Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Moving on, I can't believe it's 5 weeks between UFC events. And we have to wait til March 27th

But looking ahead to Bellator in April - it will be Rumble Johnson vs Yoel Romero. Utterly, WOW !

5 weeks? Don't we have Jair Rosenstruik vs. Cyril Gane this saturday night?

3 hours ago, Chachie said:

5 weeks? Don't we have Jair Rosenstruik vs. Cyril Gane this saturday night?

I'm sorry - the last UFC event, they kept repeating the Gane/Rozenstruik promo over and over so many times, I then felt like it already happened that night, and it was over.

And THEN, I looked at the calendar which said the next event was Feb 27th, and for some stupid reason my brain was thinking March 27th. Hence the 5 weeks.

I think I'm going to sit in the corner and be quiet for a while and not talk about MMA :(

• Like 1

**** that.  That's why I always carry a weapon, and don't let people in my face.  You are dead.

This primitive, ****-you mindset is what separates MMA from c0ckfighting.  

Dumb ass street fight, where the audience around you dictate the rules for their pleasure.

Look at me being a preacher.

The days of fighting in the streets are over.  Streets-to-the-gyms quickly.

Either you plan on stabbin or shooting someone, or you learn how to defend yourself from that.

Anything else is a side show.

****face in that incident should be thankful for being alive.  And change his life.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

**** that.  That's why I always carry a weapon, and don't let people in my face.  You are dead.

This primitive, ****-you mindset is what separates MMA from c0ckfighting.  

Dumb ass street fight, where the audience around you dictate the rules for their pleasure.

Look at me being a preacher.

The days of fighting in the streets are over.  Streets-to-the-gyms quickly.

Either you plan on stabbin or shooting someone, or you learn how to defend yourself from that.

Anything else is a side show.

****face in that incident should be thankful for being alive.  And change his life.

Yea the fight video, did kind of suck, without the traditional DoubleStroke "Reactions".

Maybe you could re-make the video, and just over-dub audio of your reactions "OH !!! OH !!!" He is done !" and so much more of your good stuff ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea the fight video, did kind of suck, without the traditional DoubleStroke "Reactions".

Maybe you could re-make the video, and just over-dub audio of your reactions "OH !!! OH !!!" He is done !" and so much more of your good stuff ;)

Funny, I haven't seen the video.  Honestly.

I'll do a reaction.  I need the OG vid.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Alright...

Yes, there was 2 fights. But actually they were very correlated and somewhat choreographed. Spencer Jones of OU along with his friend in the turtleneck, who actually was the final trigger to the physical altercation - versus the 2 trained MMA fighters, who are actually brothers.

Right before it starts, you can hear one brother say to the other, "Which one do you want ?", in anticipation of the 2 on 2 fight, Lol...

That's confidence. He didn't care which guy (who were both larger) that he fought ; he had no hesitation about it.

When you asked "Why is Askren in this ?" I wasn't sure if you were talking about his lookalike amateur, or if it was one of those videos where they ask for Askren's input. They probably asked Askren about it, due to the resemblances. Askren also had a true story to tell, how, in 2005 the police accused him of being in a barfight, but the police had the wrong guy. Wasn't the first time he was mistaken for a guy in a fight. Ha

And just like you wanted to know about Askren, I also just wanted to know, why do I keep hearing the voice of Homer Simpson in it ? Lol

Also notice, right before the quick fist combination, he lightly slaps the dudes head right in the direction of his incoming first punch. That was a pretty slick move.

So do you think this MMA dude has potential as a professional ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

In situations like that I am fine with MMA guys defending and even subduing the bigger dudes trying confront and fight them, but at some point self-awareness has to kick in that you are trained fighters and the other guys have no chance, and you give them an opportunity to call a spade a spade and leave well enough alone.  

