned, Snyder will just revert to his boyhood "memories" uniform combo.

Innovation and change isn't exactly these guys' mantra. 

• Sad 1

My sense, coming from outsiders, has been that Washington likes Guice, Penny and Nick Chubb as its top three options at running back. Whether it plays out that way remains to be seen. But running back is a priority and if they truly want to upgrade, it makes sense to target one in this round.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/36162/todd-mcshay-mel-kiper-agree-vita-vea-makes-sense-for-redskins

Not only did the Lions have a private film session with LSU RB Derrius Guice https://on.freep.com/2q6LJVp  but RBs coach David Walker helped run RB drills at pro day today

@LedyardNFLDraft has Guice as his #3 overall prospect and #1 RB. ?

DZ-7lPsV4AAaCh0.jpg
Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Somebody edit the Seahawks unis into B&G.

I tried:

otherwashington.jpg.54563dd356200f4c15f4217e761e534f.jpg

4 hours ago, skins2victory said:

@httrMP Again, a great job with the uniform editing on the Smith picture. I am amazed that some of you are able to do such quality with these uniform concepts on existing pictures. After looking at it a second time, I do think I would make a couple changes. In that picture the secondary color would seem to be white. My personal opinion, I would rather see the stripes on the sleeves reversed. Making two gold stripes and one smaller sized white stripe in the middle. Thus this would mean changing the stripes on the helmet as well to match. My favorite part of the jersey is the logo on the sleeves. Just being picky, I think they are slightly too large in this photo, I would shrink them down just a bit. Unfortunately none of this matters because it doesn't sound as if a uniform change has been suggested for our future anyway. But it is fun to mess around with new ideas, and those are just my personal takes. Thanks for the cool concept.

Thanks. Glad you liked it. I kind of had to rush it to get to work on time. Here it is again with the suggestions you made:

asp3.jpg.bcd442b6758b3e00e559396980c868d7.jpg

• Like 2