Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Adesanya says he's going to return back to MW, and "rule that ****".

I really don't think so.

I think it's going to be tougher for him now, because he didn't just simply get beat by a bigger LHW, but that LHW also exposed him to a degree, and also laid a bit of a blueprint on how to beat him. And that blueprint is capable of being accomplished by some of these MW's

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Adesanya says he's going to return back to MW, and "rule that ****".

I really don't think so.

I think it's going to be tougher for him now, because he didn't just simply get beat by a bigger LHW, but that LHW also exposed him to a degree, and also laid a bit of a blueprint on how to beat him. And that blueprint is capable of being accomplished by some of these MW's

I mean to be fair to Izzy, he hung with and obliterated most of the heavy-hitters in the MW division.  If I were him I would be more worried about opponents who are above average wrestlers that can get inside, take him down, and keep him down.  The difference is at MW he isn't going to be outweighed by 30lbs or more so his strength won't be neutralized.  Hard to watch the weigh-in going into Saturday and not notice just how much smaller Adesanya looked despite being taller. 

Nunes probably just effectively ended the 145lb division in a total of what, 42 seconds?  

WTF was Yan thinking with that knee?  I don't get it.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

UFC announced that 261 next month will be in an arena full of fans.

First time in over a year.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I was starting to enjoy being able to hear almost everything that happened in the cage.

Yikes.  That will be a huge talking point, a horrible look in many eyes.  Will this be the first full-gate in any sport since Covid started?

Its weird, people slowly being allowed back in stadiums/arenas.  Must you have been vaccinated?  What are the protocols, if any?  People will be taking down their masks, for sure.  Yelling "just bleed"...

Dana loves this shine.  Always has.  Any press is good press.

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Yikes.  That will be a huge talking point, a horrible look in many eyes.  Will this be the first full-gate in any sport since Covid started?

Its weird, people slowly being allowed back in stadiums/arenas.  Must you have been vaccinated?  What are the protocols, if any?  People will be taking down their masks, for sure.  Yelling "just bleed"...

Dana loves this shine.  Always has.  Any press is good press.

Well...it's Florida...so I imagine someone will put this in the "Oh yea, it's Florida" thread ;)

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

'UFC announced that 261 next month will be in an arena full of fans.

First time in over a year.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I was starting to enjoy being able to hear almost everything that happened in the cage.

There is only one way to feel about it. Profit over the health & safety of people.  End of story.  The country is so close and is on track for where it needs to be, and Dana (not just him, but he is the face) is basically slithering their way around look for the few places that would allow this knowing full well the possible ramifications of cause spikes & outbreaks.  I didn't see anything in his press conference about how they would ensure the safety of the fighters and/or the attendees for the event, nope it was merely....."Florida said we could, so we are"   They were already turned down by local Dallas officials despite Abbott "opening up Texas"  When Texas thinks you're nuts, there is pretty only one place left to turn for a second opinion.....Florida. 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A lot of casuals that are overly enamored by manly muscles, will be extremely disappointed when Miocic wins yet again tonight.

Dude lol.  It's definitely not about manly muscles.  How about he pops people's skulls like balloons and his hands are needles. There ya go.  If his TDD has improved greatly, and I'm sure he's been training on that religiously...watch out.

I love Firefighters and Stipe is the man.  Nothing but respect.  I think he gets starched here.

59 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Dude lol.  It's definitely not about manly muscles.  How about he pops people's skulls like balloons and his hands are needles. There ya go.  If his TDD has improved greatly, and I'm sure he's been training on that religiously...watch out.

I love Firefighters and Stipe is the man.  Nothing but respect.  I think he gets starched here.

Of course, I do respect his power. But it's like they say, about powerful fighters going against crafty fighters ; you still have to connect in order for that power to manifest.

And I don't believe that he actually will do that, and for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Of course, I do respect his power. But it's like they say, about powerful fighters going against crafty fighters ; you still have to connect in order for that power to manifest.

And I don't believe that he actually will do that, and for a variety of reasons.

I feel the upset here.  If he can't take him down and keep him there...I think the advantage goes to Francis.  Especially since Stipe is so worn from wars.

Francis learned MMA recently and is in the midst of his second METEORIC rise.  I think the sprawl was his biggest training regiment.  After that, escaping from the bottom.  Period.

Stipe fighting standing against Francis?  I'll take Francis.

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS.

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I feel the upset here.  If he can't take him down and keep him there...I think the advantage goes to Francis.  Especially since Stipe is so worn from wars.

Francis learned MMA recently and is in the midst of his second METEORIC rise.  I think the sprawl was his biggest training regiment.  After that, escaping from the bottom.  Period.

Stipe fighting standing against Francis?  I'll take Francis.

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS.

Well then, since you already know that I am a fan of your MMA Reaction Videos, this situation above all, will call for you to set up a live reaction, so I can see that look of shock on your face when Miocic delivers a TKO in the 4th Round :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Francis with the straight domination on Stipe. Jon Jones next??