I am older now so I don't see myself ever being in this kind of situation (not that I ever went around looking to and/or starting fights, just not my thing, and I'd probably get my butt kicked anyway lol) but I do think there are probably a good amount of d-bags out there with MMA training, at least enough of it to really harm your average drunk joe schmo who thinks they are a tough guy.  Unleashing those skills on someone should not be something loosely thrown around and because you are professionally trained you should, outside of the cage, look to de-escalate situations as much as possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, there was 2 fights. But actually they were very correlated and somewhat choreographed. Spencer Jones of OU along with his friend in the turtleneck, who actually was the final trigger to the physical altercation - versus the 2 trained MMA fighters, who are actually brothers.

Right before it starts, you can hear one brother say to the other, "Which one do you want ?", in anticipation of the 2 on 2 fight, Lol...

That's confidence. He didn't care which guy (who were both larger) that he fought ; he had no hesitation about it.

When you asked "Why is Askren in this ?" I wasn't sure if you were talking about his lookalike amateur, or if it was one of those videos where they ask for Askren's input. They probably asked Askren about it, due to the resemblances. Askren also had a true story to tell, how, in 2005 the police accused him of being in a barfight, but the police had the wrong guy. Wasn't the first time he was mistaken for a guy in a fight. Ha

And just like you wanted to know about Askren, I also just wanted to know, why do I keep hearing the voice of Homer Simpson in it ? Lol

Also notice, right before the quick fist combination, he lightly slaps the dudes head right in the direction of his incoming first punch. That was a pretty slick move.

So do you think this MMA dude has potential as a professional ?

Can't tell if the guy has potential as a professional from that.  I clicked on a popular video and Askren started to talk directly in to a camera.

The confidence-against-larger-people thing was settled in 1993.  It's like a hustler beating someone who is a casual at something, except this is dangerous as hell.  It ain't a chess hustler or a basketball hustler...someone's head could've hit the ground lethally.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The confidence-against-larger-people thing was settled in 1993.  It's like a hustler beating someone who is a casual at something, except this is dangerous as hell.  It ain't a chess hustler or a basketball hustler...someone's head could've hit the ground lethally.

Actually it came pretty close to that. The 2nd dude (Beanie Cap vs Turtle Neck/Fluffy Jacket guy) slammed the guy's head against the bathroom wall so hard, it was obvious he was out cold.

And you could also see his head and neck get twisted from the pressure against the wall.

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually it came pretty close to that. The 2nd dude (Beanie Cap vs Turtle Neck/Fluffy Jacket guy) slammed the guy's head against the bathroom wall so hard, it was obvious he was out cold.

And you could also see his head and neck get twisted from the pressure against the wall.

Didn't even notice that.

Hard surfaces are what people tend to overlook in a streetfight.  You can go to jail for manslaughter just for winning; die or be perma-screwed if you lose.  IF it's a fight for your life, use hard surfaces.  Pavement is your best friend.  How many times would Arona have died if Rampage slammed him on pavement?  A trillion?

The dangern of streetfighting should be understood at this point.  Horrible **** can happen, and its not something to be proud of if you win one.  Only if you are defending yourself.  That video is viral, but it could've been evidence at a trial.  Too thin of a line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So for Saturday I'm saying:

Adesanya

Yan

Nunes

I'll take Sterling.  No idea who Yan is.  Would've taken me a millon years to guess who the BW champion is.  I'm way out of the game...

Therefore I'll take the dude who I've watched.  Sterling is a strong mf.  Impose your will, underdog!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'll take Sterling.  No idea who Yan is.  Would've taken me a millon years to guess who the BW champion is.  I'm way out of the game...

Therefore I'll take the dude who I've watched.  Sterling is a strong mf.  Impose your will, underdog!

Yan is a beast dude.  Sterling is no slouch himself, but Yan is quickly becoming the next "until I witness anyone look good against him, I am not picking against him" of that weight division.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yan is a beast dude.  Sterling is no slouch himself, but Yan is quickly becoming the next "until I witness anyone look good against him, I am not picking against him" of that weight division.

Wow.  I'll have to watch some of his fights in preparation.  Any recommendations?

