Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just realized that today's event Holloway/Kattar is completely free, on ABC.

Is that Dana's "surprise for the mother ****in pirates" ?

Lmao!  I literally just read that on a headline before coming here.  30 seconds ago I said "ABC? oh my gahd....."

That's the last major network I imagined showing MMA, much less the UFC.  Is Kevin Hart and Meryl Streep going to start dating now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'll never forget Leben's fight against Wanderlei back in 2011.

That's what made me a fan of his. Just vicious and savage.

Unfortunately, his UFC career just went downhill from there, as it was read to wind down

I admire Leben for beating his substace addictions.  Turns out he's a really decent guy.

He sure is built like a truck, especially now.  Those two were throwing monster shots, he still has a good chin.

The first thing I think of though, is how Anderson landed 100% of his strikes against him.  I'll have to go back and check, because I'm pretty sure that actually happened.

Good dude, classic character and fighter.  Wouldn't be surprised if he lands a job in broadcasting for the sport with that gravely, grizzly voice.  😆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, I think that all depends on if Leben goes the same route as Rogan's "brain-enhancing supplements" 😀

Have you ever tried DMT?

It's either you have to be a former champion, or Dan Hardy to be a part of the other UFC talkers...from what it looks like.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Have you ever tried DMT?

It's either you have to be a former champion, or Dan Hardy to be a part of the other UFC talkers...from what it looks like.

Or white? Jk jk. Or am I? 

hmm off the top of my head for non former champions

brain Stan 

kenny Florian

paul Feder

michael bisping (fake champion)

Dan Hardy

As good as Volkov looked tonight, Reem looked equally as bad.  Slow, sluggish, looking for a 1 punch HR KO entire time.  We know Volkov is a big guy with a long reach, but he did pretty much exactly what anyone would expect him to and still Reem really had nothing.  He should probably hang things up at this point.  He is 40, had a great career pre-MMA and managed to still become a top MMA HW for a period of time.

Also, I hope Edgar reties.  That knee to the face/head he took is the last strike he ever belongs taking in a fight. Ever.  

• Like 1

Reem has steadily lost all that ridiculous muscle mass and definition to the point where he almost looks like a regular dude.  It's ****ing insane.  The guy went through 3 completely separate body types through his career.  Skinny, bodybuilder, regular big man.

I don't know how much credit you can give him in his horse meat phase, and and a certain time after that.  He just blasted thru people he may not have if he wasn't that damn strong.

Edgar...damn.  That was ugly.  Legend in my eyes.

21 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Have you ever tried DMT?

Nah, but I might give Alpha Brain a try 😛

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Reem has steadily lost all that ridiculous muscle mass and definition to the point where he almost looks like a regular dude.  It's ****ing insane.  The guy went through 3 completely separate body types through his career.  Skinny, bodybuilder, regular big man.

I don't know. It's kind of hard to tell how his body looks, when these things get in the way... 😛

08361e2c12ea36db8702e7a1efef1795.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

I get the whole weight cut thing to a certain extent but supposed badasses that feel the need to cut weight to the point of being health threatening?  🤦‍♂️   Stop trying to beat up the little guy ffs.

Supposed badasses.  Lol.  I mean they aren't combat military, but willfully going in there knowing your brain and body could be permanantly damaged makes them badasses, regardless of the weight cut issue.

Everybody cuts weight now.  Size differences come fight time aren't dramatic.

I will say that a complete revamping of the weight subject would be refreshing.  Weigh in on fight night, perhaps.  Everybody would move up a weight class, and be fresh as can be.  Problem would be the heavyweights who cut, but maybe push the limit higher or make a new weight class for the largest of em.  That gap between 205 and 265 would have to add a new weight class for the former light heavyweights, as well.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

32 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

1. Supposed badasses.  

2. Everybody cuts weight now.  Size differences come fight time aren't dramatic.

3. I will say that a complete revamping of the weight subject would be refreshing.  Weigh in on fight night, perhaps.  Everybody would move up a weight class, and be fresh as can be.  

1. Touché, the weight cut thing just drives me batty. 

2.  I get the weight cut in principle but coming to the weigh-in looking like skeletor or passing out then blowing back up in 24 hrs seems,......idk.  Something less than in the spirit of competition.

3.  Agree, weigh-in/compete.  Would negate point 2.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

Rogan cracks me up. I just had to do another impersonation of him.

This happens a lot.

First round of a fight, and we're only 45 seconds into the fight...

Rogan : There it is ! There it is ! He's got it ! He's got it ! He's gonna submit him !

4 rounds later in the 5th round of the same fight...

Rogan : There it is ! There it is ! He's got it ! He's got it ! He's gonna submit him !

Either that ending, or the opposite guy ends up submitting

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

Derrick Lewis hulk smashed an already-knocked out Curtis Blades with follow-up ground bombs to the chin last night.  That was ugly.  You could hear Blades grimacing in discomfort as he was waking up.  That whine people do with every exhale after being horribly knocked out.

Lewis is such a stoic fighter.  It's almost as if he doesn't seem interested, lol.  But then the bomb drops and it's goodbye.  Blades dove right in to a short uppercut.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Derrick Lewis hulk smashed an already-knocked out Curtis Blades with follow-up ground bombs to the chin last night.  That was ugly.  You could hear Blades grimacing in discomfort as he was waking up.  That whine people do with every exhale after being horribly knocked out.

3 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Blaydes was out. The 2 follow-up shots were unnecessary. 

That's Herb Dean's fault :)

Herb Dean is going to start an MMA Referee School.

His first class he teaches, MMA Refereeing 101, he'll start out by telling the class, and prospective referees, "Ok class. Rule #1...If he dies, he dies" as Dean shrugs his shoulders.

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, ksun247 said:

The 2 follow-up shots were unnecessary. 

Emotionally, I agree. Strategically though, the fighters are taught to keep fighting until the ref stops it. I was cringing as Derrick went in for those last punches though. It was obvious to all viewers that Curtis was dreaming for 1.5 seconds before he even fell.  😬 

• Like 1

Watching Lewis fight, he seems like such an overachiever in the context of fighting in the modern era of MMA.  He seems like more of a throwback to the days when the HW division featured lower level skillsets but heavy handed sluggers.  Not to mention the guy is hilarious whenever he speaks.

11 hours ago, Chachie said:

Emotionally, I agree. Strategically though, the fighters are taught to keep fighting until the ref stops it. I was cringing as Derrick went in for those last punches though. It was obvious to all viewers that Curtis was dreaming for 1.5 seconds before he even fell.  😬 

Whenever I see what people consider a "late stoppage", I think of the Pat Barry vs Cheick Kongo fight.

That could have easily justified stopping the fight - and more than once...and if it was, it literally would have had the opposite result.

One of the craziest and best fights ever.

Moving on, I can't believe it's 5 weeks between UFC events. And we have to wait til March 27th

But looking ahead to Bellator in April - it will be Rumble Johnson vs Yoel Romero. Utterly, WOW !

• Like 1