Honestly, a Jones fight does not interest or excite me much.

I think what we all would really like to see, is Rumble vs. Ng

Isn't Rumble coming back ?

Other possibilities, are a rematch of Ng vs. Lewis. Or even a rematch of Ng vs. Stipe.

Stipe got an immediate rematch against DC, after getting knocked out, so I could see that happening. Especially since he came out even better after the DC loss, with 2 straight wins against him. And the DC loss was even more a case of being dominated, than the Ng fight, with Stipe getting KO'd in the 1st Round on that one.

I picked Francis in my pick 'em but I was less sure about it than a lot of people.  Once he stuffed that first take down and pretty much turned it into his own takedown with vicious ground & pound to go with it, I felt that Stipe was up against a vastly different opponent.  Now, I will say in the 2nd round I think Stipe landed a good shot that possibly stunned Francis or at least shook him up a bit but Stipe made the same error Fedor did against Werdum and overestimated the damage done, rushed in and was caught.  Had Stipe not overreacted to that punch he landed, I would have been interested to see how the rest of the round played out.  He very easily still could have got finished since Francis was having a lot of success I was just sort of pondering about it because Stipe got finished right after he landed his most significant strike of the fight. 

Dana going full Dana and immediately pivoting away from Jon Jones vs Francis being next the second Bones asked to be compensated properly.  Now look, I have plenty of issue with Jon Jones's antic over the years and the preferential treatment he has received despite his screw ups and blatant cheating, however isolating this specific situation out from the guy's career, what exactly is so outrageous about Bones tweeting "show me the money" when it comes to a super fight against Ngannou?   It's funny to me how the entire MMA media and UFC commentators had been buzzing about this potential fight (fighting the winner of the title fight) the minute Bones announced moving up to HW yet Dana does a complete 180 on it simply because Bones wants to get paid more?  

It's weird to me that in almost every other pro sport athletes are encouraged and congratulated for going and getting the money they deserve or at least think they deserve, but in MMA (mostly UFC) the minute a fighter speaks up on either their own pay or the issue of fighter pay in general Dana is right there in front of a microphone acting like that means they don't really want to fight at all.  Come on man.

Also, MMA media in itself continues to be a joke that is more concerned about access than actually being journalists.  No push back at all from any of them about fighter pay issues nor did any member in the pre or post fight press conference bring up the issue of holding sold out shows at indoor facilities when the country is still experiencing a pandemic.  No questions about ensuring safety, or why the capacity is not more limited etc etc.......

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

I don't want to see this fight happen, because at this point it'll be a showcase, and one of our legends will have a black-mark on their resume while not being in tip-top form. Not necessary.

@Malapropismic Depository

I'm wanting to do reaction videos to fights I've never seen.  Think it's going to be my new thing.  I don't want to know the result of the fights, which will be tough to avoid reading.  Stay tuned.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't want to see this fight happen, because at this point it'll be a showcase, and one of our legends will have a black-mark on their resume while not being in tip-top form. Not necessary.

@Malapropismic Depository

I'm wanting to do reaction videos to fights I've never seen.  Think it's going to be my new thing.  I don't want to know the result of the fights, which will be tough to avoid reading.  Stay tuned.

So, you going to take personal requests for reaction vids, just like Jamal AKA Jamal does with Journey, Peter Cetera, Huey Lewis songs ? :)

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, you going to take personal requests for reaction vids, just like Jamal AKA Jamal does with Journey, Peter Cetera, Huey Lewis songs ? :)

Sure thing.

I'd like your requests, and anyone's on this thread, because I don't want to know the result beforehand.  Please take that extremely seriously guys.

Youtube comments spoil the result so fast.

I need boxing matches, and I know I haven't seen every MMA match.  Boxing matches from back in the day is probably going to be the easiest to find.  Kickboxing matches as well*

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Tonight may not be a great card, but it's free on ABC.

As long as you have a TV, and a digital antennae/converter box.

Oh, and electricity :)

Vettori is an interesting contender. He may not go all the way. But he could give problems for some of the top 5 fighters.

Not that Holland is Top 5. He's actually just a fill-in. But it's just a matter of time, before Vettori faces some top fighters.

MMA: 'The fight is off' Conor McGregor tells Dustin Poirier in Twitter spat

Ireland's Conor McGregor has told Dustin Poirier their third fight scheduled for July 10 is off after the pair quarreled on Twitter over a $500,000 donation to the American's charity.

Former two-weight UFC champion McGregor said earlier this month that a third fight was booked with Poirier, who became the first man to knock him out in January. McGregor knocked Poirier out in a featherweight contest in 2014.

But McGregor was not happy when Poirier said the Irishman had not made good on a promise to donate to his charity.

"A donation, not a debt. We've been awaiting the plans for the money that never came," McGregor said in a reply.

"500k with no plan in place," he added. "The fight is off... I'm going to fight someone else on the 10th."

Poirier replied by saying McGregor's team "never responded" to emails explaining where the funds would go.