13 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So for Saturday I'm saying:

Adesanya

Yan

Nunes

I go with Blachowicz.

I'm sure Adesanya will try to dance and weave his way through this, but...

It's just too difficult for any fighter, to move up and face a heavier fighter, and make all those necessary adjustments.

In fact, we have an exact scenario as a precedent

The last time a Middleweight attempted to move up to face the LHW Blachowicz in particular, this is what happened...

Luke.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

The main reason I am picking Adesanya is for his elusiveness and ability to hit you with punches from every angle, often angles you don't see coming. I think Blachowicz is game for a brawl, which is why he excelled against a guy like D. Cruz who was willing to walk forward, no head movement, and just swing, but Izzy is really Mayweather-like in his ability to hit but also avoid being hit.

Now that being said, if Blachowicz connects with something big early...........

• Like 1

I was wondering why there were two belts involved.  I'm familiar with Adesaya, I've seen one of Jan's fights.  Yes, very strong dude.  I think Adensanya picks him apart for 5 rounds, wins the points battle.  Guy is great to watch.

So he's moving up and Jones is moving up?  I think Jon is going to get destroyed.  Not wishing anything on the guy...just thinking career-blunder.  He's no spring chicken anymore, been thru alot...as much as he's messed up...what would it feel like to see Jon Jones KTFO.  I'll feel old as hell.

Anyways...Tank Abbott via 1st RD KO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I was wondering why there were two belts involved.  I'm familiar with Adesaya, I've seen one of Jan's fights.  Yes, very strong dude.  I think Adensanya picks him apart for 5 rounds, wins the points battle.  Guy is great to watch.

So he's moving up and Jones is moving up?  I think Jon is going to get destroyed.  Not wishing anything on the guy...just thinking career-blunder.  He's no spring chicken anymore, been thru alot...as much as he's messed up...what would it feel like to see Jon Jones KTFO.  I'll feel old as hell.

Anyways...Tank Abbott via 1st RD KO.

Yes, I expect Adesyana to at least attempt to piece him, little by little.

But my question is ; since Adesanya has stated that he will actually fight at his normal weight, 185...

that's a 20 pound difference (unless he picks a weight somewhere in between MW and LHW)

Of course, that will probably help his speed. But with the weight difference, even if Adesanya tries to pick him apart, would he have enough beef behind his punches and kicks, to do enough damage to JB ?

So, I'm thinking he probably won't finish JB, but there's a good chance he Decisions him. On the other hand, that gives JB another advantage, because if that happens, he will have a huge window of opportunity - 5 Rounds, to just land 1 Polish Punch. Adesanya's best chance may be to try to land a precision kick to the head of JB.

I keep going back and forth in advantages, because that's just the way this fight is - it could go either way in the winner, realistically.

The difference is, how they win, would be different for each of them.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, I expect Adesyana to at least attempt to piece him, little by little.

But my question is ; since Adesanya has stated that he will actually fight at his normal weight, 185...

that's a 20 pound difference (unless he picks a weight somewhere in between MW and LHW)

Of course, that will probably help his speed. But with the weight difference, even if Adesanya tries to pick him apart, would he have enough beef behind his punches and kicks, to do enough damage to JB ?

So, I'm thinking he probably won't finish JB, but there's a good chance he Decisions him. On the other hand, that gives JB another advantage, because if that happens, he will have a huge window of opportunity - 5 Rounds, to just land 1 Polish Punch. Adesanya's best chance may be to try to land a precision kick to the head of JB.

I keep going back and forth in advantages, because that's just the way this fight is - it could go either way in the winner, realistically.

The difference is, how they win, would be different for each of them.

Adesanya's weight will be extremely interesting.  Especially considering his quickness.  "With the quickness" is what I've repeated too much watching his fights.  It stops here.

His leg kicks are underrated.  They destroy, dude.  Why doesn't anyone talk about that? Ow, mother****er.

Is Costa, Paulo Fihlo 2.0?  History repeats itself...

• Like 1