Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

17 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Not a Conor fan but I hope he didn’t break his leg. Even tho he got worked by Dustin. He had some success. 

Rematch. 

I love it, Dustin being ruthless. 

I guess you can sympathize with those weak ankles.

Let's be honest McGregor was getting smashed before the injury. The fight was a couple well placed strikes from being finished and the only reason Porier let him up is because Connor was cheating by sticking his fingers inside Dustin's gloves to pull him down into the upkicks, and the ref was not doing anything about it so Porier backed away and let him get back up.  Connor was busted up and looking gassed.  He hasn't evolved his game and was on his way to get dominated until he was put out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw McGregor claiming a titanium rod in his leg would give him an advantage over his opponents.

Hey, it worked for Narcissist Lex Luger in the early 90's when he used a loaded forearm to make a run for the WWF championship.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea it's definitely easy to envision it ending within 2 rounds.

I'm seeing a 4 or 5 round fight as a realistic possibility though, partly because if we look at which past opponent of Gane most resembles Lewis, especially in power and size, it's got to be Rozenstruik. And Gane was able to go the 5 Round distance with him, and get a W.

And I can see Gane using a combination of his versatility and his fight IQ, to stay out of trouble, even though accomplishing that is far from a guarantee in this style of fighting.

Interesting, Gane is not only 9-0 professionally in MMA, but he also never lost in Muay Thai, with a 13-0 record there.

22-0 in professional combat

Though, not with a tremendous amount of confidence, I am predicting he keeps the zero

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, China said:

How stale is the UFC?  Lawler and Diaz fought 17 years ago and they're fighting again.  Don't they have any new blood?

It's not even the co-main event.  2 fights will happen after it.  There is a massive amount of new blood. People are buzzing about that fight because Nick is back, and it's nostalgic.

As far as it being "stale", that seems largely subjective.  I think it's harder to follow.  There were 5 divisions 14 years ago, and now there are 12.  The PPVs and SpikeTV events were few and far between.  Easy to hyper analyze because that's all you had.  Even the addition of the WEC divisions was easy to digest.  Now, there's an event every other week.  Oversaturation?  Maybe.

I used to watch every UFC event until about 4 years ago. I think it’s been a bad move by the UFC to cut a bunch if their big names like the Pride veterans over the past year. On top of that, not only are there way too many cards but most of the PPVs don’t get me excited and, even if they have a great main event, the co-main usually sucks and the card is light overall 

• 3 weeks later...

Rumble is facing the toughest opponent of his life...

Anthony Johnson puts combat career on hold with serious illness - ‘Never been this afraid of anything in my life’

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/9/18/22681309/anthony-johnson-combat-career-hold-serious-illness-never-been-afraid-anything-my-life-mma-bellator

Earlier today (Sat., Sept. 18, 2021) it was reported that Anthony Johnson was forced out of his Light Heavyweight title fight against division champion Vadim Nemkov, which was scheduled to go down as part of the Grand Prix tournament at Bellator 268 on Oct. 16.

While details relating to what actually forced “Rumble” out of the bout remain unclear, the situation appears to be very serious for the former two-time Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title contender. Johnson released a statement on social media asking for prayers from his fans as he goes through a health issue that has him very worried and “afraid.”

On 8/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, China said:

How stale is the UFC?  Lawler and Diaz fought 17 years ago and they're fighting again.  Don't they have any new blood?

I'm kind of curious how the Penn State - MMA pipeline may look in a few years, or NCAA wrestling to MMA in general.  Penn State had a wrestling alum, Phil Davis, who made a little bit of noise years ago and is in Bellator.  Ed Ruth was the next, he's in Bellator also.

The next two guys from Penn State making their MMA debuts shortly are Bo Nickal and Anthony Cassar.  Nickal in particular was a three time national champ and looks like Gumby but was nuts on the mat.  He could make a lot of noise if he has learned how to strike.  Cassar is basically a walking NJ guido stereotype but he certainly has the right attitude for MMA.

There are prospects from other schools, but a lot of them have Olympic aspirations which they need to figure out before transitioning.

Diaz/Lawler 2 has been moved to 185 per Nick's request.  A little ugly, on Nick's part IMO.  Lawler is classy as always, but you can tell he's a little perturbed.

I think Robbie is one of the most amazing MMA stories of all time.  When he was in Strikeforce, getting kicked in the leg by Manhoef...if you told me he'd eventually be the UFC champion, I'da laughed.  To me, he was a journeyman at that point, getting chopped down like a tree.  Then of course he suddenly knocks Manhoef out in scary fashion.  That was the beginning of his run to the UFC belt, in my estimation.

Dude made an awesome resurgence out of novelty.  He throws punches like they are shot out of howitzers.  I'm rooting for him.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I have a question...

Why is Amanda anointed the CLEAR GOAT, while a woman lighter than her gave her extreme problems and arguably beat her?

Respect on Valentina's name.

This is a gimme...look at the odds, holy crap.

Valentina reminds me of Shogun when Chuck was a superstar.  Nobody knew about Shogun.  Shame she's not a little bigger...Amanda would be replaced, IMO.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:57 AM, Forehead said:

I'm kind of curious how the Penn State - MMA pipeline may look in a few years, or NCAA wrestling to MMA in general.  Penn State had a wrestling alum, Phil Davis, who made a little bit of noise years ago and is in Bellator.

He was champion of LHW at one point too (Bellator)

He's kind of under-rated.

Perhaps the most amazing aspect of his career, is that in 30 professional MMA fights, he has never, ever been finished, any kind of way. Never KO'd, never submitted, etc.

That's impressive, considering that many pro fights and high-level opponents.

And wow, Jon Jones arrested again, on a new charge ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

On 9/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I have a question...

Why is Amanda anointed the CLEAR GOAT, while a woman lighter than her gave her extreme problems and arguably beat her?

Respect on Valentina's name.

This is a gimme...look at the odds, holy crap.

Valentina reminds me of Shogun when Chuck was a superstar.  Nobody knew about Shogun.  Shame she's not a little bigger...Amanda would be replaced, IMO.

It’s cause Amanda has two “wins” over Valentina and because Amanda koed Cris who was the p4p female fighter. I think Valentina is p4p woman fighter IMO.